Meeting the parents 1

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Shin Hye

 

                I don’t know where we are going but I have a hunch. Good thing I bought a dress at the mall awhile ago. A lady should have at least a black mini dress, one of the rules in fashion. After putting the dress on, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and realized that something is lacking. I opened the drawer and put out a small wooden box with a pair of pearl earrings that my father gave me on my tenth birthday. My father told me that I look like someone he knew a long time ago. I now know who that person is, the mother that I never had a chance to meet. I love these earrings because my dad also used to tell me that I look like Griet, the female lead character in one of the movies inspired by the painting of Johannes Vermeer. I am wondering if my real mother lived the life of this woman bearing a fictitious name. How I wish I know her name. Is she beautiful? I think she is. I still remember when mom and dad used to fight. I couldn’t understand what they were talking about but I know it’s about some woman. Some woman that makes my father smile.

 

 

                Shin hye went to the living room and saw the dashing boy-next-door looking Yong hwa sitting in a stool staring at her. He’s wearing a black suit and his ears were studded by a pair of round brilliant cut white gold black diamonds. She thought that earrings would make men look gay but Yong Hwa proved her wrong.

 

Yong Hwa

                I told her that I’d wait for her in the car but I had a feeling that I need to make sure she’s feeling okay. She’s taking a long time inside her room so I got a bit antsy. Her room’s door suddenly opened and I saw a walking Chinese porcelain doll looking as refined as a princess in the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter