Meeting the parents 2

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Shi n Hye felt her heart tighten seeing Yong hwa’s father face to face. She doesn’t know whether to smile, shake his hands or bow as Koreans do.

 

                “Good evening sir. My name is Park Shin Hye. It’s nice to meet you.”

She extended her hand but it seems like Mr. Jung doesn’t want to take her right hand. He just kept on staring at her from head to toe. Shin hye felt like she’s an ice cream, melting from too much heat.

 

“Park. How are you related to the Parks in Busan?”

 

Shin hye doesn’t know what to say. It’s about her father again. Yong hwa started to feel the pressure so he tried to in.

 

“Appa, Shin hye grew up in England so she doesn’t know the Parks in Busan.”

 

Shin Hye looked at Yong hwa and felt relieved. “So this is where the lie starts.” Shin hye thought.

 

“Oh, Gurae? So where are your parents and how did you meet my son?”

 

“Ah, appa, we met in England years ago, I studied there for three years in middle school remember?” Yong hwa answered for her.

 

“So where are your parents Park Shin Hye?”

 

“My parents are dead. My mom died giving birth to me and…………….my……father……….died in a car accident………uhm……five years ago.” Shin hye half lied while fiddling with her fingers under the long glass table.

 

“ So, you are abandoned then? You’ve met in middle school.  That was a long time ago. How old are you?”

 

“I am 23 years old sir.”

 

“So how did you two keep up when you’ve met a long time ago?” Mr. Jung asked as if he’s presiding a case in a court.

 

“Email dad. Shin hye is a first grader in middle school when I’ve met her. Since then we became friends and exchanged messages. We still kept in touch when I went back to Korea but not so often. Then three months ago she decided to come to Korea and we were able to relive the past, I don’t want her to leave so I proposed to her.” Yong hwa narrated their fake love story with sweaty palms.

 

Mr. Jung laughed at the story presented by his son. “Just like the movies, right Park Shin hye?”

 

“It’s true sir. I don’t know if you have experienced young love but it’s a love that turns into a real one.” Shin hye told the old man with a straight face.

 

“I think youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter