Confused, Puzzled, Bewildered

" LUCIFER: TeLL mE yOuR wISh.. ? "

 

"Yah Yuri, what are you thinking?" Yoona asked.

         Yuri immediately rubbed her eyes and looked at Yoona.

"What are you saying?" Yuri asked back.

"You were staring blankly at those folded sheets."

"Joseonghamnida. I was lost in my thoughts, I think."

"So, you're really sure about Minho driving you home?" Yoona whispered.

"When did I say yes?" Yuri said aloud.

"Sshh. . .you just nodded. Can't you remember?"

"Omo." Yuri said and looked at Minho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Minho was driving his car all the way to Yuri's house, to bring her home and so that she could take a rest.

"Are you really okay by now?" Minho asked.

"Neh." Yuri answered.

"Do you want something?"

"Oh, aniyo. It's alright. I'm stronger now."

        Silence.

"Ah sincha?! Why does he have to brought me home?" Yuri thought.

"If I don't make a move. She'll probably suspect me of the whole saving thing. I need to do something." Minho said on his mind.

"You're probably wondering why I was getting close to you all of a sudden, huh?" Minho started another conversation.

"Ah. . .neh." Yuri replied. " You're absolutely right."

"Well, I don't want you to suspect me or something but let me get this straight to you."

        Yuri gulped, and her palms were sweating even though the air-con's on.

"I. . .uhm. . .sort of, Hmm. . . I like you." Minho said and keep his eyes on the road.

        Yuri looked at him for a moment and turned away.

"Ha-ha." She managed to laughed. "Is that supposed to be a joke?"

"Aniyo. I'm serious."

"A-ha-ha." Yuri laughed crookedly.

        The awkwardness seemed to stretch like forever until finally they already reached Yuri's house.

"Here we are." Minho said.

"I-I-I'm going now. Bye." Yuri said, got out of his car and vowed. "Thanks for the ride."

"Let me carry your knapsack for you." Minho said, and they both touched each other's hands, getting the handle of the bag.

"Uh. . .thanks but I can manage." Yuri said and get her bag away from Minho.

"Okay then, bye." He said and drove away.

"He likes me? How come he likes? Is that why he's always there to save me?" She thought to herself. "Ah, sincha? He's probably playing around with you. Don't think too much."

"Araso." She said and smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You did it?" Onew asked over the phone.

"Yeah. She was hysterical, I guess." Minho said. "That was too easy."

"Yeah. That's what I've been talking about. Anyways, I'll be going now, I need to pay these guys."

"Oh sure. No prob. Bye."

"Bye."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, Yuri can't sleep properly. She's been thinking about what Minho had said to her while they were in the car. She tried contacting Yoona but her phone was switched off and so she decided to just write her thoughts in a paper and let Yoona read it the next morning.

The letter contains this:

          Yoona, something's been bothering me tonight that's why I can't sleep. There is this girl who's been being saved by a popular guy in their school several times. She have this quizzical look on her face when that guy saves her but right after the guy confessed to her about his feelings, her doubts fade away but still she can't be so sure that he really like her. So she's making a plan to find out about his true feelings for her. Could you give her some advice 'coz I'm weak at this kind of things.

Yuri