CHAPTER 22 NOW I KNOW WHY

The Best Part of Me [Editing]

 

Myungsoo invited Jiyeon into the house. The house feels so empty. There was President Kim waiting them at the dining table with various foods was already served by the maids. It was two maids stand behind the President and get ready for any request by President Kim or Myungsoo. Jiyeon bowed and greet her future father in-law and sit down as Myungsoo pulled the chair for her.

Mr Kim: “How’s your day Jiyeon? Still having problems with your work?”

Jiyeon: “uhm..Actually, I think I can handle it better this time especially with Myungsoo here to help me. Im grateful for that.”

L: “ Really? Hehe…so, I think I need you to pay me for the lesson huh? ” He said as he take his sit opposite of Jiyeon while Jiyeon shrunk her nose and stick her tounge to Myungsoo.

Jiyeon: “aa..sorry ahbuhji for did that..” She apologized President Kim as she realized he was watching her sticking her tounge to Myungsoo.

Pres Kim: “It’s okay…aa, good to hear that from you Jiyeon. By the way, Myungsoo you should going back to our company by next week, since I have to let you start to learn about the company more soon. Pres Park told me that you already learnt a lot from him and even got private tutor for that. So, he let you back to us as soon as next week.”

L &  Jiyeon : “ What?!..” Both of them so surprised of the sudden news from President Kim.

Pres Kim: “ haha, its kind of surprised for both of you I guess, when I thought it was only from Myungsoo.”

Jiyeon: “..aar, yes, it’s a surprised. ” Jiyeon respond shortly as she still had mixed thought with her right now.

L: “ Yes, ahbuhji, I’ll do as you said. But can you let me stay there until end of this month? I want to settle my project before I go back to the company? ”

Pres Kim: “Okay, lets do that way then. I can wait until that.”

L: “ Im done eating..so many foods and can’t finish them..thanks for the food ahjumma (the maid) ”. The maids just nodded their head and put their smile on their face because they feel being appreciated for the hardwork.

Pres Kim: “Are you done Jiyeon ? Seems like you are you finish up the foods?”

Jiyeon: “ aa, Yes im done, the foods are good, it’s just that im my stomach not feeling well lately. ” Jiyeon bitter smile while talked to his father make Myungsoo think of why her act that way.

Mr Kim: “Myungsoo, I’ve long for your uncle white coffee. His shop still on business at this time right? Can you get it ?”

L: “Yes, ahbuhji, I’ll get it now.”

“Do you drink white coffee? Let’s go together then? ” He looked at Jiyeon and signaling her to come with him.

Pres Kim: “ I think that Jiyeon can wait here, since I have something to discuss with her too. ”

Jiyeon: “ aa..im …” She wanted to come with Myungsoo but President Kim holds her hand ask her to stay.

L: “ Okay, I’ll be right back quickly.” He take his phone and head to his car.

As Myungsoo already left the house, Pres Kim asked Jiyeon to come with him to the study room.

Pres Kim: “ You already miss him now? ” Pres Kim smirking and caress her head as she take her sit opposite to him.

Jiyeon: “Am I too obvious? I guess, I really like him…now”. She smile and try to avoid Mr Pres look as she feels so embrassed right now.

Pres Kim: “hahha! You are so cute. Actually I wanted to share with you something about our Myungsoo. That’s why I want you to stay.”

Jiyeon: “ What is it ahbuhnim? ” She look at Pres Kim seriously and din’t want to miss any word.

Mr Kim: “ Our Myungsoo or L.., have something that he afraid of. What do you think why he like others to call him that?”

Jiyeon: “Sometime, I feel weird too but maybe he just like that name, because it was simple and cool..hehe”

Mr Kim: “It’s partially true ...”

Myungsoo flashback..

“Hey you! So, now you the freak guy that made to be our trainee huh? Such a weirdo with that big glasses. You can’t sing or even dancing huh?” A boy critized another boy that just get out from a room. He was the one that brought a guitar with him and turned his back as he heard someone was talking to him. He was totally startled as an unknown figure try to critized him.

