Earth Talk

Bastard in the Mirror

“Are you crazy?!” I shouted and stood up to walk off my frustration. Take over Earth, please! Daesung isn’t usually so insane! Nor does he jump to conclusions! 

“Think about it! Hasn’t Ji asked you, or even subtly hinted, on how much he wanted to come to Earth?” I thought back to like the first day I met him, he told me the mirror was one sided.

“Ne, but that doesn’t mean he wants to take over our world!” I insisted, feeling my face flare up with intense heat. There’s no way they would think about taking over Earth! That’s insane bull!

“Oh come on! Go over there and ask them about coming to Earth! Look at how much they really want it, no, they need it!” Daesung corrected himself and I groaned while slapping my forehead. “We’re their ride into this world and they’re trying to get us to create some sort of passage so they can come over safely.” Daesung’s face was almost as red as a stop sign, even without him yelling. I took a deep breath, deciding to go with a good friend’s suggestion.

“Alright, I’ll go over there and see for myself. I’ll be back later,” I told him and he held up his hands.

“Don’t blame me for what you’re gonna hear,” he added and I rolled my eyes as I hurriedly ran out of the studio, ready to prove him wrong.

I wasted no time in jumping through my mirror, the trips through the glass got easier quite quickly. I was nervously looking through Ji’s apartment until I finally found him sleeping in bed. “Ji! I’ve got a question!” I shouted and he thrashed around surprisingly. He looked up at me with tired eyes and groaned, shoving away his blankets and swinging his feet onto the floor.

“What is it Jiyong? I was taking a nap!” Ji moaned and wiped his eyes. “This better be good,” he mumbled.

“I have to talk to all of you! How many of your friends are free?” I asked him quickly and he shrugged.

“D-Man’s out of the question, he’s on a vacation.” Good, D-Man would know what my questions would lead to if he was here. “Everyone else should be good if you wanted to go to the jailhouse again,” he shrugged and I nodded.

“I need to talk to everybody,” I reminded him and Ji began changing into a t-shirt and slightly worn jeans.

“What for?”

“Well, I wanted to discuss something you told me earlier,” I said which was pretty much true.

“Goddammit, I hate being serious…”

Seungri, E-Minji, TOP, and Taeyang were already at the jailhouse so Ji stopped by Parallel Needs to get Chae. Passing by the beautiful fountain Ji and I wordlessly entered the store, immediately heading for the cash register. I haven’t seen her in a long while but I didn’t necessarily miss her; I’ve been hanging with her double. I should mention the “just staying friends” thing to them while we’re there…maybe after the Earth talk. “Chae! Come on just take your break! Can’t some other guy take your shift?” Ji asked her, pulling her arm while she rolled her eyes at him. Goddammit they do that here too?!

“Fine, hold on!” she lightly pushed him back and we waited anxiously for her to follow us to the jailhouse. “You know I don’t like going to the top floor,” Chae muttered into Ji’s arm, making me feel like a bit of a third wheel. Who likes to go to the top floor? Especially people who have partners scarred by a certain prisoner…We were close to the prison; I could feel the danger send goose bumps up my arm. Still, I’ve been in it almost a dozen times and I can’t ever get used to it.

“Who does? But we’ve got stuff to talk about,” Ji told her and we finally arrived at the jail house. The three of us walked through the police officers’ cubicles until we spotted the blonde highlighting of Taeyang. “Taeyang!” Ji shouted and he looked up, his golden eyes dulling with confusion.

“Ne?” he stood up and sighed. “Let me guess, the top floor,” I nodded and he groaned. “I haven’t been up there this many times in four days before,” he mumbled.

“I need to talk to all of you,” I said and he nodded in understanding. The walk seemed longer this time, I was thinking about a lot of stuff. Too many things were on my mind from possible world domination to hearing Dara in that tight cell. I couldn’t really think until we finally reached the top floor, my question was determined at that point.

“Hey Hyungs! Noona!” Seungri shouted and the rest of us smirked at his childish manner. In Bottom’s Up Seungri was quite lively, I guess it was his cheerful and somewhat annoying side showing.

“Calm yourself, Ri,” E-Minji reminded him and he frowned at her.

“Ya, be quiet you two,” TOP growled, he seemed to be in a sour mood still. His eyebrows refused to straighten out and his jaw was tight; was he upset about me mentioning Jenny the other day?

“Ooh, TOP’s angry!”

“YA! Do you want me to beat the panda eyes right off of you?!”

“Do you guys really want to visit Earth?”

The others stopped talking and looked at me as I sat down and leaned against an empty cell. Their immediate silence freaked me out, was it appropriate to ask that question? I did want to know if Daesung would be right about their attitude about Earth. What if they were darker than I imagine? They are opposites, there are some really good but some really bad as well. Ani, they won’t actually want to destroy us… “Everyone wants to go to Earth,” I stiffened at Taeyang’s answer but I relaxed so I wouldn’t be too suspicious.

“Is Earth a big topic over here?” I wondered.

“Ne, no one from this side has ever gone there so it’s kind of a mystery to us,” Ji sat down next to me. They’re calm about it; no one will take over your planet calm the down.

“Why?” these questions just kept popping up in my head, I couldn’t stop them coming out of my mouth.

“It’s cool, I mean everyone is curious so everyone wants to go,” Chae shrugged and I looked up. Hopefully I didn’t look too worried; they would figure out that I doubted them.

“Some doubles have tried, but none really have gotten it,” E-Minji mumbled. I wonder how many attempts there have been. How many people have actually tried to accomplish such a task? Was it that hard? How would they even begin trying?

“How do you do it?” I found myself asking and they paused. Why did I ask that?! Was it possible I actually wanted to get them across the mirror? I don’t know, I guess since so many other people have done it; I want to be the person that actually succeeds. But their intentions are still vague for me. They might be playing it cool but then again they might just want to go over there! Agh! God Jiyong make up your ing mind!

“You have to do some tampering with the mirror,” I looked up at Dara who poked her head through the bars. No one looked at her directly except me, everyone kind of forgot about her until she spoke up. “Some have greased it, others used ropes, etc. None of the methods worked,” Dara sighed and I looked down at the concrete floor.

“I don’t know why, we just can never get our bodies through. Arms and stuff will go through but nothing else will,” T.O.P mumbled softly, he was on his knees and poking his head through the black bars. Everyone looked so down at the topic; I think they just want to take a look. Curiosity kills people on the inside, theirs was eating them alive. Sounds like you’re gonna have to avoid Daesung for quite a bit Jiyong…

“We think it has something medical to do with it but none of us are close with doctors,” Ji muttered, glancing at me hopefully. Wonder what Seunghyun studies in school…goddammit why does this kid always end up being my solution for everything?!

“I might know someone..."