Just Shoot

Bastard in the Mirror

A/N: Woah, updating so soon. :O I've been in a good mood though so this is a bit of a present for those subscribers who've been sticking with this story no matter how long it takes for the next update and the newer subscribers like: pris1007! 

 

____

I don’t care if you kill anyone just shoot! That part put my mind slightly to ease; at least now I knew that if I happened to take someone’s life while firing I wouldn’t go to jail. I saw Dara and Bom taking cover under the seats and I looked forward to see Minji also hiding but both Seunghyuns seemed to be blown off somewhere else. Dammit. Soon gun shots were fired making me aim for the door to shoot blindly. I didn’t know who I hit but I saw the dark red fluid splash, contrasting with all of the smoke. It made me cringe, sure I’ve shot a gun before, but that was at nonmoving non bleeding target boards. I wasn’t used to shooting people, let alone killing them! “Everybody stay down!” I heard Big Seunghyun shout to the screaming public. If I remember what he said and what I saw, the news crew was also filming the case live. More people were here then there should’ve been. Big Seunghyun sounded farther back, maybe in the next aisle of pews. My mind was racing now; I could feel the tattoo of my heart pumping vigorously in my veins. My hands were shaking and yet whenever I held up the gun my arm went steady. This was what pure adrenaline felt like. I wanted to fire again, oddly enough. And so I raised my gun and noticed dark figures standing in the doorway, the smoke was clearing. I pulled the trigger and saw one man crumple to the ground leaving this world in a thud. Something was wrong, that was okay with me. A hand clasped my shoulder and I swear I had a heart attack.

“Hyung!” oh my God Little Seunghyun when this is over I am going to kick your for scaring me like that. “These are Youngbae’s friends! They all wear the bandana either over their mouths or around their hair!” I looked around, back from where he came from, and saw that he was right. I’ve seen Youngbae wear a black bandana around the crown of his head before; these guys had the exact same bandana with the same style or around their mouths. I looked over to the floor, peering over the small wood wall, but saw Youngbae also hiding under his desk like he was fearing for his life. What is he planning? Mid thought a bullet zoomed in between Little Seunghyun and I making both of us yelp and the girls screamed. “!” he didn’t even bother covering his mouth after firing in the same direction of the bullet. I think that was the first time I ever heard the guy swear. At least it was in context though.

“He’s pretending to hide! He’s up to something!” I shouted back.

“I know! Seunghyun is taking up the middle and left pews but he should be getting back up!” the male told me and looked behind him as a surprisingly close gunshot was heard. “I’ll stay here! You should help out Hyung!” I nodded and got onto my feet, looking at Dara who had her eyes wide.

“Are you crazy?!” she yelled at me.

“I’ll be fine just stay—!” Big Seunghyun appeared in front of my eyes, giving me the second heart attack of the day. Don’t these people know that there are bullets flying all over the place and I’m not used to people appearing out of thin air?!

“Ani! I need you five to get out of here! The SWAT Team’s arriving any minute! I’ll get Chaerin, you guys bolt!” he ordered like some sort of army general and stood back up, skillfully dodging a bullet that was inches from his face. My jaw dropped as he then raised his gun and fired as if the joy had vanished from his life. God he looked cool. As he ducked his head and started walking over to the witness stand I saw Bom scurry from underneath the pew. Before I could even think about what she was doing she ran over to Seunghyun.

“Unnie!” Dara called but Bom was already by the tall agent. I heard his voice booming with surprise and anger, but after that I just saw Bom’s mouth moving and Seunghyun’s chin going up and down. He was stiff, gripping her arm and trying to pull her back but she wouldn’t budge. I wanted to get up and bring her back, but in the room with bullets flying everywhere I was thinking otherwise. Dammit think of something Jiyong!

“Seunghyun! Take Dara and Minji out of here, I’m getting Chaerin and Bom!” I told the younger as I carefully transferred Dara to him.

“Ne Hyung!” the other nodded and the three of them slowly moved towards the door, I managed to shoot down their only door post. I turned my attention to the witness stand where I saw no one but I knew Chaerin wouldn’t dare go anywhere else. I crawled across the floor, seeing lawyers and spectators pressed into the ground until it seemed like they would fall through the earth. Seunghyun seemed like he had Bom, so I went passed them. I ignored Youngbae’s glares and crawled up the stairs to Chaerin who was hiding under the stand with her arms over her head. It made me sick to my stomach. Everyone looked like this actually. We were all scared and refusing to believe what it was, if I had something to cover my head I’d crawl under it too!

“Chaerin!” she didn’t look up, she shut her eyes tightly if anything. Come on we have to get out of here! “R-Rinnie let’s go! We have to get out of here before you get hurt!” I always heard Bom and Dara call her “Rinnie”, it was the only thing on my mind to get her attention.

“Oppa! Gwenchana?!” she yelled and didn’t wait for a response; she just launched herself into my arms. I’ve never been hugged so tightly, by anyone, ever. For a minute I squeezed her in my embrace, this was difficult, but she had been the star witness as well as the criminal’s ex-girlfriend and I was afraid that Youngbae’s gang was aiming to get their hands on her. I slowly released our hug and gripped her shoulders.

“Come on! The SWAT Team’s coming soon! We should leave!” she glanced down and her eyes widened at the gun I had set down. “It’s okay I know how to control it!” I assured her and she nodded as our hands slipped together and I took the gun in my right hand. We’re halfway there, just get Bom and let’s go. As we crawled down the steps I looked to the side and immediately met eyes with Youngbae who had been folding a piece of paper. His smoldering coals were suddenly set ablaze as he stood up from under the desk, continuing to look at me like he was trying to look deeper.

