Chapter oo2

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

After paying for the taxi I quickly walk the two streets until I reach my home, my apartment building, it’s in a nice area, a quiet neighborhood.

Quickly entering the elevator I push the button to take me to my floor, when someone slips in. “Thought I wasn’t going to make it!” The man says panting while looking at the ground. Going to press a button he grins. “Hey we’re on the same floor.”

Holding my breath I fight the urge to wait and get out. “Oh, what a coincidence.” I mutter.

“Now, now I thought you said we wouldn’t be seeing each other anymore.” Jonghyun says smugly. “But seriously we’re neighbors I think it’d be nice to know your name.”

Scooting farther away from him I nod my head. “I suppose.”

“Hey I’m not gonna bite.” He jokes lightly, “So let’s try this again. I’m Jonghyun.” He says bowing.

Bowing as well I say my name. “Sunyoung.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” He says as the doors come open, walking down the hall together he tells me about how excited he is to meet someone closer to his age here. “I thought I was going to end up spending all my time here alone.”

Nodding my head I stop short. “You probably will.” I tell him as I punch the code into the panel entering my home.

“Why is that?” Jonghyun asks looking at me as I enter my apartment.

Taking a deep breath I glance around, a lie would be helpful. “I don’t really get much time to socialize. Bye Jonghyun.”

Closing the door I fall on the ground, why is he so friendly, why couldn’t he have left me alone? Why? Things weren’t suppose to change. Walking into the kitchen I carefully get out a glass and pour me some water, sipping it on my way back to the couch I pick up the book I started, just some light reading, I don’t really have any tests or anything coming up and I already did my homework so it is nice to actually relax a bit and after today I need it.

After a few chapters later an urgent knock comes to my door, sighing I stand up, looking through the peephole I see Jonghyun waiting for me to answer. Sighing I open my door a little. “Yes?”

“Do you not like me?” He asks me quickly. “Did I do something to offend you?”

Sighing I shrug my shoulders. “Don’t take it personal, I don’t socialize with anyone.” I tell him calmly.

Nodding his head lets out a bit of a frustrated growl. “Do you have a boyfriend or something?”

“No.” I replay quickly. “I do not, nor do I need one. I’m perfectly fine on my own.”

“Who lives with being ‘perfectly fine’?” Jonghyun asks me crossing his arms.

Just as I was about to answer my phone rings. “I have to get that.” I say sighing. “Good bye Jonghyun.” Nodding his head he turns away, shutting my door I go to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Yes, Miss Park you have a package here at the front desk.” Management says. “Please come pick it up and your earliest convenience.”

“I’ll be right down.” I say hanging up, putting my shoes back on I walk down the hall calmly, taking the elevator down to the lobby I see the package waiting for me. “Thank-you.” I say picking it up.

“Not a problem Miss Park.” He says as I walk back into the elevator, tapping my fingers on the box I lean my head back on the wall waiting for the doors to close, and again people jump on just in time to get in.

“What floor did hyung say he lives on?” A boy asks the group of boys all shrugging their shoulders.

“Jonghyun lives on the tenth right?” One asks.

“He lives on the twelfth.” I mumble out quietly. Turning to look at me the four boys give me questioning looks. “He moved in not too long ago right?” I ask.

They nod their heads, one of the boys’ smiles as he introduces himself. “I’m Kim Kibum, but please call me Key.” Quickly adding “Thank-you.”

“Lee Taemin.” The one that’d spoken first says.

“Choi Minho.” A rather tall one says respectively.

The last one grins, the one that’d guessed wrong. “Lee Jinki, call me Onew.”

Bowing politely I introduce myself. “Park Sunyoung.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” They all say together happily.

Nodding my head I tap my fingers against the box, praying for the doors to open, I’ve had about enough of interaction with people. “It’s great to meet you all as well.”

Just as I said that the door opens, quickly filing out I walk to my door trying to juggle holding the box and typing in the code.

“Here let me.” Minho says taking the box. “This isn’t light.” He says surprised.

“Thank-you.” I mumble quickly punching in the numbers before I push my door open, opening my arms to take the box back Minho smiles.

“I’ll set it down for you if you’d like.” He offers.

Biting my lip I nod my head hesitantly as I lead him to the living room. “Here please. Thank-you Minho.”

“No problem,” He says as I walk him out. “Do you want to join us?” He asks tentatively.

“No thank you, maybe next time.” I mumble bowing.

Nodding his head he smiles before running down the hall. Closing the door I slide against the wall breathing heavily, trying to calm myself.

After a little bit I stand up and walk into my bed room, falling on my bed I let out a frustrated sigh, too many people, and too many new things.


A quick introduction to the other SHINee members, they'll come back more in depth soon and Jonghyun of course, (: What do you guys think so far? Promising?

Comment and  Subscribe!!