And I know that you still care

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a wonderful day it was for an outdoor wedding: warm, but not terribly so. The early summer sun peeked out occasionally. A pleasant breeze from the north rustled in the surrounding shrubs, cooling the guests and family members as they took their seats on either side of the walk leading to the gazebo. Sweet strains of classical music drifted through the crowd.

 

The playground off to my right was empty, although a few children standing around the rows of chairs eyed it with a desire to play. Obviously, they would much rather be jumping and climbing, instead of being fussed over by their mothers and aunts, having their ties and hair bows adjusted. Balloons and streamers fluttered around the railing and banisters, a festive mixture of pink, light blue, and white.

 

To the left of me were rows of cars glittering in the sun. A luxurious car stood alone, decked out in ribbons and twisted coils of streamers, ready to whisk the groom and bride away. 'Just Married' was painted across the dark rear window. As I sat there, I thought to myself how perfect and lovely everything was. The smell of fresh cut flowers filled the air.

 

The music stopped, and all heads turned to face the far end of the walk. The opening to the bridal chorus started to play. Down the aisle she came. I could not believe how beautiful Yoona was. She wore a strapless wedding gown with embroidery on her bodice. Rhinestones and pearl beads were sewn on her gown. She also wore a two-tier veil, with a matching crystal head-piece. She held a French rose silk bouquet. Her dad held her left arm and smiled at her as they reached the bottom step. There, awaiting her was the pastor and her husband-to-be. Geun Suk was stunning. He wore a black, single-ed, satin tuxedo with a white-wing collar shirt.

 

I felt a certain tug in my heart as my daughter pulled the hem of my pink dress. She was giggling over th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter