Chapter oo1

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

“My name is Sunyoung, Park Sunyoung.” I spoke, looking around I stared at them all, I hated this, I want to disappear and just fade away. “I am twenty years old.” Taking my seat I sat down and look around, everyone else seemed to be fine being around people.

Everyone else carried on with introducing themselves, when our therapist stood up and smiled at us all. “Thank-you, now I know we have some new faces to our group session today, I’d like for everyone to please welcome them.” Miss Kim says happily, looking at me wearily.

With that everyone began to share, talk and chat with each other about things, I couldn’t I just couldn’t. Standing up I ran out of the room and outside, taking deep breaths I looked around making sure there weren’t people around, no one prying into my life.

“Are you alright?” A voice asks suddenly, spinning around I come face to face with some guy looking at me.

Jumping back against the wall I stare at him, trying to figure a way out, when I hear another voice, one that’s been reassuring to me. “Miss Park, are you alright?”

Climbing up the steps, I take another glance at the man, a concern look on his face. “I’m fine.” I whisper retreating back inside.

 

After the session ended, and everyone else left I helped Miss Kim gather the chairs up. “I suppose it was too soon for you to introduce you into group therapy.”

Staying quiet I nod my head, she said I might find some relief, but in all honestly it scared me, I was terrified of all those people. “I don’t think I’ll go again Miss Kim.”

“It’s alright, are we still going to have tomorrow’s session?”

“I’d like that very much.” I mumble smiling at her. “I’m sorry; I know I must be a bit of a pain.”

Shaking her head at me she smiles, “Not at all. I’m just concerned about you. You’ve been getting a little more on edge lately. Has anything been going on?”

Shaking my head I smile a little, “No, nothing has really changed.” I whisper bowing. “I better get going.”

“Alright, well have a good day, and Sunyoung be careful alright, maybe try starting a conversation with someone?” Miss Kim calls after me as I leave the room.

 

Walking out of the lobby I make my way home, walking in the gleaming sunlight is refreshing, it’s nice to know that things can be nice.

“Hey you’re that girl from earlier!” A guy says getting in front of me. “You ok?”

Furrowing my brow I nod my head, with what Miss Kim said running through my head ‘a conversation with someone new’. “I’m fine.”

He smiles approvingly, an inviting smile. “I’m Kim Jonghyun.”

Nodding my head I look around. “How nice,” I mumble trying to walk away. “It was nice meeting you.”

“Whoa!” He yells walking along with me. “What’s your name?”

Glancing at his face, friendly, open, kind, interested, overall someone I don’t want to get to know, this is how it starts before the hurt you. “We won’t run into each other again.” I say quietly. “You don’t need to know my name.” And with that I run off and hail a taxi, quickly getting in looking back at the guy standing there dazed.

Giving the cabbie the address a couple streets away, relaxing a bit I stare out the window.

 

I wasn’t always this way, at least I think I can remember when I was comfortable around people, able to share and talk with them, but life is cruel and pain is life’s teacher. My parents taught that to me, just thinking about it makes me shutter, makes old bruises, cuts, scars and broken bones ache again. No one ever believed me about any of it; they all told me lying isn’t good. They never believed me, Miss Kim was the first one to though. She was the first person that believed me and took me away from all of that, I was fourteen then. Miss Kim saw me drift through foster care, none of it worked, I couldn’t trust anyone; I couldn’t believe them. Eventually Miss Kim set up a home for me when I turned seventeen, now three years later I still live there, I take the same route to our sessions, I avoid making useless chit chat with people and I make sure to keep my distance from people.


A new idea, I'm acutally writing this one because, I felt REALLY bad about the ending I gave my last one, and I personally feel like my writing just got worse and worse with my last one, hopefully with this I'll improve.

Comment and Subsccribe!!