I look in your Eyes.....

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy? Is daddy ever coming? It’s been a week already.”

 

Shin Hye is looking at her daughter’s sad face while doing her composition in the music room. The same sad face she’s had when she listened to the devil’s promise. She smiled. Then, laughed mockingly. All of a sudden, tears welled from her eyes but she hid it from her daughter’s sad gaze.

 

“He left mommy years ago, so what do you expect!” Drei came in drenched in sweat as he was playing early in the morning.

 

“No, he didn’t!” Yanna retorted. “He needed to work that’s why! Right mommy?”

 

Shin Hye doesn’t know how to tell the truth to the both of them. She was feeding them lies for saving his face, but why? Why does she need to lie for his sake? Is Geun Suk right for doubting her?

 

“Drei stop it, you’re mom’s not feeling well today. Yanna will you excuse us sweetie?” Geun Suk came in to Shin Hye’s rescue and cleared the murky situation she’s in.

 

Yanna kissed her mom before going out while Drei is still looking high and mighty exactly like someone she knows.

 

“The children are growing so fast. I don’t even know how to convince them anymore.” Shin Hye stood up and looked out the window facing the garden.

 

 “You’ve reared them with full of love. They’ll understand.” Geun Suk wentto Shin Hye’s back and held her tiny waist.

 

“I don’t know if I did the right thing. But I never want them to feel unwanted by their father.”

 

“You know it wasn’t like that.”

 

Shin Hye got confused and faced him. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“You know what I mean Shin Hye. You were waiting for this all this time.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Don’t act like I’m all ignorant. I know what’s brewing in that pretty head of yours. You wanted to be all proud and indomitable one day and go back here feeling like a queen. But deep inside that heart of yours, you wanted him to come after you.”

 

Soon after Geun Suk finished his litany, a loud slap could be heard inside the room. Shin Hye looked at him filled with anger that made her face so red and her veins protrude.

 

“Get out!” Shin Hye hissed.

 

“Isn’t that the truth?” Geun Suk pushed his luck.

 

“You’ve been a witness to all my hardships and success. You knew that I did everything for my children.”

 

“And you also did everything to forget him but you couldn’t.”

 

“Why Geun Suk! Ahy are you doing this to me? Huh?!”

 

“Because I can see it in your eyes! I’ve been following you around all these years. I’ve accepted everything about you. I have dreamed that one day, one day Shin Hye………you’ll learn to love me.”

 

“But I do Geun Suk, I do love you!” Shin Hye couldn’t help the tears coming out like that of on a rainy day.

 

“No! You are wrong. You never loved me. I was just a replacement and I couldn’t keep things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter