Chapter 1- A New Student

My Love Story

 

Hearing small little whispers at every corner of the classroom made me wonder what the hot topic was about. Everyday, without fail, I will hear something new about a student in school. Ignoring everything in the class room, I read my book silently and revised for the next month's class test. The classroom suddenly went quiet as I saw Mr Kim, my Science teacher walking in. Behind him, was a shy boy with blonde hair. He looked really innocent but his hair was dyed so it gave me a bad impression although he looked really cute with that hairstyle.

 

After greeting Mr Kim, we all sat down and listened to what he was going to say. He said “I'm sure you all know about the new student. I'll let him introduce himself. Taemin, come here.” He walked slowly to the middle of the class as all the attention was on him. He cleared his throat nervously and said “Hello. My name is Taemin and I hope you all know who I am...” He looked around the class and disappointedly looked down until someone shouted “SHINee!” He looked up and smiled. He continued “Yes... I am from SHINee but please do not treat me differently. I hope we get along well.” He smiled and asked Mr Kim where he should sit. Mr Kim looked up and said “Hmm... I'll let you sit with the School's Student President.” Taemin asked “Who is she?” I embarrassingly looked up and raised my hand while biting my lip. He gave an 'O' expression and walked over happily.

 

Taemin's Pov

 

I was just staring at her for the whole Science period. She was the prettiest person I have ever met besides all the girl idols at SM Entertainment. Her big eyes, double eyelids and long thick eyelashes just complimented her hazel eyes. Her pink rosy cheeks and her high cheek bones just made her look perfect. Not mentioning her pink full lips. Her hair was everything. It was natural light brown with a tint of red, was slightly layered and was pulled back into a high ponytail. She didn't look Korean but mixed. Her school uniform was different from the rest. It was a short skirt with a tank top. I noticed she was wearing a pair a dance heels as well. I knew she was in dance but wasn't sure so I just kept quiet. She looked at me, realizing that I have been staring at her for the past hour, she looked at me, confused. I was so embarrassed but I just smiled and I got back a smile from her and she was seriously like an angel.

 

Haemin's Pov

 

At last, Science class was over. I was packing my bag for the next lesson when Taemin asked me “Hey. I'm Lee Taemin. Dance machine of SHINee. Nice to meet you. You?” I said “Hi. I'm Lee Haemin. I'm a dancer in the school's dance club. I'm in the school team that's why my uniform is different. I guess you might be wondering that. And I'm also the School's Student President and the top scorer. Nice to meet you.” He said “Oh... I see. Then we can talk about dance?” I smiled and nodded then continued to pack my bag. We went for the next class which was Maths together. Surprisingly, he wasn't that smart and Mrs Lee told me to give him more tuition after school.

 

*RRINGGG!!! RRRINGGG!!!*

 

It was lunch time and the bell went as soon as I went the English class as that was the period after recess. I put down my bag and took my dance stuff. I was walking out of the classroom when Taemin suddenly appeared and scared me. He asked “Hey, where are you going?” I replied “Dance room. Why?” He said “I wanted you to come have lunch with me but never mind. I'll watch you dance. Dance battle?” I giggled and nodded while going down the stairs.

 

I walked into the dance room and luckily none of the other school team members were practicing as I wanted the room to be quiet and just me alone but Taemin was an exception. I put on my ballet pointe shoes and walked to the CD player. The track that I was playing was 'Swan Lake'. I danced gracefully like a swan throughout the whole dance until a part when I had to do many pirouettes en pointe that I could not keep up with. One pirouette done... Two... Three... Four... Then the fouette... Then another set and another. The last set had six pirouettes and that was the hardest part of the dance. Looking at Taemin's amused face while doing the pirouettes, I fell on the 4th one. I winced in pain and Taemin came over helping me to stand up and asking whether I was fine. I nodded my head and tried to look alright but I knew inside that I was seriously injured. I continued from after the pirouettes to the grande jetes. I clenched my fists until my knuckles turned white because of the pain that felt like my muscles were tearing. The music finally ended as I sat down, untying my pointe ribbons and looking at the injury. My whole ankle was swollen and I quickly put on my dance heels before Taemin came over. He asked “Are you really alright?” I nodded my head and walked out of the dance room. I didn't want him to know how much pain I am going through right now. If he saw my face, he would think it was his fault and I'm not going to let that happen, feeling guilty.