Chapter 2- Haemin's Difficulties

My Love Story

 

The day ended horribly. First, it was some well-known artist, then my ankle. How could my day get any better? I thought to myself. The last few hours of school passed quickly. Knowing that it was the end of school, I smiled happily. I was packing my bag when Taemin came over and said “Haemin-ah, you are supposed to give me extra tuition. At your house?” I said “Oh yeah... I kinda forgot. But ok. At my house it is.” He smiled cutely and skipped out of class, waiting at the entrance of the classroom before proceeding to the main gate with me. I called my chauffeur to come and pick us up. After a short while, we arrived at my house.

 

Taemin's Pov

 

We arrived at Haemin's house after a chauffeur dropped us off. I was so shocked when I stepped off the car. Her house... Was... Beautiful. The house was an oddly shaped building. The walls were snow white and a big gate led us into the house.

 

There were 2 cars- a 612 Scaglietti and a F430 Spider. I walked into the house. The floor was marble. The full-length curtains were open and I saw a swimming pool and a small waterfall at the back of the house. There were comfy chairs with big umbrellas shading them, a barbeque area and a hammock that was tied between two palm trees. In the house, the kitchen islands were clean and was an open-concept kitchen. Things were neatly placed and even the kitchen looked so beautiful. There was a short flight of stairs and I looked around the second level. The second level had two rooms- Guest rooms and a bathroom. The third level had Haemin's room and another room. There was a guest bathroom across the other side of the corridor. I noticed a lift next to the bathroom. I walked up to the last level and was surprised at what I saw. It was a dance room. Mirrors filled the walls. Ballet shoes, dance heels, pointe shoes were in a glass cupboard. Another glass wardrobe next to it was full of dance leotards, costumes, dance pants, dance tights and dance shirts. There was a big bathroom next to the glass wardrobe and was full of makeup. There was everything you will need for a concert- Hair gel, hair spray, makeup, bun nets, pins, etc. I walked down the stairs, popping into Haemin's room. Her room was perfect. The walls were painted in different shades of purple. The bed sheets were in a slightly lighter shade of purple. The desk was white along with a white chair. There were bookshelves filled with notes and books and a white armchair next to it. The full-length curtains were purple and were open, revealing the full-length window. It overlooked the swimming pool. There was a big bathroom on the left. I went down to the living room and Haemin was already sitting at the coffee table, waiting for me to start Math.

 

I smiled embarrassingly and chuckled while walking down the stairs. She asked with her angelic voice “Do you want anything to drink before we start the Math tuition?” I asked for water and she immediately stood up and took a bottle of water from the refrigerator. She was explaining for hours and she finally covered all the topics. I could only understand the concepts when she was saying it. After explaining, she looked at her watch and said “Oh no! It's so late... I'm so sorry Taemin. It's already 7pm. Will your parents scold you? I am so sorry.” She was apologizing non-stop. I cut her off, saying “Never mind. You know I live in a dorm with the members right? I'll just give them a call and tell them I'm eating dinner with you.” She opened , wanting to say something but closed it afterwords. I asked her “What do you want to eat?” She said making a cute thinking face “Umm... Jjajangmyeon?” I nodded and called for delivery. I asked her “So, tell me more about yourself.” *pretends to hold a fake mic* She chuckled and said “Umm... My name is Haemin. I am 18 years old. My birthday is on the 18th of July. I don't and I'm not allowed to do anything besides studying, reading novels and non-fiction books. I spend most of my time in the dance room dancing and practicing all the different kinds of dances.” I said “Ahh... I see... Now it will be my turn. My name is Lee Taemin. I am also 18 years old. My birthday is also on the 18th of July. I am the dance machine of SHINee. I love dancing and to be honest, I practice dance for 6 hours everyday. I like listening to music and I like Harry Potter. My dorm is near my home so I can always go home to visit my family. I have two dogs and I am the closest with Key.” She was about to say something when the doorbell rang. I stood up and went to the door and then brought in our Jjajangmyeon. I paid for it and went back to my original place with the Jjajangmyeon.

 

Haemin's Pov

 

It seems like I knew Taemin for a long time. It's lucky on how close his dorm is to his home. I don't even see my parents. No one to care for me until Taemin came. I was surprised that our birthday was on the same day. I was going to tell me about my parents but the delivery came so I just kept my mouth closed.

 

He came back with the Jjajangmyeon and he asked me “So what was it you wanted to say earlier?” I said “Umm... It doesn't matter. Let's eat.” He frowned at me and pestered me to tell him. I said “Fine. But let's eat first alright?” He took his bowl of Jjajangmyeon and stuffed his mouth with it. He asked with his mouth full “Tell me now.” I said “Umm... Ok... My dad is a surgeon and my mum is a barrister. They are kinda always not home. I'm really happy that you came along, Taemin. Because no one cares about me and it may seem that I am really happy because I'm rich but actually, I have no friends and because my parents have high expectations for me, I am really pressurized. I hope you won't do the same...” Before I continued, tears were rolling down my cheeks. I looked up and sniffed, hoping I won't embarrass myself in front of Taemin. He asked “Haemin-ah, why are you crying? It doesn't matter if no one cares for you or wants to be your friend or anything. Because I will. Here, my number. I hope you will call me when you are feeling down or when you need to talk to someone. Ok?” I smiled while wiping my tears and said “Thank you Taemin. I really appreciate it.” He checked his watch and said “Oh no! It's 9 already? I have to go. Hyungs going to kill me. Bye Haemin! See you tomorrow! Call me!” He took his bag and rushed out of the door, waving excitedly.

 

Taemin's Pov

 

I gave her my number. Hope she calls... That warm feeling... It warms up my heart.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey :) How was the story? I might be updating this weekend. The exams are finally over!!! Today was the last paper! So happy. :) Taminnie? Is he starting to like Haemin? Read it in the next few chapters. I hope you liked the fanfiction