Chapter oo4

Pistanthrophobia - the Fear of Trusting People

After an awkward little pause I smile at him. “I’m sorry; I know I’m not the easiest person to talk to.” I whisper examining another apple.

“It’s alright; I might have come off a little strong.” Jonghyun says drumming his fingers on orange. “So you met my friends?”
Biting my lip I nod my head. “They come off strong.” I say aloud.

Laughing loudly Jonghyun pats my back, causing me to flinch. “You’ve got to hang out with us, they’re a riot.”

“I…” Walking over to buy milk and stuff I look up at him, “I don’t think I can.”

“Why?” He asks furrowing his brow. “The guys said you helped them out. Key even likes you, and Key doesn’t normally like someone right away.”

Letting out a long sigh I look at Jonghyun, he seems like a person I could get along with but like Miss Kim says small steps. “Jonghyun I just can’t do large groups of people.”

“So…” He mumbles looking at me. “Maybe then we could try something.”

“Maybe.” I say heading towards check out. “Maybe…”

“Would it be too much to ask why just me?” He asks. “You don’t seem like the type of person to fixate over one guy.”

Walking around the store I nod my head. “It’s not something I can just share.”

“Will you tell me eventually?”

“Maybe…I don’t know.” I tell him getting in line, him right behind me.

Leaving the store with our groceries Jonghyun and I walk in silence to our apartment building.

“You know it isn’t too healthy keeping to yourself all the time.” Jonghyun says as we board the elevator. “It’ll make people worry about you.”

Keeping silent I glance at him nodding my head; I wanted to tell him that I wasn’t worried about people being worried about me, besides Miss Kim.

“Well how about tonight we eat dinner together?”

Nodding my head again I smile a little bit. “Alright, that doesn’t sound too bad.” Still hesitant and it’s killing me, killing me that I can’t just trust him, I can’t just let myself believe he won’t hurt me.

“Good, good.” Jonghyun says as our floor comes. “My place or yours?”

Biting my lip I get off stopping at mine. “Either is fine.” I whisper. “Just let me put my groceries up.”

“Alright, well I guess your place would be better, I still have boxes to unpack.” He says itching the back of his head. “I’ll be over in a few to help.”

“Alright, just knock.” I tell him forcing a smile as I open my door, letting it swing shut I rush into the kitchen to put everything up, all the produce and boxes in their places, when a knock comes, quickly going to answer it I see Jonghyun smiling.

“Hey, sorry something just came up, but I hope we can do dinner another night.” He says a bit out of breath.

“Of course.” I tell him relieved that I didn’t actually have to have dinner. “Well you better get going.” I tell him smiling.

“Alright, you sure it’s alright?”

“It is perfectly ok.” I tell him happily. “We can always try later.”

“Yeah, alright well here’s my number, give me a call alright? And have good night alright?”

“Sure, sure.” I tell him closing the door after taking the slip of paper with the numbers written neatly on it, placing it by the phone on my kitchen counter.

Walking back to the couch I take my seat near the box I still haven’t opened, but as I sit I realize I feel a twinge of disappointment, I wanted to I think at least to eat dinner with him a little bit.

Gingerly picking the box up I set it on the counter pulling out a pair of scissors I run the blades along the tape releasing the bind holding the top closed.

Carefully opening the box, looking in I feel all the memories spilling back into my mind, all the things I’ve fought so hard to forget coming back. Pushing the box away and the contents I pull my legs close to my chest, rocking back and forth I feel the tears stream down my face the warm salty liquid that only reinforced the trauma, slowly I reach out for the phone my hand shaking, my fingers trembling as I type the number in, hearing the ring, pleading for him to answer, pleading for him to come to my rescue.

“Hello?”

“Jonghyun…” I murmur tears falling rapidly as I press myself against the counter, my voice relaying the urgency of the situation.

“Sunyoung?!” He asks “Is anything wrong? Hello?”

Biting my lip I decide to let it all go. “C-c-c-c-c-c-can you please come over?” I cry out as I pass into hysteria.


I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, sorry for the long wait; a lot of stuff has been going on. I'm not too sure when I'll be able to update again, but I'll try to post another chapter soon (:

Comment and subscribe!!