CHAPTER 20 MYUNGSOO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY…

The Best Part of Me [Editing]

 

 

Jiyeon arrived at her office earlier than usual today. She heads to the café for a cup of coffee and leave as she had her coffee. As she want to enter the lift, her phone ringing. It’s an "unknown number".

Jiyeon: “ Who’s this?..”Hello? Jiyeon imnida..” She's wondering as scratched her unitchy forehead. 

?: “Hello, this is Mr. Kim, KIM Soo Ro, Myungsoo ahbuhji.”

Jiyeon: “aa..yees? Mr Kim…? She was so shocked and lost her words. She suddenly bowed by herself although it was only a phone conversation. She still in the blue because her boyfriend dad talking to her. Those mixed feeling she have, she try to cope with it not letting Mr Kim noticed her expression now.

Mr Kim: “It’s okay Jiyeon aa, just call me ahbuhnim. I called you because I want to meet you, but please don’t let Myungsoo know about this. “

Jiyeon: “Yes, Ahbuhnim. When we’ll gonna meet?”

Mr Kim: “uhm…how about today lunchtime ?”

Jiyeon: “Yes, I’ll meet you…today.”

L: “Jiyeon na?” Patted her shoulder.

“ You were here? You really love coffee. Huh?” She turned her back as she knew Myungsoo patted her shoulder.

Jiyeon: “Myungsoo aah? You were here as well? I didn't saw you just now.. “

L: “Yes, lets have our lunch together today! “

Jiyeon: “Today? Im sorry, I can’t. I have an appointment..Sorry..”

She hold Myungsoo hand that cause him to smile.

L: “It’s okay..so, how about tonight? Dinner will be okay right?

Jiyeon: “Of course..we'll meet after work .”

During lunch…

Mr Kim: “Jiyeon ? You come earlier than me..Sorry, im late” Give signal to his secretary to live him alone with Jiyeon.

Jiyeon: “No, its okay. I just come in .

Oh my!! Myungsoo father was HIM? KIM SOO RO?

Stand up and give him a bow, show her courtesy to him.

Mr Kim: “You are pretty, I can see why he likes you…” Smile as he gulped his water.

Jiyeon: "No, I’m not, I’m lucky to have him and actually, knowing that he was your son..its..its..".

Jiyeon lost for words as she really have no idea that actually dated a person not simply an employee but, a well-known figure in Korea.

"This quit surprising me, not it’s  big surprised.” She said as her heart beats unevenly.

Mr Kim: “That’s how he live his live..Sometime I think that he don’t like the fact that he’s the only heir, it’s might a burden for him. Please understand him.”

Jiyeon: “Yes..he” Clenched her fist.

”Yah! Myungsoo! How come you, I’ll make my fist eat your face after this.” She whispered.

Jiyeon: “Well, what is the thing you wanted to tell me?”

Mr Kim: “Your father and I, we know each other, you can say that we’re not just a partner in business but more like brothers…I just come back to Korea few years ago. That’s why you didn’t really know about it. We know since we’re young.”

Jiyeon: “Really..so, you’re the ‘turtle Kim’ that my father always talked about. Oops!” Shutted and move her face as she realized that she was say something that she shouldn’t.

Mr Kim: “Hahaha,it’s okay. Didn’t he tells you that he also had his nickname? We called him cockroach! Funny is it ..”

This girl is so cute and so innocence, You are lucky Myungsoo and got right eyes too.

“I can see why Myungsoo likes you…ah! Before im forgot, did you know that tomorrow is his birthday?”

Jiyeon: “What? i..i.. don’t know about that. I guess I lose my point for that..?” She said it as she throw him a smile making Mr Kim laughing.

Mr Kim: “It’s not a problem, since you here, I need you do this thing, can you do it for me?”

Jiyeon: “What is it, I try my best, for sure! “ Looked at him seriously.

Mr Kim: “Please celebrate his birthday, on behalf of me ..because every year, I’ll celebrate with him but, I can’t make it this year. I don’t want to let him all alone during his birthday, as he lost his mother at young age. I hope you understand.”

Jiyeon: “I understand. I’ll do it for you, ahbuhnim…lets eat the foods, before its getting cold.” She then put a meat in Mr Kim bowl. He thanks her for that thoughtful action.

Mr. kim: “Thank you Jiyeon aa.”

Suddenly..he open his mouth again..

“Jiyeon aaa, what if you & our Myungsoo… have your engagement party ..?

Jiyeon: “WHAT?” Chocked her food.

“Im sorry..Me& Myungsoo? Engage ? It’s kinda… “

Mr Kim: “It’s okay…im just say it..just eat you rice..”

He was amused to watch Jiyeon sudden reaction.

Myungsoo surprise birthday night…!

Jiyeon POV

What should I do for his birthday party? Should I come to his house? Uhmm..but I’ll make sure that it was a great birthday celebration for him. What should I do?...

 

Myungsoo, I’ll go to UK for business trip. I won’t be there to celebrate your birthday like always.                  -Ahbuhji-

Myungsoo: “What is this? Fine..i’ll celebrate it with Jiyeon then! Yes,it’s better!”

Myungsoo aa, I’ll go to UK tomorrow with my dad, now im on my way to airport, our flight was early in the morning, because it was so sudden, I can’t meet you before I go.Mian…                                                   -Jiyeon-

“Aissh! That's why she didn’t answer my call? It’s so great! Everyone is ignoring me today! Oh GREAT birthday ever! “ He smashed his phone on the sofa.

