Slowly but Surely

Bastard in the Mirror

I really love seeing new comments and subscribers! Thank you: ownit3578 & OMG_ME_GD for subscribing!

 

____

 

I left Bottom’s Up with a very angry feeling in my gut. I was mad with Minji and Seunghyun for coming here. I was mad at Daesung for not telling me about his mirror. I was also mad that TOP had Jenny killed even if it isn’t my business! I was just not in a good mood whatsoever, man I was gonna bring down a frigging storm on Minji and Seunghyun! Like usual, when I exited the mirror not much time passed. I could make it back to Dara’s place in time to talk to Minji. Making my trip as short as possible I opened up the unlocked door and saw Minji with Chaerin in mid argument with Seunghyun sitting down on the couch. “I got this Chaerin,” I told her and she nodded, gave one more look at Seunghyun, and then ran back up the stairs. I closed the door behind me and sighed with fire burning my neck. I waited until I heard another door shut and then I turned my attention to the two. “When did you go through the mirror?” I asked.

“An hour after you left,” Seunghyun responded and I sighed, rubbing my face tiredly.

“Minji you will tell no one about the alternate universe,” I reminded her and she nodded in immediate understanding. “Seunghyun, it’s obvious you’ve known Seungri longer than I’ve known Ji, it wasn’t smart of you to expose that world to her without E-Minji’s mirror.”

“Ne, I’m sorry but I thought that it would be best for Minji if she saw what was getting you off your game,” I froze. How did he know I was acting strangely?

“I told him about it,” Minji responded as if knowing my thoughts  and I sighed.

“Do you guys get it? It’s a mix of wrong relationships I don’t want that to affect how the both of you think in this world!” I said a bit louder than I wished but it didn’t seem anyone else heard.

“No kidding, there were so many weird things in that world. Prisoners wear green,” Minji sighed and I couldn’t help but smirk slightly. She knew how to turn a serious moment into a joke. “We’ll be okay, Jiyong Oppa. Sure we’ll compare everything but that doesn’t mean we’ll expect anything wrong out of people,” Minji stated calmly. I raised an eyebrow. About half an hour ago she was freaking out and now she was so calm about the idea…

“Alright, Seunghyun you can go home now,” I mumbled and he stood up, waving to Minji with a smile as she waved back. He walked out the door and I smiled. “So, setting my anger to the side I assume your date went well?” Minji punched my shoulder as she blushed red.

Dara texted me and Bom that YG was making her stay late/really early in the morning so I ended up deciding to crash at their place. My legs were too lazy to move on their own, like lead was taped to them. I jumped onto the couch and heard Bom scoffing, I smiled at her as she exited the kitchen. “Staying here?” she asked and I nodded.

“I’m too lazy to go back home, please let me stay Noona!” I begged and she rolled her eyes at me. It seemed like her habit, I remembered Jenny in Bottom’s Up and thought of Ji who didn’t have a Bom to roll her eyes at him. My heart sank a little but I didn’t spend too much time thinking about it. There was no way Bom was gonna die, let alone be murdered. I repeated this to myself many times.

“Alright, you can stay but don’t make too much noise the rest of us don’t stay up hella late,” she warned me and I nodded as she walked back up the stairs. I sighed deeply. If I didn’t have a Bom to tell me what to do or to yell at me my life would be pretty damn quiet. I’ve known Bom about as long as I’ve known Dara; their voices are almost a routine for me to hear. Imagine your mom’s voice calling you for dinner or your dad tell you to do your homework, it’s like that. I the TV and watched random shows as I tried to lull myself to sleep. My nerves were pretty high right now, I thought the most awkward shows could lift some of the stress. I listened to the dull noises of the television as I drifted off to sleep, I was so tired, my energy was wasted throughout the day. Closing my eyes, I felt close to sleep until I heard a creak in the floor. I was fully awake, the TV was still on and the light was shining on my face but the rest of the house was dark. A body ran towards me and fear clutched my heart but soon Chaerin emerged causing me to breathe easier.

“Chaerin what are you doing?” I hissed and sat up.

“I couldn’t sleep! I don’t have a TV in my room so I wanted to come down here and I got freaked out when I saw it was on,” she whispered and I rubbed my face tiredly. Sitting up, I patted the spot beside me and she plopped down; I handed her the remote. I didn’t mind watching whatever; it could be a stupid reality show for all I cared as long as it got me to sleep. Suddenly I heard a familiar sound of a whistle and sneakers squeaking on a basketball court; I opened my eyes and saw Chaerin watching college basketball.

