Goodbye or Hello?

Bastard in the Mirror

Thank you for waiting, especially my new subscribers: momochanlover\Let me guess, Mermaid Melody??/Thanmai, Infiknight4ever, Lubnaa, and mekachiri!

 

____

 

Taeyang went on break and the three of us went out for coffee. Again we must’ve passed by another 20 minutes and the air was still the same color; I eventually decided it must’ve stood that way. We just had to leave that place, that prison, it was boggling my mind! Dara’s such a freaky criminal, and what Ji told me was scaring me. How would my future be? Would Dara actually hurt someone? I needed more background information from the both of them. At first the officer was quiet, toying with his cup and Ji was only sipping his drink. The air was quite tense and everyone was still recovering from seeing Dara. She looked exactly like the Dara on Earth, but her personality was so ominous and mischievous it affected me on a whole new level of fear. I cleared my throat. “Can you guys please explain?” I mumbled hoarsely and they sat up straighter. Taeyang blew air through his mouth and Ji released his straw, his lips of the excess coffee.

“Dara was never really, right in the head,” Ji admitted softly, gesturing to his skull. “But she was pretty, fun to talk to, and yeah…we started dating like a few years ago,” he shrugged slightly and shifted his chair in my direction then leaned back.

“I knew Dara for a while, before I became a cop and I don’t even remember my life before I was a cop!” Taeyang smiled slightly, remembering cheerful things instead of what was happening at the moment. They’re trying really hard to ignore her…Seungri was right, I probably shouldn’t have asked to see her.

“She never really forgot Taeyang when she dated me; I guess they were just really close,” Ji looked down in his lap. I wonder if he still felt anything for her, even if he nearly killed her and did all of this ty stuff. Would I still feel the same way for Dara if she did all of these crimes? I don’t know, it’s already freaking me out. I never really thought about the consequences, I sort of dove straight into our relationship. “Anyway, it was almost a year ago when she kind of snapped. She thought I was cheating on her and she went berserk with my gun and knife in each hand since I kept both in the apartment. She disappeared for a day and then the next was arrested with multiple charges of murder, and apparently took advantage of Taeyang in the process,” Taeyang bit his lips uncomfortably as Ji mentioned the event. You usually hear about women getting , taking advantage of a man is almost uncharted territory let alone have it be a cop. “For about a week I was depressed, I couldn’t find the light. I depended so much on our relationship I didn’t prepare myself for letting her go,” he breathed deeply and then suddenly smiled brightly. “And then I met Chae, HunChae,” he chuckled dreamily, as if he was already in bliss from thinking of her.

“They’re really into each other, I wonder when you’re gonna meet her on Earth,” Taeyang scratched his chin and suddenly they left the topic of Dara. “You haven’t met me either!” he realized and Ji smirked.

“You’re just not cool enough, Tae,” he chuckled and the cop slapped his arm, smiling and showing off his dimples.

“I don’t want to meet you guys,” I said and they looked at me. Ji looked concerned, Taeyang just looked pissed off. “I love Dara, I don’t even know who Chae is!” I insisted.

“That doesn’t mean it’ll stop what’s meant to be,” Ji told me and the both of them shifted in my direction, acting all serious and dark other than their both cheerful appearances.

“My other being is most likely going to be introduced to you soon, maybe even Chae, but that doesn’t mean you can shove them away just because you’ve met us,” Taeyang told me strictly.

“I don’t want my life to change! I don’t want to think that my girlfriend can one day attack me! I don’t want to be in love with another girl, it’s Dara! She’s the one!” I said to them. I know she is, it can’t be Chae, I’ve been thinking about Dara for way too long to not live the rest of my life with her.

“You say that now, what about in a year? If she’s really not the one, it’ll get boring after a while,” Taeyang informed me. I just felt like I was being attacked by the both of them; as if I should break up with Dara without even half a year of dating. Maybe it was because they were questioning me, I don’t like being questioned I’m a very straight forward person. I found myself squeezing the arms of my metal chair; I was just so upset with the both of them. My face was frustratingly red and itchy under the collar, I couldn’t help myself.

“Aren’t your feelings for Dara getting boring?” I spat and his face suddenly dropped. Ji’s jaw fell and his eyes glanced to Taeyang who was frowning incredibly angrily like. The man with the Mohawk slowly stood and reached behind his back, in a split second a gun appeared and I couldn’t swallow the air in my throat. He could look like the friendliest person in the world, yet, now with that pistol in his hand I was petrified.