“Excuse, are you talking to me? ” He scrathed her head and adjust his big glasses.

“ You are Kim Myung Soo right? What a lame name…huh”. He sighed and pushed him away making him leaned to the wall. Their eyes meet each other as their face getting close to each other.

“ Such a nerd & weirdo! Never dream to debut in the future because you are only deserved to be a trainee , mama boy!” He whispered at him.

“ Yes, Im Kim Myung Soo and Im not a mama boy! ” He tried to defended himself as the boy never put it seriously.

“Fine! Im Lee Seung Yeol! And I’m the way talented than you are! Try to look yourself in the mirror! If I was you, I won’t look at the mirror. It’s scary! “ He turned Myungsoo to the mirror that was just behind him.

“ You see! The different being an idol and common people?” Seung Yeol caress his face as glanced at Myungsoo as they watched their reflection on the mirror.

“ Are you done now? I have to go!” Myungsoo turned himself back to face Seung Yeol and left him after that. Myungsoo tried to ignore those things that he said but…he just can’t. Seung Yeol just looked him from back as Myungsoo slowly walked away.

“ Who’s that honey? He looked so..weird.” A girl ask Seung Yeol as she saw a boy just walked away after have a talk with his boyfriend, Seung Yeol.

“ You have nothing to do with it, and you don’t have to. Let’s go honey.”

“What?..Sunhwa is his girlfriend? Well, nobody know my existence here, she don’t even know my name.” Myungsoo feels so empty as he dropped his pace.

End Flashback..                 

Pres Kim: “ When he was young, he used to like singing and playing guitar. But, because of me wanted him to further his study in business, he forget his dream being a singer. What was making me worried about him so much in the past was that he never against my will to continued his study instead of being a singer. He more like a person that lost of faith on himself and just obeyed to my will. Not long after that, I get to know that what kind of life he had in his school while being a trainee. He was being bullied and looked down by his teammate. I never forced him to study hard but it was himself put those hardwork to do well in study. Maybe he wanted something for himself that time…”

Jiyeon: “ So, what make he so different now. He absolutely different person and..he’s not like someone who was passion in musis before.”

Pres Kim: “ When he finish his study in UK two years ago, he made it by dating with a girl named Sunhwa, but she finally left him because she don’t feel like Myungsoo is a good man, I mean, he once a salaryman. Since she don’t know who’s Myungsoo actually is until now. Moreover, I do it on purposed make him as a regular staft at that time, and see what kind of girl she is. Now, I know who she is.”

Jiyeon: “ Ah, I see. No wonder that she still ignored Myungsoo when we met at the office. So..what make you see me differently than her? Why you like me?” She looked at Pres Kim and hanging a wide smile on her face waiting for an answer.

Pres Kim: “ Because, you worth your family and through a lot as an only heir With that responsibility of yours....and I know many thing about you from your father. He always talked about you everytime we met, I know that you and Myungsoo can make a great couple. I know what the best for Myungsoo. I think for you as well.”

Jiyeon: “ Thank You ahbuhnim. For having that faith in me. By the way…did..”

Knock ! Knock ! Knock !

Someone knocking the door and someone get in even before Pres Kim instructed he to get in..It’s Myungsoo..Well, it was his habit, to get in right away after knocking three times.

Jiyeon : “You here? ” Turned her back when she can feel the one that come was Myungsoo.

L: “Yes..Do you missing me already? Your fiancé is here! ” Open his arm as offer her a hug but she ignored him, again sticking out her tongue.

Pres Kim: “ Where’s my coffee? Bring it here.”

L: “ Ah, I put it outside. You want to drink it here?”

Pres Kim: “ No,..i think we better head out and drink it together.”

L: “ Okay…then.”

They walked out from the study room and enjoying their coffee together before Myungsoo send Jiyeon back.