Jerk - Daejae

Drabble dump

Jung Daehyun is a jerk, always loud, always the center of attention.
The guy goes around saying things he's not supposed to say, making jokes that are not funny but people laugh anyway.
He's the school's most precious possession, good at sports, good at studying, always good grades always better than others, a shining star, shining so brightly it's blinding to a wallflower like Yoo Youngjae.
Youngjae is nothing like Daehyun.
He's quiet and not very funny, not good at sports, bad at studying, average grades and always just present but mostly invisible.
Jung Daehyun is handsome, thin frame, muscular arms, pretty face and silky hair.
Yoo Youngjae is average, chubby cheeks, toned arms hidden underneath the cotton of his oversize hoodie, boring face and restive hair.


Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae are friends.

 

There's no obvious reason for the repelling poles to be involved with one another but they are never the less.
 

"I love you" The jerk states like it's nothing, all casually and calm, with his hands in his pockets and a big smile on his face.
Youngjae sighs and rolls his eyes because he's heard that more than once already.

"Don't go around saying unnecessary things." He retorts and kicks a little pebble over the pavement with his eyes down casted to follow the small stone as it rolls over the asphalt.
Daehyun shrugs; hands still in his pockets and takes a step towards the younger who immediately takes one back.

"But I don't think confessing to the one I like is unnecessary, you don't like it?" He asks with mock hurt in his voice and his face looks almost innocent as he looks at Youngjae and his head a little.
"Why would I like hearing such rubbish from you?" The younger boy asks because Jung Daehyun just talks too much, he always does without thinking twice. 
There's a grin on the blonds face as he leans his head in until it's mere inches from Youngjae's, his eyes drilling into his with a mischievous glint.

"Because you feel the same" he says and his voice is velvet as he speaks, the confidence lingering in his statement making it sound ultimate.
Youngjae's palms are sweaty and Daehyun is too close, his breath too present on his face, his body curving towards his too much.

"I don't" He says and wants to run but his arms won't move to push Daehyun away, so he stands and stares, at the ground, because Daehyun's playful smile is making his heart ache.
Daehyun chuckles and shakes his head.
"But you haven't rejected me yet" he says and his hands are still in his pocket and his breath is still hitting Youngjae's cheeks and Youngjae still can't find the guts to just push pass the boy and leave him hanging.

"That’s because I don't take you serious" Youngjae says instead and that's the sad truth because Daehyun is a jerk and Daehyun likes to joke and it makes it impossible to ever take him serious.
Daehyun straightens his back and his head again, he blinks at the rigid form of his friend and Youngjae feels like he can breathe again now that the distance between them is back to how it should be.

"What does it take for me to make you believe me" the elder boy asks and Youngjae rolls his eyes cause this joke is being taken a step too far and it's enough already, they should head back to class.

"That's not necessary" he answers and really it isn't because it's getting ridiculous and he's tired of waiting for the point where Daehyun laughs and he feels embarrassed.

"Would a kiss do?" the blond ask and he's back in Youngjae's personal space, hands in his pockets, smile on his lips.
Youngjae's belly twists painfully as he stutters his reply.

"What kiss...that's disgus-"

Plush lips cut off his sentence, a smile against his lips like roaring laughter and that's where Youngjae decides he's had enough of Daehyun's bad humor.

"Jung Daehyun!" He yells and finally pushes the guy by his shoulders.
The jerk grins, his cheeky, sly grin that makes Youngjae feel stupid.

"So have my feelings come across now?" he asks as if he means it and Youngjae blinks cause there's a glint of something in Daehyun's eyes he's never noticed before.

"Don't talk to me anymore" He says and means the jokes and the puns and the stupid, stupid things that leave Daehyun's lips whenever he opens his mouth.

Daehyun's still in his personal space and it's oddly comforting when his hands come out of his pockets to lightly hold on to Youngjae's upper arms.

"No more talking huh?" he says and Youngjae nods, mouth dry and heart throbbing in his throat.
The reply comes as a chocked, breathy word because his eyes are fixed on Daehyun's lips and nothing is funny anymore and maybe it wasn't to begin with.
"Yes" 
Daehyun smiles and he's still a jerk, he still says things he's not supposed to say and things that are hard to take serious but maybe for once Youngjae will take the risk and believe what he said.

"Ok"
The jerk breathes and his lips are soft and warm and perfect when they meet Youngjae's again.