“You gonna take that back, boy?” he questioned and his jaw tightened as if a screw was being spun into his bone. His voice was different too, it was stone hard and got stuck in your head like the sound of a large rock crashing into the earth. I slowly stood up, Ji also got to his feet.

“We’re both irrational, think about this Taeyang,” Ji ordered calmly, holding out his hand but Taeyang slapped him away.

“I don’t ing have feelings for Dara anymore you ! You better take that back because I’m not afraid to use this thing!” the veins in his neck and forehead were popping; you could see how crystal blue they were from a distance. Without even hearing a word in my defense he prepared the weapon and fired in my direction.

 

 

 

It whizzed right past my ear, slicing off a few strands of blonde hair and killing my left eardrum. The cop seemed to relax, almost being overcome with his marksmanship and nearly forgot his anger. Taeyang knew he wouldn’t hit me; it was a warning. He shoved his gun into his belt and took his coffee cup. “Get him home Ji, we’ll see him tomorrow,” Taeyang grumbled and stomped off before either of us could respond to his order. 

“Um, let’s go then Jiyong,” Ji told me and we grabbed our coffees, heading back to his apartment. “So, to avoid awkward silence, what did you think of your first day of Bottom’s Up?” he asked, opening his hand to gesture to the town. I still have like a load of questions left…

“It was interesting, dangerous, creepy, and nerve-racking all at once. It made my stomach hurt several times,” I added and he laughed for a moment.

“I bet I would feel the same if I visited Earth, but I’m not allowed,” he sighed deeply and I frowned.

“Why not?” I wondered.

“The mirror only works for one side, meaning I can’t cross but you can,” he mumbled, staring at the clouds as we walked. He seems pretty upset; maybe I could try to work something out! Since he did this for me, I should do something for him! We entered his green apartment and the mirror was right next to his own fireplace, I looked through the mirror and saw myself but it didn’t work the way it felt with Ji and I.

“I’ll see you later then, Ji,” he held out his fist which I bumped in order to avoid the awkwardness and I jumped through. The disturbing feeling of running through gel acted upon me for a moment, and then all I saw was darkness.

I thrashed in bed, feeling cold sweat on my back and my heart racing inside of my chest. Was it all a dream? Did I really not experience anything? I looked around; the cloth on my mirror was back up like I had forgotten to remove it the other day. I looked at my clock, 8 in the morning on my day off. I threw my blankets off and looked down at myself. I was in my pajamas, I don’t even remember jumping into bed let alone changing! It was a dream…what the heck? All of that stuff was fake, Bottoms Up, Ji, Dara, Chae, Taeyang, everything was an image of my imagination. Immediately I yanked off the cover to my mirror, I saw myself and I sat down for a few long moments. Nothing happened to my reflection, it did whatever I did like any other normal mirror. I scratched my head as I stood to go to the bathroom, confusion still draped over me like a cloud. Man, that was one crazy dream...at least I can forget how insane Dara was in that made up world.

I remembered to meet my girlfriend today so after washing up and getting dressed I headed out. My mind was still stuck on my dream, I couldn’t wrap around that it existed and now I can’t believe it wasn’t real. It felt so vivid, it was so lifelike and it actually made sense to me! The whole concept of Bottoms Up was only my imagination? I’m not that creative! If it was a dream, everything wasn’t real and I don’t have to worry about anything like that happening to me…although the world around me seemed strange since I had experienced Bottoms Up. The clouds were in a blue sky and the sidewalk was solid concrete, making me feel a bit weird to be on tough ground again. My ears were a bit sensitive to the road noises such as cars zooming by or the raging car honks of pissed off drivers. I wanted to crawl back through that mirror and relax in the serenity, it was blissful. I’m starting to wish that place was real…

Dara lives with her friend Park Bom in a house in Seoul; she didn’t really want to leave her alone so it was fine with me. I knocked on the smooth maple doors, almost the next second the door flew open to reveal a smiling angel known as my girlfriend. My heart was glad to see her but disappointment was still finding its way in, I smiled the best I could but being friends longer than being partners she knew something wasn’t right. “Are you okay?” she tugged at my sleeve and guided me to sit down on the dark brown leather couch. I sighed and swept my hands through my hair.

“Ani, I had this crazy dream!” I sighed and closed my eyes, just as I heard a loud bloodcurdling scream that made me jump in my seat.

“YA! Minji get your back here!” Bom shouted angrily upstairs along with another girl’s screaming and some more stomping that rattled the whole house. I frowned and turned to Dara.

“Aniya!”

“What’s going on here?” I wondered.

“Bom’s cousins are coming to stay with us for a while, Minji and Chaerin,” Chaerin… there’s actually a Chae?!