“I didn’t know you liked sports,” I mumbled and she smiled.

“Youngbae got me into it, it’s actually pretty interesting,” she told me and I nodded.

“How is the guy? I haven’t met him yet,” I smirked at her reaction when I mentioned how I wanted to meet her boyfriend. I was curious, how would Youngbae compare with Taeyang? If Taeyang was a cop, how would Youngbae be effected by it?

“He’s okay, and I’m not sure about you meeting him yet,” she grinned and I scoffed.

“Oh please, I’m Dara’s boyfriend, I’m gonna have to meet him sometime,” I told her and she rolled her eyes at me. Damn eye-rolling must be a family occupation or something. It happens pretty frequently around here. As we talked I forgot about Bottom’s Up and intervening relationships, my mind went blank as if it was wiped clean. I enjoyed the feeling of not remembering why I was so angry or why I was so sad earlier, I just talked my way through it. I had no idea that Chaerin could make me smile almost as much as Dara does. For sure I didn’t know that we had more similar interests than I have with my girlfriend like basketball and she was also studying music; we were able to talk about things that I was interested in as well as her. Slowly but surely I could see a friendship brewing, maybe I will have a strong relationship with Chaerin but not the intimate kind…

Monday I was back to work, I had a lot of things to talk about Daesung with. Even if this was most likely the last day we would be working together as a collaboration I think we would be staying in that room for the rest of the day. Quickly finishing his CD I asked him to stay behind; he sat down on the couch. “Why didn’t you tell me you knew about Bottom’s Up?” I asked him straight forwardly and his face went pale. He shifted into a more comfortable position and puffed out his cheeks.

“How long have you known about it?” he wondered.

“Technically six months but I just started going into the mirror on Friday I think,” I tapped my chin; it was hard to say now. The days got molded together ever since I stepped foot into their mirror world.

“I’m sorry, but I wasn’t sure about anything,” he apologized and I shrugged. I guess I understood, I mean, I had a whole rampage about it last night.

“I just wanted to know why, and that’s it. How come I don’t see you in there though?” I questioned.

“I haven’t gone in there for a while now, I didn’t think it was right,” Daesung scratched his head and removed his jacket, a sign he planned on sitting in that spot for a while. “They were acting strange the longer I stayed.”

“Well, it’s kind of weird but I wrapped my head around it—.”

“No not like that,” Dae interrupted and I saw how stiff he looked. If the idea of an alternate universe wasn’t the thing worrying him, what was? I sat down in a chair closer to the couch and he leaned in slightly. “There’s something wrong, I can feel it,” he whispered. “I don’t think they’re on our side.”

“Who’s side could they be on, Dae?” I wrinkled my eyebrows at him.

“Theirs! D-Man’s always telling me he’s wanted to see Earth ever since he was a kid, every one of them do!” he insisted.

“Well duh! They’ve never seen it before!” I hissed, confusing myself why I was talking in a softer tone.

“I feel like it’s their obsession, they always ask human doubles to do something to get their halves to come to Earth. Earth isn’t that cool! Everyone’s economy is falling! Our air is polluted as Hell! The newest generation is all like ‘ that , #YOLO, #SWAG! Look, I’m pretty sure you’re caught up in the relationships of it all,” I blushed heavily. Goddammit he knew about everything going on in there. “But I’ve seen their actions and their ways much longer than you have. D-Man asks too many questions about the government of each country, yeah he’s a cop but does he have to know what kind of security systems we have and how we react to emergency situations?” slowly I began to get the picture Daesung was painting for me. I’ve known him long enough to see that alarmed look I his eyes and the slight bit of fear in his words. It was true, our security and preparedness wasn’t something for public speaking, but couldn't it just be out of insane curiosity from a police officer? Sure I wasn’t focused on the bigger image of Bottom’s Up but I could be now. I wasn’t quite sure of my hypothesis though, I had to make sure it was what he was trying to say.  

“Continue, I think I’m getting it,” I responded and waved my hand in a motion for him to keep talking. He took a deep breath.

“Jiyong, I think the people of Bottom’s Up want to take over Earth.”