Chapter oo8

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Sitting quietly we quickly put away the bookshelf, and then with her quick work my clothes are put up in the closest and my dresser.

“Thanks.” I tell him smiling.

“You’re welcome.” She says smiling. Dazed by how she can smile, at me like that, with some of her hair falling in her face. “You ok?”

Stalled for words I nod my head. “So what do you want to do now?” I ask him sitting on my bed casually, trying to play off my dazed state.

Biting her lip she looks at the clock. “I have therapy in an hour…”

“Oh.” I tell her furrowing my brows. “Is that what you were doing when we first met?”

“Yeah, sorta…no.” She says making a face, the kind of face she makes when something involves her doing something with strangers.

“So then?” I ask her pressing her on. “Sunyoung?” She continues to bite her lip, chuckling, I grab her face gently. “You’ll bruise your lips if you keep biting them.” I warn her.

Pouting she pushes my hand away. “I was supposed to be in group therapy.”

Blinking away my surprise I smile at her. “So you are trying.”

Nodding her head she gives me a meek smile. “With you, things are easier.”

Sighing I give her a hug, I’m not quite sure what made me but, as much as Sunyoung has trusted me with I just did it. “We owe each other a dinner together.”

 

Sunyoung’s POV

 

Feeling him wrap his arms around me, “We owe each other a dinner together.” He says brightly.

“Oh,” I mumble blush from the close contact. “I guess so.” Wrapping my arms around him I feel something tug inside me, something I’ve never felt before, something that maybe is pushing me to trust Jonghyun. “You know you’re turning my world upside down, right?”

Hearing him chuckle, the movement giving me a rush of excitement. “Yeah, but you’re doing the same.” He whispers in my ear. His voice floating through the air, its stunning how powerful it is, how hypnotizing it is.

“How?” I ask him burying my face into his chest. “I’ve hardly done anything.”

Forcing me to look him in his eyes, his chocolate orbs, the soft kind eyes that I hadn’t noticed before somehow, the way he moves so gracefully. “But you have Sunyoung.” He whispers carefully. “You’ve done more for me than I have for myself since Raina died.”

Feeling my mouth go dry, and my heart to pound I stare up at him. “I-I-I-I need to go to my appointment.” I squeak out.

“I’ll take you,” He offers happily. “I can pick out some stuff for us to cook while you’re in your session.”

Nodding my head slowly I head, putting my shoes on I wait for Jonghyun, talking out of the building Jonghyun takes me hand. Smiling to myself I look down at our hands as he leads me along onto a bus, I don’t know what it is about this simple gesture but it means something to me I thought I’d lost long ago…security, peace and being safe.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Watching Sunyoung look down at our hands, at her smiling, something so simple obviously making her happy. She may look like Raina, but she sure as hell is nothing like her. Raina was always trying to kiss me, hugging me, and thinking back I realize how irritating it really is. The way she was always trying to get something out of me. I guess that’s why I do it, always trying to get something out of a simple date with some girl I’ve known for five minutes…But not with Sunyoung, gentle, timid, distrusting. I wonder what she would have been like if the horrible things in her life hadn’t happened to her.

Pushing a lock of hair out of her face I smile at her happily, the movement didn’t even phase her as she contently looks at our hands still, squeezing mine every so often, smiling a little bigger as I squeeze her hand back.

Looking up suddenly she pushes the button to get the bus to stop, pulling me along Sunyoung leads me into a building, a nice one, then into a waiting area.

“Miss Kim was the lady you saw that came and got me the day we first met.” She explains taking a seat, her hand suddenly absent from mine. “She was the person who saved me, and helped me.” She continues. “Miss Kim is probably the closest thing I’ve known to family.”

Sitting next to her I smile. “Well, I suppose she I should meet her then.”

Sunyoung smiles. “I think she’d like to meet you.”

Chuckling I grab her hand again, smiling at each other, when a door opens though, Sunyoung looks up and smiles at a lady, the same lady from before, Miss Kim.

“Hello Sunyoung.” She says brightly. “Who would this gentleman be?”

Sunyoung standing she grins, “This is Jonghyun, he’s…” She pauses, smiling at me “my friend.”

Miss Kim looks at me rather surprised. “Your friend?”

Standing up I smile at her. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Bowing respectively.

Miss Kim smiles at me kindly. “It is,” Bowing she looks at Sunyoung. “Shall we?”

“Alright, Jonghyun it’ll be a while. I can give you a call when I’m done.” She says a little timidly.

Nodding my head I smile at her, again I’m not sure why, but I pull her into a hug. “I’ll be waiting.”

Watching her walk into the room, Miss Kim smiles before closing the door, suddenly I feel a little anxious. I’ve spent a lot of time with her since I actually first met her properly…Not being able to see her is a bit odd, but might as well do some shopping.


Sorry for all the switches :/ and the late update, I still haven't really set a updating schedule to be honest. I write when I have time and the inspiration.

Comment and Subscribe!!