Chapter o12

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

 

Eating breakfast with Jonghyun’s friends, them all curious to know why Jonghyun and I are spending so much time together, the only one not asking us any questions is Key; all he’s doing is watching me, like he’s trying to figure something out about me…making me nervous.

“I’ll be right back.” I say getting up keeping eye contact with Key, letting him know to follow.

Sitting in the hall I see Key come walking over to me. “So you wanted to talk?”

“You’re staring at me.” I tell him looking away. “Jonghyun says you’re intuitive.”

Key nods his head. “I know you don’t like people, and Jonghyun is strangely cryptic about you.” Looking towards the table his smile softens. “I’m worried about him; since…she died he hasn’t taken life too well.”

“It worries me…” I mumble looking away. “Key?”

“Hmmh?”

“You’re both best friends right?” I ask him with my eyes closed.

“Of course we are.”

Pursing my lips I look at him. “Then you’d know if he sees me as me or as her.” I whisper feeling my stomach twist. “It scares me that he’s only around because of the resemblance I shared.”

Key’s face contorts into confusion then understand-ment; slowly he rests his hand on my shoulder. “Sunyoung I know exactly what you mean…and to be honest I already talked to him about it, he’s with you, and he’s not thinking of Raina at all when he’s with you.”

Nodding my head I look at him. “I have a phobia of trusting people.” I whisper to him looking down at the ground. “That’s…”

“Why you’re so hesitant.” Key finishes for me. “Jonghyun’s very protective over you.”

Chuckling I look at him. “Key, I see why you’re close with him, why you all seem so close.” I tell him smiling up at him; Key looks at me to continue on. “You all just bond well, get alone, tease each other, you’re close…you’re like a family.”

“Jonghyun wants to bring you into our little family.” Key says pushing me back towards the table. “Go he’s getting that look.”

“What look?” I ask while he pushes me back to the table.

“The one he gets when he worries about someone he cares deeply for.” He whispers in my ear before taking his seat on the other side of the table.

“Well, look whose back.” Onew says happily. “Key and the lovely Sunyoung.”

Chuckling I smile at him. “Sorry, anyways…” Taking my seat we continue on eating much like nothing had happened, like Key and I had been there the whole time, like we’d all spend a lot of time together from now on, being accepted.

 

Leaving the restaurant I wave to the five boys, Key and Jonghyun exchanging looks before waving to me, while I head off to therapy then to quickly make a stop at my apartment to get to my classes.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

“Sunyoung-Noona is pretty.” Taemin says watching her get in a cab, “Don’t you think so hyung?”

“Very, it’s surprising she’d spend time with someone like Jonghyun.” Minho teases.

“Yah!” I grumble looking at him. “What’s that supposed to mean.”

Minho smirks. “She’s so kind and innocent, while you hyung…well.” He says joking. “Nah, but seriously…Hyung.”

“I know.” I whisper watching as the cab she took drives out of sight. “Come on Key we got to get to work.”

Going our separate ways I look at Key. “What did you guys talk about?”

 

“You know the regular stuff.” Key says shrugging his shoulders. “Her phobia and insecurity.”

“Insecurity? As in just one?” I ask him confused, I figured Key would gain her trust, Key’s trustworthy.

“Raina.” He says simply walking off. “Hurry up slowpoke.” 


 

Here is another chapter for you guys (: and I'd like to thank you captivebeauty, I really appreciate what you've said (:

But knowing you guys are enjoying it is enough.

Comment and Subscribe!!