Chapter o16

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

 

Staring at Jonghyun I smile timidly. “You know I’m not sure why I ever gave you a key to my place.” This of course causes him to chuckle, as he closes the door. “I’ve lost all privacy.” I joke.

Jonghyun smiles at me before taking a seat next to me. “Aw you know you like me dropping by.”

“Dropping by? It’s like you live here.” I joke leaning my head on his shoulder. “But I do enjoy you coming by.”

“Good.” He chimes happily. “How was therapy?” He asks quietly. Breathing in Jonghyun’s scent I sigh happily, I like sitting like this with him.

“Ok, it’s still a little scary, but group therapy isn’t really that bad.” I admit, since Jonghyun and I became nearly inseparable all those months ago things have gotten easier, a lot easier. I’m not scared all the time now, people are just people. I don’t see the monsters anymore, well not as much at least.

Hearing a knock at my door Jonghyun yells. “IT’S OPEN!”

This really shouldn’t be normal to me but it is; having Jonghyun yelling at whoever is on the other side of the door that I’m home and he’s here with me is normal to me. The little things of Jonghyun coming over or me going over to his house just to hang out with the others. I’m rarely alone and I’m happy. Classes are easier now that I have people to talk to, even if I do get nervous I know Minho is there and it’s enough to have a friend there to cheer me on.

Rolling my eyes in comes Taemin, Minho Onew and Key all smiling at us. “Are you sure you don’t live together?” Key asks.

“Yeah, Jonghyun-hyung you’re never at him you’re always with Noona.” Taemin teases happily.

“Deh, poor Sunyoung probably never gets a break from you.” Minho adds in smiling.

“I think they’re cute.” Onew declares causing us all to crack up. “What?” He asks looking around accusingly. “YOU THINK IT TOO!” He defends himself.

Key shakes his head. “Anyways we thought we could go to the movies tonight.”

“Sounds good!” I cheer happily getting approving looks from them.

Jonghyun stands up bringing me with him. “Get your shoes.”

“Deh!” I call going to pull them on, “Let’s go!” I say excitedly as Taemin latches onto my arm, and Minho to the other. The three of us march out into the hall with Key, Onew and Jonghyun following behind. “Yah, Jonghyun did you lock my door?” I call. Again this is being a part of my life trusting my apartment’s safety to Jonghyun and in a way I’ve put all that I can into Jonghyun for him to prove to me that the world isn’t going to destroy everything. He’s held me up all these months, keeping me safe.

“Deh my dear!” Blushing I stare at the ground, happily, I still haven’t gotten used to Jonghyun’s little pet names for me. He’s always so affectionate with me, I don’t mind after all, but I just can’t believe he’s so demonstrative in public or around his friends, it could be though that they’re used to his antics.

 

At the theater Key and Minho but the tickets while Onew and Taemin get snacks, leaving Jonghyun and I to wait in the lobby. The smell of popcorn filling my nose, the sound of people milling around the lobby, but I’m acutely aware of where Jonghyun is and how far away he is from my grasp.

“You know we’ve known each other for six months now.” Jonghyun says randomly while we wait.

Nodding my head I smile at him. “We have, and since you’ve helped me with my pistanthrophobia.”

“And you helped me stop using people.” Jonghyun says taking hold of my hand. “I like you a lot Sunyoung.” I like how he says my name, how he grabs my hand because he knows I get nervous still in large crowds, with people that can come a little too close too fast.

Blushing I look down at our hands happily. “I like you a lot too.” I say looking up, I know my cheeks are slightly pink, but Jonghyun doesn’t seem to mind.

Leaning down Jonghyun kisses the top of my head. “Will you go on a date with me tomorrow?”

Nodding my head I smile leaning my face into his arm. “Of course.”

“Sunyoung, Jonghyun come on let’s get out seats!” Key says walking by us, the others following his lead. It’s funny how our reality seems to crash into us when we’re ready to make a step into a new direction reminding us that we’re not alone.

 

Maybe that was my biggest problem, until I met Jonghyun and the others I’d been alone even if I had Miss Kim I’d been alone. I was facing everything alone, the world was full of monsters and everything had the potential to hurt me. Now though with friends and a possible relationship blossoming I’m not alone. The world isn’t full of monsters, there are a lot of beautiful and exciting things, and I know I can’t trust everyone, but I know that I can trust people enough to get to know them and to build that up. Even if I still am fighting my phobia it isn’t as bad anymore and I’m happier, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my entire life.

 


 

 

And I finally get to Jonghyun and Sunyoung actually acting all lovey.. XD

Comment and Subscribe!!