FALLEN

Pabo in love

 

"You answered DooJoon's call and you can't even reply at my PMs??"

 

EunJung stood frozen and saw JunHyung standing near her door with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

"Y-Ya! You didn't even knock!!"

 

"Since when did I knock?" He said inviting himself in.

 

- - - - - - - - - - -

 

"Hi auntie!!" JunHyung greeted EunJung's mom and quickly her mom stopped what she's doing and came to him.

 

"OH!! The handsome best friend of my daughter!!" She hugged him and patted his back, "Go upstairs. EunJung just came also."

 

"Oh okay."

 

He was about to open the door when he heard EunJung talking on the phone.

 

"Thanks for reminding me DooJoon! Bye!"

 

He quickly opened the door and saw her rummaging in her closet.

 

"You answered DooJoon's call and you can't even reply at my PMs??"

 

He saw her jumped a bit in her place and stood frozen after that. "Y-Ya! You didn't even knock!!"

 

"Since when did I knock?" JunHyung then went inside her room.

 

 "Ya~are you hiding something from me?" He eyed her wanting an answer.

 

"No. Why wouldn't I be shock if I'm about to change clothes and you just barged in??"

 

"Don't you know how to lock doors?"

 

"Even if I locked it, you would still open it with your keys."

 

JunHyung kept his silence. 'Yeah. She has a point. I would still open it with my spare keys.'

 

"But what's wrong if I see you change? We even used to take a bath to-" He was shut off when a pillow hit him on the head.

 

"Since when did you become so ert?!!" She screamed.

 

"P-ert?" He scoffed. "I'm telling the truth. We used to take a bath together right? Have you forgotten that already?"

 

Now, he managed to tilt his head to his right when EunJung threw a pillow at him.

 

"Bleh." He stuck his tongue out.

 

"You!! Come here!"

 

"No way!"

 

They ran around her room for 30 minutes when finally EunJung's mom called them to go down and eat dinner.

 

"JunHyung, how's life living in the dorm?" EunJung's mom asked him as she set the last dish on the table.

 

"So far so good." He answered picking some side dishes with his chopsticks.

 

"Eun, what if we visit the boys there?" Her mom suddenly suggested like it was the most exciting thing to do on the weekends.

 

"DON'T." The two youngsters disagree almost choking on what they’re eating.

 

"And why not?" The old woman asked, her forehead wrinkled.

 

JunHyung smiled at her mother's reaction. Exactly like EunJung when he told her that she should stop reading fanfictions.

 

"Ma, you won't like the mess there."

 

JunHung quickly nodded in agreement.

 

"Eun, how did you know? Have you been there?"

 

"Ofcourse not!"

 

"Then how?"

 

"Auntie, Eun watches Idol Maid to see me."

 

"Oh." Her mom smiled admiringly at the both of them.

 

"Eew!!! Ofcourse not. I watch the others not you."

 

"Why are you so in denial?"

 

"Yeah daughter, why are you so in denial?" Her mom said siding with JunHyung.

 

"See? Even auntie agrees with me."

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

"JunHyung is so cute and hardworking just like your late dad isn't he?" Her mom said pinching JunHyung's cheek.

 

He saw her nod a little that made him smile.

 

- - - - - - -

 

After dinner, the two of them fixed the table and headed to the sink.

 

"Should I soap the dishes and you wash and wipe it?"

 

JunHyung shook his head no, "If you soap the dishes, it might slip in your hands again like what always happen. Lemme do it." He pushed her aside and got the plates away from her clumsy hands.

 

"O-okay." 

 

It was a torture for her to act like her normal self whenever she is talking to him. She does not know when she started liking him but what she knew was her waking up four years ago realizing that she had already fallen for her best friend who debuted as a rapper in BEAST.

 

"EunJung are you alright?" He asked her while he soaps the plates.

 

"Uh-huh."

 

"You sure? Lately I've notice you've been avoiding me."

 

"Ofcourse not." She denied.

 

After some silence, he started speaking again. "I know you so well. I can tell that you're lying."

 

'If you know me so well, you should have known by now that I am freakin' addicted in you that I don't want to lose sight of you but I have to avoid you. Do you know this feeling? This feeling of torture every day?'

 

"Anyway, how's life?" She started to open up a new topic and luckily, he understood that she does not want any drama.

 

He sighed deeply while he helped her to wash the dishes. He was done soaping now and noticed that EunJung had been extremely slow in washing the plates so he pushed her aside again and started washing himself.

 

"Very tiring. Guesting here and there. Fan signing, reality shows, variety shows, practicing..."

 

She wanted to hear him say, "Hey, I miss the old times when it was just you, me and auntie." but it was not the words that came out of his mouth.

 

"I've been looking forward to it. I never realized it was this fun after we debuted. There are a lot of fans majority girls. I saw one, she looks like a model and she was smiling at me. I swear I could have mixed my rap together luckily, I managed to stay focus. After our live stage, she came up to me and introduced herself..." He continued on.

 

She was not listening anymore. Everything he says is all a buzz now. 

 

'JunHyung, I don't want to be your best friend anymore if you keep on updating me with your idol life...seriously, it stabs my heart 10 times than before...'

 

"EunJung...what planet are you now?"

 

"H-huh?" She finally snapped out of her thoughts.

 

"Your mind is travelling while I'm talking right? Tsk. Tsk. You're so rude." He said and finished wiping the last bowl and returned it to the right cabinets.

 

'Rude? Rude that I am not listening to you and your beautiful girl? Would I waste my time listening to you if I know I'll get hurt again?'

 

"Why so quiet?" He finally asked when they were heading upstairs.

 

"I'm not quiet."

 

"What do you call people who don’t talk?"

 

"Uh...those people who think."

 

"Ah... so you're thinking of something else while I'm here?"

 

"Yeah." She nodded not minding how would he react.

 

"Wow honest." He bit his lower lip but smiled afterwards. It rather hurt him since all this time he was sharing the best experiences he had so far and she was part of it.

 

They both went inside EunJung's room.

 

"Sometimes I think you have already fallen for me." He said out of the blue and she stood frozen at her spot while he on the other hand lied on her bed oblivious of what happened to her.