TEARS

Pabo in love

 

After washing the dishes, JunHyung have noticed that EunJung was oddly quiet. He was thinking that she might have a problem and he could help her with that. He is not used to very mouth-shut EunJung.

 

'Why is she so quiet today? I'm getting bothered.'

 

"Why so quiet?" He finally asked when they were heading upstairs.

 

"I'm not quiet." She denied quickly forcing herself to smile to show that she is okay and nothing's wrong with her.

 

"What do you call people who don’t talk?"

 

"Uh...those people who think." She said it like she was shutting him off and that's how he felt. She is thinking and she doesn't want to share.

 

"Ah.. so you're thinking of something else while I'm here?" He asked again hoping that she's hiding some punchline.

 

“Yeah." She nodded and nothing came out from her after that simple 'yeah' that hurt JunHyung so much.

 

'Ouch. I'm kind of hurt there.' He thought looking down but still keeping the positive aura alive.

 

"Wow honest." He finally managed to speak after composing himself.

 

They both went inside EunJung's room.

 

"Sometimes I think you have already fallen for me." He said out of the blue and he noticed her stood frozen at her spot.

 

"Hey I'm just kidding." He laughed and she too let out a nervous laugh.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked angrily when he saw her opening her laptop.

 

"I am down today, I need some remedy." She said nonchantly.

 

"Aaaw…my best friend is down. Care to share?"

 

"Will it be alright if I don't?"

 

He thought for a while. She is shutting him out again. He's supposed to be the one who hears her problem and help her out, but 'why the sudden change?' He asked himself.

 

"S'kay. I guess you need more time. But I'm expecting to hear that out some day okay?"

 

EunJung let out an uneasy laugh, "I'll tell you about my HUGE problem whenever I'm ready."

 

"Good." He smiled at her genuinely and saw her flinch a little.

 

"You alright?" He went up to her.

 

"Y-yeah. I think so. Just  some...heartburn. Hehehe…"

 

After some time, JunHyung grabbed her laptop away.

 

"Hey!"

 

"No laptop, no stories, no addiction while I'm here."

 

"Great!" She said sarcastically.

 

- - - - - -

 

She badly wanted to get some distraction but now her laptop had been snatched away from her. Even her phone. Who wouldn't fall for this guy if he is so sweet and wants some real bonding time?

 

"Hey, I just noticed, every time I'm here you're always on your laptop. Are you feeling awkward being alone with me?"

 

"Huh?! Awkward my foot. We are so close right. We even used to bath together right. We do everything together. Why would I be awkward? Ha-ha-ha."

 

JunHyung laughed, "That’s the best friend I know."

 

'Oh so if you knew I like you... you don't know me anymore?'

 

"You're making me worry again."

 

"Why is it so?" She managed to utter with a fake smile.

 

"You're thinking of something else again because you're quiet."

 

She sighed, "Fine fine. I'll focus on you now."

 

"Yay!! Yay!! Yay!!"

 

"Too loud too loud!!" EunJung covered his mouth but inside she feels so giddy that she wants to stay uplate just to talk with him... to joke with him... to tickle with him... to kiss with him--- 'Okay EunJung. Stop the crap.'

 

- - - - - - -

 

"Let’s have a deal."  He heard her suggest.

 

"Sure."

 

"No laptop for me and no stories of your idol life for now."

 

"DEAL! That's what I've been waiting for you to say."

 

He saw her look at him in disbelief and fixed her face again.

 

"JunHyung, where do you want to sleep?"

 

"Ofcourse you know the answer." He sat down beside her on the bed and lied down with her.

 

"If your fans knew about you sleeping with your girl best friend for sure they’ll burn me to death and spread my ashes all over the world so I won't be able to reform." She cringed at the thought of her being chased by antis.

 

"Don't worry I'll defend you." He assured and turned to her who was clutching her chest a bit, "Heartburn again?" He asked her worriedly as he saw her painful expression while she tried to smile.

 

"Don't w-worry. I'll be fine."

 

"Oh… okay. Tell me if it still hurts so that I could help you. I can't afford to lose my best friend because I love her so much!!" He hugged her tight and she pretended to choke.

 

"YA~Can't breathe..." She faked to be dead and he hit her forehead.

 

While he was returning to his original position, he heard her murmuring though he only heard, "How would I avoid this heartburn? …Stop being so caring...and it hurts."

 

"Anyway," he said looking up the ceiling, "update me with your life."

 

"Me?" She looked at him then to the ceiling also. "I’m fine."

 

"Fine? That's all? Tell me more." His voice was eager and it was telling her that he wants to keep track on her.

 

"Where do you want me to start?"

 

"School then to friends then to yourself, and if ever, love life." He chuckled at his last statement.

 

"School is becoming hard every day but it's alright. It's my last year anyway. A famous boutique hired me already so after I graduate, I'll have a work already."