Myungsoo: “Even you! Now I am going crazy, for REAL. Should I go there to? ”

Landed his body on his bed and as he want to close his eyes…

Ting! tong! “ Er? Who’s that?”

?: Saengil chukka!!!! *singing happy birthday song*

L: “Jae Kyung noona?..how?...” He was startled as he let her get in the house. He's not sure how to respond her.

JK: “Let’s celebrate together…! Okay?”

L: “Noona..,” He just let Jae Kyung served the cake that her brought and celebrated his birthday with her.

He suddenly heard that his door was opened, but when he take a look at it, there’s no one."Perhaps, i forgot to locked the door just now?" He said as he escorted Jaekyung out of the house.

JK: “Bye..see you again, next time.” Try to land a kiss on his cheek but he avoid it cause her to pout.

L: “Thank you noona, drive safely. Bye. When he wanted to get in the house suddenly his eyes was find something beside the door…”

L: “eh? Who put this here?” It was a cake with the untouched lighting candles and the wax almost reached the cake surface. He then read the card that comes with the present..

 

Dear Myungsoo,

Saengil chukhae, Happy Birthday to My Beloved Myungsoo…                  - LOVE JIYEON-

 

“What is this? She was here? Aishh!? Jiyeon aa! Myungsoo grabbed his keys and speeding his car…”Jiyeon aa, wait for me..i’ll go with you. Sorry, again I was ignoring you”.

JIYEON POV

“Okay, now I look great..hehe” Look herself in mirror as she was in the lift. The door lift was opened and she headed to Myungsoo house. She silently entered the password of the house that is her birthday! But..as she saw a pair of woman shoes, and it’s not hers..she stopped her step… ”It’s Jae Kyung? Yes, that’s her voice…” Jiyeon quickly went out as she heard Myungsoo foot steps. “What is this? Im late again…” Jiyeon walked away and left the cake & present beside the door. She leave them without they knowing her presence. She drove to the airport earlier eventhought her flight will be few hours later. She just don’t have any reason to stay there any longer, as it’ll hurts her more.

“Goodbye Myungsoo aa, you make me wonder if we’re make the right decision. I think im too late being there.“

End POV

L: “Where could she be? ” He scanned his eyes everywhere, wanted to find her but he didn’t see her.

“ I don’t think that she’s already left to UK..”

Suddenly he saw her.Wearing her usual boots and black cardigan with her grey shorts…! “Jiyeon aaa!!! ” Myungsoo ran to her and hug her tightly from back as Jiyeon not even able to turn her face.

Jiyeon: “Myungsoo aa! Why you acted like this? ” She said while try to release his hugged.

L: “Please, just stay like this for a few minutes..” He said as he tighten his embraced.

Jiyeon: “ Myungsoo aa, please, let me go..”

He let go of her and pulled her shoulder making her facing him.

As he wanted to hug her again, she pushed him instead..

Jiyeon: “I have to go…please go back, you have to go to work tomorrow. She turned around and walk away, left him dumbfounded.”

L:  “Im sorry! 'KIM' JI YEON! aa..” He called her name with his SURNAME deliberately that cause her to stop her step.

Jiyeon: “Myungsoo aa, im PARK! Even forgot my name? I think we did mistake?” She said as her voice dropping.

L: “What do you mean ?” Give her a cold stare & clenched his fist.

Jiyeon: “I’m not confident..if I can make you happy, you look happy back then.. Im afraid that you regret for choosing me…Should I ..” She couldn’t finish her words.

L: “So, you think that I’ll be happy if you leave me? Come with me..!” KIM JI YEON!

Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and bring her into the café.

Jiyeon: “Are you crazy?..My father will see us! He was here just now…!and know what stop calling me that!What's now?”

Jiyeon gazed at Myungsoo making him speechless for a moment since the stunning looks that Jiyeon had can make any boy lost for words.

L: “Yes, I want to see him now...I dont care anymore.”

 Myungsoo saw President Park whose busy with his ipad perhaps reading news and Myungsoo greet him nicely. Mr Park was shocked to see his sudden appearance.

Mr Park: “Eh? L ? You were here as well? “

L: “ Mr President, no..Ahbuhnim…Im sorry,Do you mine if i want to tell you something.”.

Mr Park: “What is ..?”

L: “We want to get engaged. We..are together now..Please give yur blessing. I beg you.”

Jiyeon: “KIM Myungsoo!!! What do you mean?”

Mr Park: “hahaha..”

Jiyeon was so scared of her father respond …

Mr Park: “L? You’re …HAHAHA. You are not ‘turtle’ like your father! You are better than I expect! Yes..! You have my bless, how about get married right away?”

Jiyeon: “APPA! DAD! You..and  HE... “

“Aishh! Appa! Please, he’s not mean it. Engagement? It’s too..”

L: “I do..Im serious..Ahbuhnim.  My father will have nothing to say too..Im sure. “

Mr Park: “Okay…Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon: “I won’t agree with the engagement or what…”

Mr Park: “Perhaps, a marriage ? How about a marriage, Jiyeon?”

”L: Yes, its not bad at all, we won’t waste time anymore.”

Jiyeon: “Why is everyone act like this…okay, tell me ONE good reason that I should.”

L: “Because I LOVE YOU !” Looked Jiyeon in her eyes.

Jiyeon & Mr Park: “Both startled..Jiyeon never expect that ge was so determine this time!”...

*to be continued. xD How is it?