FRIDAY

Pabo in love

 

Three days after, EunJung's girl best friend came up to her at school. Song Mimi is a chubby, short girl that is really close to EunJung. She knows everything about EunJung to sum it all up.

 

"Eun-ah, I need to interview you." She said dragging EunJung to a much quieter place.

 

"What's the hardest thing that you have ever done?" Mimi took out a pen and a notebook and started with the interview as soon as they settled down in a park.

 

"Uh... loving my guy best friend?"  EunJung answered dumbly in a questioning note for she can't think of anything else.

 

"Why is it so?" Mimi asked the follow up question.

 

"Hmm...Because for Pete's sake he is my best friend."

 

"Do you want to add more to that?" Mimi continued while jotting down notes.

 

"And also because he is the freakin' rapper of BEAST and obviously I'm the best friend and he keeps on telling stories about what happened in his day and most of the time about fan girls…having the chance to be with girl groups and stuffs  that makes me so jealous!"

 

All her answers to Mimi's interview were all JunHyung related since her brain was drained due to what happened 3 days before.

 

"And hey Mimi," EunJung said when the interview was finally over.

 

"Yup?"

 

"Will you really use my answers for your report?"

 

"What do you think?"

 

"No."

 

"You got it! Why in the world would I use your interview if it's all about JunHyung?!"

 

"I thought so." EunJung muttered looking on the ground.

 

"Eun! Why can't you just tell him already?" The frustrated voice of Mimi made EunJung growl.

 

"Why would I? It's not like it will change a thing."

 

Mimi sighed. "You're so unbelievable. It must be hard keeping your secret for 4 years already."

 

"Hell yeah."

 

After a while of girl bonding (includes some arguing about JunHyung), EunJung's cellphone started to ring.

 

"Oh...a text from JunHyung." She informed Mimi.

 

"Jinja?!"

 

"Yeah." Eunjung answered boredly returning her phone to her bag.

 

"Won't you read it?"

 

"Nah. He always text me every day."

 

"Sweet!!" Mimi clasped her hands together and twirled around dreamily.

 

"Sweet my foot." EunJung said breaking the fantasy of her girl best friend. "My heart breaks seeing his text messages." She continued to look on the ground when Mimi snatched her phone from her bag.

 

"YA! Give me that!"

 

"No way! No way!"

 

Mimi then read her inbox aloud while running around the park.

 

"From poppin dragon: hey eun, don't forget to do your homework ok?

 From poppin dragon: have you eaten already?

 From poppin dragon: I texted auntie and she said you didn't go downstairs the whole day >:( eat already!!

 From poppin dragon: morning again 8D have a nice day Eun. kkk~~

 ..."

 

Mimi stopped reading. "This is tiring." She complained as she scanned EunJung's inbox filled with JunHyung's PMs.

 

"Oh… from Doojoon." Mimi said excitedly, finally, a different sender, " 'Jun Hyung said you didn't reply to his PMs. Reply already!! Please! We can't make him focus on work when you don’t reply to his messages!!' "

 

Eun shot a glance at her phone after Mimi read the PM of Doojoon with emotions.

 

"Seriously? Gosh!! What to do with him?!"

 

"What's wrong??" Mimi asked full of concern.

 

"He just acts like a brother slash boyfriend. My heart will really break if he will continue this..."

 

- - - - - -

 

"Alright, good job guys!!" Beast's choreographer clapped his hands in satisfaction. "It's Saturday tomorrow. Rest well."

 

"Gomawo!" The boys bowed.

 

"JunHyung are you lovesick?" Gikwang teased when their choreographer was finally out of the studio.

 

"AGAIN?" Hyunseung added more to the teasing.

 

"Ya! I'm just worried about my best friend."

 

Gikwang shook his head disapprovingly, "It's always like that..."

 

"You!"

 

"Stop that already! You too are so noisy!! Why do you keep on shouting?!" Doojoon exclaimed.

 

The rest stared at him.

 

"Who's shouting?" JunHyung spat back coolly.

 

"Obviously it's our stupid leader." They said in unison.

 

"YA! When did I shout?!"

