Chapter oo5

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

I’ve been through a lot in my life but, this is probably the scariest thing I’ve faced:  My parents looking for me. As Jonghyun came to my rescue he got me in my bed, and for me to stop crying.

“What’s the matter Sunyoung?” He asks tentatively.

 In a voice I’d forgotten I answer quietly. “My parents.”

“And?” He presses gently. “Did something happen to them?”

“I wish.” I mumble; his confused face I decide maybe I should just put myself out there, despite what I know could happen. I’ll be alone again. “They…” Pausing I clamp my eyes shut. “Hurt me; abused.” I whisper.

Hearing the intake of breath and Jonghyun’s arms wrapping around me quickly I freeze. “Do you want me to put the box away?” He asks me after he lets go.

Nodding my head, but before he leaves I grab his hand. “Will you…”

“I’ll stay.” He promises giving me a small smile before he leaves. Sitting alone in my room I hug my legs trying to forget, trying to ignore the painful truth: My parents are looking for me and they aren’t too happy that I got away.

I hadn’t even realized it but Jonghyun was back. “Hey.” He whispers sitting on my bed carefully. “You know I have something I’ve been keeping to myself for a while.”

Nodding my head he lets out a long sigh before he continues.

“I saw my girlfriend die. I saw her get hit by a car.” He whispers quietly. “It’s had me pretty messed up.”

Pursing my lips I try to decipher if he’s joking or not. I’m messed up, I can’t trust, and yet I put up a lot by telling him my biggest secret.

“I’ll take your silence as to that you don’t believe I’m messed up.” He chuckles. “I go out with dozens of girls trying to find one that’s remotely like her, one that’s her.”

“Oh.” I whisper. “I can’t trust people…It’s my phobia.”

“What about me?” He asks me scooting closer. “I think you trust me.”

“I do, and it’s odd that I do.”

“Sorry?”

“It’s just that...I have a hard time trusting my therapist, and I’ve known her for years.” I whisper. “You’ve changed something in my life since we met.”

“To be honest I thought you were my girlfriend when I first saw you.” He mumbles. “You’re different though…”

“We’re pretty messed up.” I whisper trying to focus on anything else. “You know I thought when I found out about you moving in that I could ignore you.”

“I’m hard to disregard.” Jonghyun says cockily.

Rolling my eyes I continue on. “I’ve ignored and pushed people away since I got away from my parents, but something about you keeps drawing me closer to you.”

“My sparkling personality and good looks?”

“Or your ability to totally come off as a jackass?” I ask him sarcastically.

“Charming is more like it.” He mutters playfully. “You know we could be good for each other.”

“How do you figure?” I ask him interested how I could be any good for this guy that’s searching for his deceased girlfriend in other girls.

“Well I need help getting over her…And you trust me. Little steps.”

“Little steps to getting over my phobia that I’ve had for most of my life? For you to get over ‘her’? I still don’t see how I can help you.”

“Well for starters, you are stopping me from using another girl, right this second.” Nodding my head I let out a long sigh, it just occurred to me I might have chosen the worst person possible to put my trust in, but then again this is a step forward, one that I haven’t been able to do on my own.

“So we help each other to help ourselves?” I ask him to be sure.

“Exactly.”

“You’re still using people.” I point out to him after we’re quiet for a little bit.

Glaring at me playfully we sit on my bed, I’m left to wonder what exactly will come from me doing this.


Moving on with the plot (:

I thought for a while about how to exactly get them to the point of 'helping' each other, and came to this.

Comment and Subscribe!!