Night in Jail

Bastard in the Mirror

A/N: Thank you for the wait and my newest subscribers: marbalinas, Imyouknowwho, iseeadragoninthesky, specterd, & BabyBoiceVIP!

 

____

My head throbs, my body aches, and my eyes are drooping. I don’t know how students do this, how can they stay up all hours of the night staring at a book? My eyes are stinging just thinking about it! I rubbed my closed eyelids, taking a break from reading the old, worn out book with font too small. “Ya! Seunghyun, come take this book I’m seeing the font whenever I close my eyes!” I shouted for the younger male, his body covered with stacks of books towering over him. His body resurfaced and he smirked, walked over and grabbed the book. “Don’t laugh,” I pushed him.

“Mianhae!” he chuckled. “What do you want to do now then?” he asked me and I shrugged. It was late and my eyes were drooping but I couldn’t necessarily fall asleep. That was the most irritating part.

“I can’t fall asleep now, so I should work on some music composition,” I sighed and walked over to the coffee table, grabbing my sheet music and pencil.

“Is working in the music business fun?” he asked from over my shoulder and I nodded.

“I like it a lot, especially now when we’re in a roller coaster of emotions and a new dimension,” I sighed and looked over what I had written. I admit, ever since Bottom’s Up I’ve been ignoring my work but Dara has gotten on my case about it so I decided to continue my work.

“There was once a point in my life I wanted to become a singer,” Seunghyun confessed.

“Jinjja? Why didn’t you pursue it?” I wondered and I felt him shrug.

“My parents steered me out of it before I got too serious about it, that’s how I got into medical school,” he chuckled and I frowned. My parents were all for me in the music business, maybe it was just because I decided to dedicate myself to something other than staying inside the house. “I also wanted to become a teacher at one point,” he sighed.

“Why didn’t you pursue it?” I asked.

“No one supported it, they said the pay was low and the job wasn’t satisfying enough while being a doctor meant getting money and saving lives.” Sounds like everyone wanted him to go their way, like no one supported his decision in anything. That was depressing.

“Um, isn’t the point of a job supposed to enjoy it so it’s not work?” I looked up at him and he shrugged.

“I like it when I make other people happy, if they want the best from me I’ll give them the best,” he smiled softly. He seemed confused about what he wanted; you don’t just drop one of your passions for another in a snap.

“Well, have you ever talked to it about someone?” I turned around to face him.

“Um, if Seungri counts then him but…no one else,” he admitted shyly and sat back down in the midst of books. “I’m gonna keep looking for something, I’m moving onto biology. You can take a break if you want,” he changed subjects and I sighed, closing my sheet book. I need to go back there and talk to Seungri.

The wellbeing of my family comes first, before work. Even after a short time with Little Seunghyun I feel like I can call him my little brother you know? I wanted to care for him and protect him; I wanted to know how I can help. Though, Seunghyun mentioned it would take a long time to figure out what can speed up the movement in their molecules so I would have to sneak in and out so I didn’t get too many questions. It was dark in Bottom’s Up which made moving around easier and the jailhouse was vacated besides the inmates. Guess policemen needed sleep too. I quietly moved up the stairs and saw that the very top floor had their lights on. Maybe they’re the ones that never sleep. “Jiyong?” T.O.P furrowed his eyebrows and I waved to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I just wanted to…talk to Seungri for a minute,” I mumbled and reached the floor.

“Mm? Heard my name,” Seungri pressed up against the bars.

“Ani, we were talking about a panda that’s on the loose,” E-Minji grumbled and I smirked as Seungri frowned.

“Funny, haha, now what’s up?” the captive turned his attention to me and I sat in front of him.

“I was wondering about Little Seunghyun and his career choices,” I mumbled and he frowned deeper.

“There are three things the kid’s ever wanted to do: one, doctor just like the fam wants, two, an entertainer the whole singing/dancing combo, and three, he wanted to learn English and teach it to high schoolers,” Seungri held up his last three fingers in front of me but the folded his pinkie and ring finger leaving up the middle one making me roll my eyes. “The fam shut down the last two before they even took off. Before I got arrested he used to cry, cry because he thought that no one believed in him to do something that he wanted. He would sit down with me and just sob into his hands like nothing else mattered except getting rid of all the tears…and it always took a long time,” he sighed and dropped his hand. I frowned. I thought Seunghyun was just kind of quiet and shy, I couldn’t imagine him crying very well. It broke my heart.