 

They all sighed at their leader's in denial-ness.

 

"Anyway, I'll go get going now." JunHyung got his bag and slung it on his back.

 

Saturday was always their free day. So every friday after practice or activities, Jun Hyung sleeps at EunJung's house. He's always welcome there and EunJung's mom likes him a lot.

 

"Hyung, why do you care so much of EunJung noona like she is your girlfriend?" DongWoon asked.

 

"Because she's the first friend I ever had and will always be my one and only best friend. And of course I'll care about her since she's a girl and hello? We've been together since...seven?...no...five."

 

"Because it doesn't look like it is really your reason." Yeseob wagged his eyebrows.

 

"Are you putting me in the hot seat again about her?"

 

They all nodded. JunHyung sighed.

 

"You just don't know why I'm doing this because for who-knows sake your best buddies are all  guys!! And mine is a girl!"

 

"Ooh~~ did I just heard the word 'mine'?" Yeseob asked looking to the boys and they all shared knowing smiles.

 

 

JunHyung rolled his eyes in irritation, "I need to go now."

 

When he was out of the practice room, the boys left gathered around as if they were old aunties catching up with the latest gossip.

 

"When will he realize he likes Eun noona??" DongWoon shouted disappointed that their bad boy is oblivious to his feelings about his best friend.

 

"I never knew JunHyung is this slow." Hyunseung shook his head.

 

DooJoon on the other hand dialed EunJung's number.

 

----

 

EunJung greeted her mom who was busily cooking dinner and went upstairs when her phone started to ring.

 

"DooJoon leadah?" She greeted after she looked on the LCD of her phone.

 

"Eun!! Wow. You answered my call."

 

EunJung laughed, "Why wouldn't I? For sure you'll blackmail me if I won't"

 

Besides Mimi, Doojoon also knew about EunJung's feelings for JunHyung.

 

----Flashback-----

 

"Eun noona wait for me!!" DongWoon shouted at EunJung who was running down the stairs of Cube with the other guys.

 

Doojoon was the last to go downstairs and saw a cute wallet lying on the floor.

 

He opened it to see who the owner is when a picture of JunHyung fell on the floor.

 

"JunHyung won't use a cute wallet like this...then who..?"

 

He thought and mentally slapped himself. "Of course this is EunJung's!"

 

When they were already at the restaurant, DooJoon secretly handed EunJung her wallet.

 

"Didn't know you have a secret crush on your best friend." He whispered at her.

 

"You opened my--" Her eyes widened when she realized that she had been caught and DooJoon was now grinning at her.

 

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone." He assured her.

 

"DooJoon..."

 

"Promise I won't tell anyone."

 

"You sure?"

"Yep."

"Seriously?"

"Shut up already or do you want me to tell him now?"

"Shutting!"

 

----End of flashback-----

 

"You shouldn't make JunHyung worried. We asked him why he worries so much about you and the usual, 'she's my one and only best friend and of course I'll care for her because she's a girl and what if something bad happen to her and blah blah blah."

 

EunJung sighed, "DooJoon, I'm really sad. It’s getting harder for me every day."

 

"EunJung fighting!!" He shouted over the phone. After some few seconds, she heard the boys crowd over DooJoon.

 

"DooJoon why are you cheering EunJung?" She heard GiKwang asking on the other line.

 

"Something bad happened to noona? Is she feeling down?"

 

"Whatever may be the reason.."

 

There was a short pause.

 

"EunJung fighting!!"

 

EunJung got so touched when she heard the boys on the phone cheering her up.

 

"You heard that Eun? Anyway, you should fix yourself now."

 

"Why?" EunJung asked clueless.

 

"It's Friday today!! JunHyung is coming!!"

 

"Shoot! Shoot!" She quickly ran to her closet and tried to find some decent clothes. She looked so wasted and she cannot let JunHyung see her in that state.

 

"Thanks for reminding me DooJoon! Bye!"

 

"You answered DooJoon's call yet you can't even reply to my PMs??"

 

EunJung stood frozen and saw JunHyung standing near her door with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

'Ooopsie…'