Where They Stand

Bastard in the Mirror

Here's an update of the story! Thank you to the 11 new subscribers I have: heartbreakergirl,

NaddyshipsSD, LIRPAevolDARAGON, jeszie95, UlidVIP, eunji123, piratess, B2stlovesb2uties, poisjo, itsovergoodbye, & sweet_forever1001! I didn't think this story would get so popular :P

 

____

 

I scratched my head and looked up at the ceiling as Dara went to go check on the other three. So, it wasn’t a dream? Or was it a dream and this is only a coincidence? Maybe Ji was messing with me; it seems to be in his nature to do that to me. I froze in my seat as I heard rumbling footsteps coming down the stairs. To be honest I wasn’t scared of Chaerin but I sure as Hell didn’t want to meet her in my life. I don’t think Ji or Taeyang will be right and that I’ll fall in love with her, but I guess I’m second guessing myself too. Now, who the Hell is Minji? I never heard of her in either world until now, Bom might’ve mentioned her but I couldn’t remember. Yes, Bom’s red hair and baby face were a familiar sight. Chaerin without the black stripes in her hair chilled me to the bone but I greeted her anyways. When the last unfamiliar face stepped forward my mind went back to that image of the prison. There were only three people on that top floor; Seungri was one, out of those three only one was a girl. I saw her sleeping out of the corners of my eyes. Yes, that purple raven hair is familiar. I had unofficially met Minji in Bottom’s up; she was one of the few major criminals on the top floor.

I excused myself to the bathroom and washed my face. I was steaming hot and red as fire (the bright lights didn’t help); I just couldn’t handle it so quickly. When I looked up at the mirror I half expected a scolding from someone in there but I would get that at home. “Calm down, just calm down.” But I couldn’t calm myself. It was just blasting in my brain, the fact that these people are somehow going to be a part of my life. The fact that I’ve met their opposite and now I could somehow piece together their personality freaked me out, I felt like a creep! Shaking my head and drying my face I forced myself to pull together and finally I was able to leave the bathroom. As I mentally tied my nerves down and shoved them in a corner, I finally began to get talking to Minji and Chaerin. Turns out Chaerin’s only 22, a year younger than me, Dara and Bom while Minji’s 19.

“Since Minji’s done with school we decided to come to visit Bom Unnie for a couple months.” Great, two months with that anxiety balled up in my stomach. Just then Chaerin’s phone rang and after glancing at the caller she smiled widely.

“Who is it?” Dara asked as we held hands.

“My boyfriend, Youngbae,” Chaerin grinned and I raised an eyebrow. She’s also in a different relationship? The blonde handed over her phone with her and her boyfriend as a background photo; my eyes widened. It’s Taeyang?! The man, who I had seen wearing a police uniform, didn’t have any blonde highlights and his eyes were a warm dark brown instead of liquid gold. It seemed odd to be seeing that kind of image from him.

“He’s cute,” Dara grinned and I shot a look at her. If I hadn’t experienced my alternate mirror world I would’ve taken it as a joke and probably say something like ‘yeah he is cute’ but no, it wasn’t funny right now. Dara rolled her eyes at me and squeezed my hand comfortingly. “I’m kidding! Jeez that dream scared you straight.”

“I just love you,” I insisted and handed the phone back to Chaerin. Man, my world isn’t living up to the expectations of Ji’s.

I had to clear my head and settle my jumbling nerves so I went to a nearby bar after visiting their house. I usually drink in the safety of my own home but I was in desperate need of alcohol so I just walked into this random bar. Immediately I knew what I wanted to drink tonight. “Mind Eraser, please,” I ordered and heard the bartender laugh with his back faced towards me. Now you see why I drink at home.

“Oh damn, love making that one,” his cheeks balled up from my view, a hint that he was smiling widely.

“Try drinking it,” I suggested and he flipped his jet black hair to the right while making my drink.

“It’s a hard one, man. You like the soda?” he asked me, his hand wavering over the soda water, lemonade, and tonic.

“Nah, I really like it with 7-Up,” I answered and he skillfully poured the fizzy soda over my Vodka and Kahlua; he then carefully placed a black straw in my glass and turned to me. My eyebrows furrowed, again I remembered the prison cells. His hair was plain black now (in prison he had half black half silver), his dark skin and visible dimples were quite the impression. Not to mention his eyes were pretty much one-of-a-kind, I’ve never seen the kind of shape his eyes give. Once more, I met a prisoner from the top floor. I held out my hand to him. “Jiyong.”

“Seunghyun,” he shook it and I in all of the potent drink. It hit me hard, like always, and the 7-Up provided that carbonated feel that did me no better. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head. “Nice, I need more friends like you,” he laughed and I smirked. My mind was more at ease, it felt much better now.

“Well I don’t drink much,” I added.

“Yeah, neither do I but when I do I drink hardcore ,” he grinned and I smirked. “How ‘bout you come here more often? I don’t have much time besides work and crap.”

“Uh, sure, I should head home by now. I got work tomorrow but I’ll stop by for a few,” I told him and hopped off the counter as he swept away my cup and straw.

“Alright, see you later Jiyong,” he waved and I waved back as I left the bar. With my head clearing up and my senses dulling slightly I looked around, trying to remember how I got here. Is home to my right or left? Wait, why am I standing at a college campus? What the ? I was lost, I needed directions. I noticed that my head was hurting more and I doubled over to groan into the sidewalk. Damn that Mind Eraser, this is why I drink at home! No more tough when you go out from now on!

“S-Sunbae are you okay?” that voice sounded oddly familiar although with the ringing of my ears it was hard to tell. I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and I glanced up which took a toll on my burning eyes. “Oh, Hyung.”

“Kid, man my head hurts like a ,” I hissed and wobbled onto my side. My head slammed into the concrete sidewalk which caused a blur of blue and red before my mind went blank.

My eyes opened, it was still dark out according to my window. My face and neck felt sticky, there had been water splashed on me. The smell of coffee opened up my senses and I sat up wondering who was making coffee in my home. Stumbling from my couch I slowly made my way into the kitchen where a young man wearing boxy black rimmed glasses with jeans and a dark blue cardigan read a college textbook. His hair was black and fit his head perfectly, this face didn’t take long to recognize. “Seungri?” I mumbled and he looked up, the eye bags were distinguished even on this one’s face.

“A-ani, my name is Seunghyun…” he mumbled back. Great, now I’ve got 2 Seunghyuns to look after.

“Oh, sorry you look like someone familiar,” I lied and sat next to him. “What happened?”

“You were drunk in the streets, I saw you walking around in front of my college so by looking at your ID I brought you home. I-I was gonna leave soon, though,” he ended with a nervous stutter. His double is a college student? Wow that’s different…

“You can stay if you want, I live alone but I need to do something in my room,” I pointed in the direction and trudged to my bedroom to see a smirking Ji who sat on his couch.

“Sorry about earlier, I couldn’t help it,” he grinned. That douche, playing with my confused mind…

“Yeah, yeah, thanks to you I met Chaerin, Minji, Youngbae, and 2 Seunghyuns!” I groaned and slapped my face.

“Two?” Ji asked with a hint of worry and curiosity in his voice. I nodded and looked up at him.

“Ne, one of them was a random prisoner from the top floor and the other’s was Seungri’s,” I responded and Ji furrowed his eyebrows. When he furrows his eyebrows I noticed he gets an uncomfortable feeling kind of like me; I stood up with him just because the ambiance suddenly started to freak me out. Ji walked closely to the mirror which made me feel hot under the collar for some odd reason. His face was stiff unlike just a moment ago; his frown line looked permanent.

“Seungri killed his double, remember?”