 

He could hear the excited tone of her as she said she’ll have a work soon. He knew that EunJung's dream since she was young was to be a fashion designer. To be honest, everything about him was influenced by EunJung. He tried to copy EunJung when they were younger and he thought it was embarassing when she found out instead she helped him and encouraged him to pursue more because she knew he could reach for more. They did many things together. They had enrolled for fashion workshop, dance school, music classes, join contests, lose together and won together. She was the one to encourage him to audition and gave him strength because he has no confidence in himself. He owes her a lot. When he finally got accepted in Cube and started training four years ago, they became distant and she even stopped with her dancing and singing/rapping but he tried to keep in touch with her because… EunJung is the most important person for him. She is his one and only superstar.

 

"Hmm." She sighed, "As you know, I really don't have much friends. But I do have a lot of unknown enemies."

 

Yes, he knew that. She is too precise even in picking friends. She prefer to have few but true friends than to have many which she knew some of them are backstabbers and plastics. That is also the reason why he is glad to be her best friend. Because it means that, he is the best friend she picked. She saves him from the bullies when they were in elementary and even becoming a bully herself just to protect him.

 

"You know Mimi right?"

 

He nodded even when he knows she cannot see him nodding because her eyes are glued on the ceiling.

 

"She is a big fan of BEAST. Imagine you have one fan in our school." She said it putting more exaggeration in the word ‘one’.

 

JunHyung chuckled, "Yeah right."

 

"Hey I'm just kidding okay?"

 

"Ofcourse I know."

 

"What's new with me?" She thought for a while, "You know everything about me already."

 

"C'mon. I'm sure there's new about you."

 

"Well, I just discovered lately that..."

 

"That?"

 

"I have some haters already." She blurted out.

 

"What?!" He sat up but she remained calm so he lied down again.

 

"I don't know if I should care. Remember this Yong JunHyung. If something bad happen to me, it's all because of you hanging out with me." She pointed at him accusingly.

 

He showed a worrying face and said, "Don't joke like that."

 

She sighed, "Yes sir. But it’s real."

 

"Love life?"

 

"Oh yeah...I forgot about that one."

 

"Well if you have none..."

 

"Ofcourse I have!"

 

JunHyung glanced at her and saw her close her eyes as if she was imagining someone.

 

"Hey be sure that it’s not someone fictional or some sort of an actor."

 

"Yeah yeah. FYI this person is real and I know him by heart. "

 

"Yeah right." JunHyung felt a bit jealous but he thought that it may be someone from school and they are not close.

 

"He is the coolest person ever. He could do so many things. He dances so well. He got great appeal. He is so talented..."

 

"Is that all you can say? Outer appearance? Maybe you can only look at him from afar." He murmured dreamily but he listens to her every word.

 

She ignored him. "He is so nice. So helpful. He is always there for me to help me out. He looks aloof but he's actually not that kind of person." For a second he thought she was describing him but…

"Though sometimes he is a bit dumb, slow and oblivious to his feelings. But all in all, I really like him that my heart hurts seeing him away from me and flirting with other girls."

 

"Why would you pick that kind of guy who flirts around? I want to meet him soon." He said in a brotherly manner.

 

She could imagine him crossing his arms over his chest and giving out death glares.

 

"But still, no matter how I avoid him, I still try to find a reason to see him. I don't care what torture it might bring but I would still be his admirer...from afar."

 

"If you love him so much, why can't you just tell him?"

 

"Tell him? No way. I know he will react differently."

 

"How unfortunate..." JunHyung clicked his tongue and smiled to himself. Because he knew if she tells her feeling to the guy, he would accept her easily because it’s hard to resist a girl like her and if that happens, JunHyung will be left out or even loose his best friend. 'So selfish of me I know.’

 

"I will still love him no matter what." He heard her say as he closed his eyes sleepily.

 

'Don't' He thought. He felt jealous. Since when is EunJung liking a guy and she didn't even tell him earlier. They seemed to be close with each other.

 

What if the person is better than he is? He remembered her say he dances so well. 'I guess there'll be a battle soon.' He smirked.

 

'While I'm worried sick about her whenever she won't pick up my calls, is she... with him? Are they having fun together? Is she happier now being with him than to be with me?' His mind wondered around as she continued on talking.

 

At the same time, he feels pity for her. He can hear how hurt she is through her voice. She must be suffering for so long now and he did not even have the chance to help her because she did not tell him...

 

"Don't worry..." He murmured, "when he rejects you, ..I-I'll be by your side...I'll love you more than you loved him..."

 

He tried to listen more but everything she says is all blurry as sleepiness enveloped him. But he managed to catch up the last thing she said.

 

"Goodnight stupid JunHyung. You are so slow as ever. You didn't even realize that I'm talking about you." EunJung said as a tear escaped from her eye.

 

~~~

subscribe and comment please?? pretty please? :DDD