Threw It Away

Bastard in the Mirror

Welcome to my new subscriber: PandaEMCEE! Thanks you for subscribing I hope you guys like this chapter, although I feel it's rather short :P

 

____

 

TOP dropped to his stomach and cried. Yes, he just bawled all over that floor. We all stopped to stare at him, was I the only one with my mouth open? Sure I didn’t know him for that long but wasn’t it just odd to watch any criminal crying? D-Man knelt down and hushed him; TOP crawled into his cell and slammed the door. Woah he just shut his own door…and he’s crying his eyes out. He wrapped his knees with his arms and cradled himself back and forth, he was no longer whining but I could see tears rolling down his cheeks. “Seunghyun, Minji go home I’ll deal with you two later,” I grumbled and the pair nodded before running down the steps. “TOP, you okay?”

“Ani,” he truthfully whimpered and I looked up at Ji confusingly.

“What’s happening?” I mouthed and he gestured for me to come back up to my feet.

“We’re gonna head out, it’s been quite a scene and it’s not even dinner yet,” Ji smirked, or at least attempted to, and had me follow him down the stairs. “I’ll tell you along the way, shouldn’t be that long of a walk,” Ji told me and we exited the building.

“TOP just fell on the ground! Crying at that! What’s wrong with Bom? Don’t tell me she’s mentally insane too!” I shouted and Ji shook his head.

“Ani, she’s not insane she’s just…distant nowadays,” Ji sighed and I froze. Bom’s double isn’t friends with them? Where is she now? Why isn’t she here with us? Is she okay?

“What about her physical condition?” Ji didn’t respond.

The walk seemed to drag on forever or maybe it was just my chest being dragged by my legs. When Ji didn’t react to whether Bom’s physical condition was okay or not I was kind of freaking out on the inside. The farther he led me, the ambiance seemed to get darker and the clouds were getting thicker. We were walking far from the city and into untouched land; there were no buildings and very few people who were walking in the opposite direction. Everyone nearby was grim and seeming very depressed, it gave me an uncomfortable feeling to where we were headed. “Ji you promised she wasn’t insane.”

“I know, the asylum isn’t even in this direction,” Ji added.

“Then why are people so weird around here?” I wondered and felt my stomach clenching when a man and woman emerged crying into each other’s arms. Where am I going?

“Because this place is even harder to bear than an asylum,” Ji mumbled and I groaned loudly. Where the is he taking me?!

“Um, that’s not good is it?” he shook his head and I sighed deeply. We didn’t take a long time until the first one nearly tripped me. I yelled and jumped back until I realized it was only a tombstone. It hit me right there right then. We were walking through a cemetery. Suddenly more tombstones began to sprout out of the ground as if it were magic. Seemingly random names were scribbled into them, each stone the same rounded shape like inside a basketball court, all of them the same light grey color, and the rows seemed to be exactly even. It was a lot unlike regular cemeteries. None of them had any visual specialty as if everyone who died ended up the same status as each other. I accidentally bumped into Ji without realizing he stopped in front of a grave. He blankly stared at it, I looked down:

Jenny Bom Park

March 24, 1988—June 19, 2012

“Innocence is a flaw in a world of terror” ~J.B. Park

I dropped to my knees with my mouth on the ground. Bom’s dead. Of all things, Dara and Bom’s doubles frightened me the most. Ji’s old warning about things happening in his world and our world could become parallel echoed in my mind and this shiver went up my spine. Bom’s gone in this world; she could die in mine as well. The thought of losing Bom left a hole in my heart already. I would never think of Bom on an intimate level but Bom was like my sister, my noona. She took care of more than herself; right now she was caring for three younger women other than her. Bottom’s Up Bom was only 25 when she died, that’s way too young for my Bom who’s only a year older. Suddenly her headstone seemed to stand out from the rest, just staring at it I tried to look at the differences. It was relatively newer than others so it wasn’t as dull, the words on her tombstone were fewer compared to others. These little things made it easy to point it out in a crowd. “TOP and Bom have been dating for years; she never knew he was involved with these armed robberies.” I looked back at Ji; he was still staring blankly at the ground. “They really loved each other; I think he’s still in love with her. One day, a sunny June 19, 2012, Bom was in the bank withdrawing some money when TOP and a bunch of others broke in and demanded the cash. He wasn’t clever with hiding his face, Bom recognized him when the others ordered everyone in the bank to get on the floor. She refused so someone shot her in the chest,” I widened my eyes but didn’t look up at him. She was murdered because she was in shock of seeing T.O.P as a criminal. He takes her death as his fault, he’s mournful even an almost year later.

“That’s B.S,” I growled and I didn’t have to turn to know Ji nodded slightly.

“TOP took blame for everyone’s crimes, he’s in there for life because of that,” Ji told me and I felt a pang of sympathy for him. Because of his guilt he decided to rot in jail with other peoples’ baggage in his file. That was stupidly brave of him; it caused my admiration of both TOP and Seunghyun to rise. “That’s why he broke down in jail, he misses her really badly.”  

“I would,” I admitted and he chuckled.

“Noona was good to everyone, especially TOP.” And he threw it all away.