Leaked

Bastard in the Mirror

Thank you my newest subscribers: jenny_gdcl, danchu, and pitchgoddess!

 

____

 

After half an hour and no word from Minji I relaxed onto Bom’s couch. They should be okay for now; hopefully I don’t get a call from them. Bom and Chaerin said I should stay with them just in case Minji came back or something stupid like that so I just decided to sleep on the couch. I seem tired all the time nowadays, it might be because of Bottom’s Up which is still stressing me out, but I’m still not sure. I pulled a blanket on top of my body and fluffed up my pillow for comfort. “Don’t get too comfortable, she could call any minute,” Bom reminded me with that motherly tone of hers, I shrugged.

“She’ll be fine, I got this,” I insisted and closed my eyes, preparing to snooze off.

“You better,” Bom muttered and I smirked.

“Stop doubting me, you and Chaerin are too much alike.”

“Ya! Don’t drag me into this!” I smiled slightly. I guess she was just as fun to tease. I’m too tired to go to Bottom’s Up right now, but then again I would have to see if Seungri and E-Minji are reacting differently. Eh, I’ll do it later.

I felt like I barely had enough sleep when I was shaken up. I groaned. “What the Hell are you doing?” I mumbled in frustration.

“Oppa! It’s been four hours neither Minji nor Seunghyun showed up!” Chaerin shouted with alarm and I opened my eyes. Four hours? Damn I’ve been asleep for a long time. I checked my phone, I had no missed calls and I shoved it back into my pocket.

“I’ll go check on them,” I sighed and stretched my arms but Chaerin pulled me up off the couch. Obviously she was worried; she was on the verge of bawling. I realized worrying her wasn’t the best thing I should be doing right now; I softened my look.

“Oppa!”

“I’m sorry, alright I’ll go check on them see if they’re okay,” I sighed and slipped on my shoes. Wonder what’s taking them so long, they better not be doing anything nasty! I hurriedly walked to the café I dropped Minji off at, they weren’t there. I looked inside and in the men’s bathroom, I couldn’t find them. My palms felt moist as I left the café, I didn’t know where Seunghyun’s dorm was so I wandered on his college campus feeling lost. Where else would college aged kids go? Think Jiyong! I can’t relate to when I was their age, it’s obvious they’re more mature than I was at that time. I pounded on my head and for some reason I found myself walking home. What the Hell feet? I entered my apartment and went towards my bedroom; I faced my mirror and noticed Ji sleeping on the couch like I was about 20 minutes ago. “Uh, Ji?” he opened up his eyes and frowned.

“Ne?”

“I have a problem—.” There suddenly came a loud bang, almost like the sound of a gunshot, which caused Ji to jump up in surprise. I heard huffing and puffing when Taeyang skidded into view. Oddly enough he was dressed in a leather jacket and baggy jeans; he looked like the criminal side of the law instead of an officer. His eyes widened at both Ji and I, his face was covered in sweat and even from across worlds I could see that his white tee was sticking to his chest.

“Problem, big problem, jail, came here, follow me, please,” he took deep breaths and held out his hand to me so I could travel through the mirror.

He forced us to keep pace with him, which meant to run like you’ve never ran before. I was huffing and puffing, the run made our trip to the jail in half the time but ironically felt like double the effort. I barely had the proper amount of air in my head to think. What’s happening? Why am I dizzy? God dammit I need to work out more. The three of us stooped to our knees and heaved in thick breaths. My heart was shaking and my throat felt like it was being rubbed with sand paper; a thin layer of sweat was forming on my face so I used the back of my hand to wipe my forehead. I didn’t notice it at first but once the blood in my ears stopped pumping, I noticed how loud it was in the actual prison cells. I also saw that a bunch of police officers were armed and running up the tight flight of stairs. “D-Man! How’s, it going?” Taeyang gulped and a black haired Daesung walking to oppose the flow of cops. He was different from my Daesung; first off yeah his hair was ing black! I don’t even know if Daesung ever had black hair! His eyes weren’t brown but they seemed close, they sparkled a little bit like they were made of bronze. There were loads of stress behind his irises as well as pent up frustration along his strained smile. He’s dangerous; he could blow at any second.

“They’re all riled up, Tae. Those kids really stirred things up by heading to the top floor,” D-Man brushed off his hands and looked at me. “You must be Jiyong, would’ve came to say hi but you’re never in my shift,” he held out his hand which I shook. His grip was firm, usually Daesung is gentle.