“Hyungbae!” he growled and a shorter version of him came running up from behind. Like seriously, same eyes and same hair but the rest of his face was covered with the bandana. The convict held out his wrists for the other and the chain was blown apart by his henchman’s gun that was then offered to the now free man. “Gamsa,” he mumbled and turned back to me, suddenly raising his newly obtained gun. I pulled Chaerin behind my back and scrunched up my face, waiting for the bullet to come. I felt the girl shivering into my body, unable to contain her fear. When no pain came I opened up an eye but the man was in the same position but there was less of a determination in his eyes. His hand is shaking…why would a gangster be afraid of shooting someone? Why was he hesitating?! And then he dropped his arm and kicked the pew behind him, the shock made me drop my own gun. Oh my God I could’ve been on the ground bleeding to death by now, why was he so merciful?! He then roared into the air, silencing all others’ screams and guns, leaving our eyes to widen even more at his actions. Oh my God he’s gone crazy…or he is crazy. It wasn’t just any other scream either, you could see his neck was strained and the veins were bulging right out of it. His fingers were curled making the bones on the back of his hand become defined and his triceps scrunched together. He seemed…frustrated.

“O-oppa…” Chaerin mumbled behind me and the man stopped screaming. The echoes resounded off of the wooden walls as he huffed and stared into me. I wanted to cower down but that wouldn’t help, so I tried to stare back with the same intensity.

“SWAT Team! Put the gun down, Dong!” everyone looked towards the door as men clad in black Kevlar wielding batons and shields labeled S.W.A.T poured into the room.

“Make me!” Youngbae challenged and aimed the gun away from us, and at Bom. Wasting no time he pulled the trigger and my heart dropped into my stomach. Ani, ani, ani this is not happening! I watched it all in slow motion. How Bom stared at the incoming bullet, how Big Seunghyun saw she wouldn’t move and stepped in front of her, he tightly held Noona and whispered something into her ear. Another bullet was fired, its origin coming from the SWAT Team and at the same moment two projectiles found their marks. One was lodged into Youngbae’s head, sending him toppling over with blood and questionable chunks of brain spilling out of the wound. The other went into Seunghyun’s back and the agent collapsed as Bom screamed.

I never liked hospitals. I’ve never been in one, but I didn’t like them. Now that my first time in a hospital is because of a good friend of mine had been shot in the back and was fighting for his life I hated them even more. Youngbae was pronounced dead at the scene while his all his other friends either shot themselves or shot each other. It was so bloody I passed out which landed me in the hospital. When I woke up two hours had ticked by and there was no progress on Big Seunghyun’s condition. I was allowed to leave my bed and I went into Seunghyun’s room. I gulped. He was hooked up to a few machines and an IV drip as well as having an oxygen mask over his mouth with air slightly whispering in the silent room. He was shirtless since I could see his pale shoulders from under the blanket; I didn’t want to know if they undressed him further. According to Dara Bom hasn’t left his side, she wouldn’t budge or talk to anyone. It was really bothering everyone. She was staring blankly at his face, his jacket was draped over her shoulders and I walked over to her. She looked so dead. “Noona,” I whispered and gently rubbed her back. I didn’t know what to say, I was also taking it hard, but she had been in a relationship with this guy. It hadn’t been more than two weeks, but they were close. They didn’t meet up in person a lot, but they talked, texted, and e-mailed until one or both would pass out in front of their devices.

“Do you know what he whispered to me?” she mumbled without looking my way and I placed my hand on her shoulder. “’I know it hasn’t been long, but I’m in love with you.’ That’s what he said,” I heard her voice becoming muffled with tears and gasps as she cried and I wrapped my arms around her comfortingly. Mianhae Noona. “Oh Ji, why did he have to say that? Didn’t he know it would feel good for about two seconds before it would crush me? Why didn’t he think?!” Bom cried and that was when the other four came in. I let Dara, Minji, and Chaerin comfort Bom since crying girls wasn’t my forte and I sat down in a chair with Little Seunghyun. I really hate hospitals. My heart ached as I listened to Bom crying, because even if she wouldn’t say it, I know their feelings were mutual. I know only one person who can relate to her loneliness, her pain but he’s in another dimension waiting for my return with the cure for slow molecules. I had been somewhat preparing for Bom’s death, but Big Seunghyun’s actions made me feel like he ripped through time and stepped in. It didn’t feel real.

“Gwenchana Hyung?” Seunghyun patted my back. I hadn’t realized I let a tear fall, it’s cold path and the younger’s voice shook me from my thoughts.

“Uh, n-ne gwenchana. Just…getting lost in my thoughts,” I responded and wiped my eyes. Don’t cry in a time like this! Be strong! “Youngbae’s dead…” I was hoping he’d be able to suffer.

“Ne, they’re still inspecting the body, but they found this in his prison uniform,” I was handed a folded piece of paper with my name scribbled over the top. I remembered the convict had been writing on this at the scene. Why would he write something to me? All I ever did was fight him at a bar and I doubt that’s a happy memory!

“I’m gonna look at this for a moment,” I told him and he nodded, I walked outside of the depressing room and slowly unfolded the piece of paper. His hands must’ve been shaking; the writing was hastily written and almost completely illegible. It took me a minute to read, I was hoping it was a confession or something to make the trials easier, but the contents left me with more questions.

 

Be careful. They’ll mess with your head. Look where it got me. -TYB