“Jinjja?” I mumbled and he nodded.

“Seunghyun likes to look mysterious, without emotions, stoic. But that’s the barrier; if you break the barrier you’ll see he’s sensitive. Well…not sensitive. I like to think that he’s been bruised too much before and it hurts to the touch now,” Seungri clarified with a soft smile and looked to the ground. “I missed the times when he used to confide to me,” he sighed deeply and pressed his head against the bars.

“Um, Ri are you crying?”

“No! I’m not crying T.O.P!” Seungri barked and turned away from us, crossing his arms and E-Minji laughed.

“Aw, our panda’s cwying,” E-Minji teased as Seungri ran his fingers along his short cut hair. I thought it was weird when T.O.P cried, when Seungri cried I was just confused. Seungri really misses Seunghyun. They seemed close.

“I just…liked helping him out…surprisingly,” the young male sniffed quietly and I saw his hands come up to wipe at his eyes. He’s really crying. “And then he figured out I was in a gang, so I told him and he got mad at me. I’m sure I told you before, I was angry with him, but at the same time I knew he was right and I felt sorry for the things I did. I didn’t have anyone that I cared about, he didn’t have anyone that cared about him, we just kind of clicked,” he folded his hands together halfheartedly. “But when he knew about my past, we broke apart,” he let his hands fall at his sides like they were lead. He wouldn’t speak after that, I felt like he pushed the envelope a little too much but I didn’t have the answer I wanted yet.

“Do you know what would make him happiest?” I asked softly and he turned around, his once piercing eyes were now melting into blue puddles.

“Music,” he answered simply and then crawled over to his bed, pulling the blanket over himself.

“Night Panda,” E-Minji called out, it wasn’t even teasingly. It was more soft and loving. As I made a mental note to think of something for Seunghyun I turned around so I was facing the baby faced prisoner. She smiled at me. “Hey,” she called out and I couldn’t help but smirk.

“You know Minji’s dating Little Seunghyun?” I asked her and she shrugged.

“It’s her decision, not mine. Before we got arrested Seungri and I kind of had an on/off relationship to be honest,” she confessed and I raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, weird, but it worked…sort of. We broke up when he was admitted into jail for life, but when the police figured out I was in cahoots with one of the top criminals they shut me up here just to be safe—.”

“Wait, so, you actually didn’t do anything wrong?” I stopped her and she made a fierce thinking face, like it was painful for her to think.

“I wouldn’t use the word wrong, more like, I haven’t done anything illegal,” she specified, thinking again, and I crunched my eyebrows together. Why would they put her here? Just for associating with Seungri? “Over here it’s law that you must report any kind of criminal activity, I didn’t so I’m stuck up here,” she clarified and I awed.

“What a stupid law,” I muttered and she laughed.

“A bit, but it’s law. Don’t have to agree with it but you still have to obey it,” she shrugged and I nodded. I need to ask Seunghyun a bit about law. “It’s getting late, you should go home,” E-Minji suggested.

“I don’t want to go home,” I mumbled what was on my mind and E-Minji chuckled, straightening out her jumpsuit.

“Pretty sure you can stay here. Who gives a about visiting hours? You just have to be gone by 8:30, that’s when Taeyang and D-Man come in to check on us,” E-Minji informed me and I smiled. Sure it was a prison, but Dara’s cell was dark and I was comfortable with any of the other criminals.

“The cell next to Seungri’s is open, no one’s occupied it so it’s actually pretty clean,” T.O.P pointed at the cell across from him and I walked over to the empty cell, taking a cautious step inside. The cell was about half the size of my bedroom, the concrete floor felt cold even if I was wearing sneakers and the black bed was hung up with shimmering steel chains. There was a small square of metal on the wall but it didn’t seem to have any significance. The bed had a small pillow on it and a thin blanket but I didn’t care, I get hot easily. I took off my jacket and set it on the ground, curling myself up in the blanket. It wasn’t that bad. The mattress was small yet soft, it molded into my body.

“It’s nice,” I commented.

“Soon it just ends up having a mold in of your body,” T.O.P chuckled.

“Night boys,” E-Minji said.

 

“Night,” the elder male responded and the lights went out. I blinked my eyes a couple times; I could see Seungri’s body lying on his bed and the outlines of the prison’s structures. I am sleeping in jail and I’m not even arrested what the heck am I doing? But I was tired, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.