“Yeah, I work—.”

“I know you work with Daesung, he has the mirror so we talk,” D-Man interrupted and I widened my eyes. Daesung has his mirror?! For how long?! Why is he still sane?! Sure ever since I found out about Bottom’s Up I didn’t tell him but I felt like he would’ve told me when he figured it out, at least so I didn’t sound crazy to talk about it with someone else.

“Ohh…”

“What’s happening?” Ji stepped in after gathering his breath. Daesung’s look alike and Taeyang glanced at each other before reacting to his question.

“Come on, it’s better explained if you see,” Taeyang and D-Man guided all of us through the sea of shouting cops and criminals. Ever since I first came here I realized that I can’t stand the sight of prisoners; the view of their lime green suits and baring teeth just sent haunting chills down my back. “They’re still up there right?”   

“Psh, won’t dare come down after the others started shouting,” D-Man scoffed and we continued to shove our way through. I’m not claustrophobic but in this atmosphere I think anyone could become scared of small places! I literally had to fight for space, I was often slammed against the concrete walls and had to check if I broke my nose at all. It was the oddest and one of the most infuriating experiences I’ve ever been in. We got closer to the top and I could hear the nervous and frightened voice of E-Minji. Wait, E-Minji doesn’t get scared…as my suspicions were confirmed I saw the two sitting in the middle of the jail with eight glistening eyes now watching their every move.

“Minji! Seunghyun!” the young pair looked up at me and widened their eyes.

I must’ve looked pretty damn scary because even the two doubles flinched. What the are they doing here?! I should’ve remembered Seunghyun had his own mirror, but I didn’t think that he’d have the guts to actually use it considering what Seungri told me. Their relationship didn’t seem healthy enough for a visit. Minji looked as pale as a ghost, either they haven’t been here too long for it to settle in or she just gets scared for a long time. The both of them seemed equally shocked to see me with Ji, I guess no one had mentioned the fact I’ve known for a few days now. I didn’t realize I was clenching my fists until I snapped back into the oddly quiet reality; I took my nails from my palm. “What are you guys doing?” I hissed and Seunghyun’s lip quivered as if it refused him to utter any words.

“J-Jiyong Oppa…” Minji stared at me like I was a dream, like I shouldn’t be here which was true but she shouldn’t be here either!

“Look at the scene you guys are causing! Being doubles of two of the top criminals you’re as innocent as they get!” I scolded and lifted both of them onto their feet. I looked at Seungri. “What did you do?”

“Nothing! We just talked…yelling may have occurred…” Seungri mumbled and D-man sighed while adjusting his belt.

“Yelling is an understatement,” E-Minji scoffed and Seungri shushed her.

“Come on! I had it in the bag!” he groaned and I rolled my eyes.

“Shut it Panda,” TOP grumbled from his slouching figure, he crossed his arms over his chest and breathed slightly.

“TOP,” the man opened his right eye. “If I let you out, will you quiet the place?” D-Man gulped and I stared at him, Taeyang and Ji kept their faces low as if it happened before. TOP smirked and jumped up, nodding excitedly.

“Ne! You know I never run off!” he hopped slightly but Minji and Seunghyun were flipping out and backing up.

“Who in their right mind lets dangerous criminals from their cells?!” Seunghyun burst and D-Man looked over to him with a bland look in his eyes.

“Our prisoners aren’t like yours; they take responsibility for their actions and won’t run away from the jailhouse. Those who do are dead in seconds,” the officer said loudly and clearly for TOP to hear but he only continued to stare at the key lock. I hadn’t noticed that Bottom’s Up uses the old key system. I made Seunghyun and Minji stand behind me since they were so afraid of him and both policemen had to yank the door from its rusting holds. I’ve never seen a man grin so much before; it sent shivers down my back. The tall man stepped out from his bars and sighed deeply.

“Why can’t I get let out?” Seungri complained.

“You’ll only make more noise!” E-Minji insisted and Taeyang pointed at her with a mocking grin.

“She’s right!” TOP and D-Man went down the stairs and I turned to Minji and Seunghyun.

“You guys are going back out of the mirror; Bom and Chaerin are worried sick about you Minji!” suddenly everything went quiet and the only noise was the pounding of feet coming back up. TOP stared open mouthed at me.

“Did you just say, ‘Bom’?” he gulped. Dammit, I haven’t met Bom yet. Slowly I nodded and widened my eyes at the sudden scene.