She Really Understood It!

The Sweet Second Life

 

My mom purred some tea up for the four boys who was sitting in my small living room together with me. Afterwards she sat down and looked over at me, still wearing my boy school uniform.

“So, let me get this straight. You’re saying in all that time you have said you worked by that Oppa of yours, you have been attending a boy school?” She asked… Once again, even thought we already have explained it to her two-three times.

“That… -Is true.” I mumbled and didn’t really dare to look at her.

“But it is my entire fault, mother.” Seung Ho said in a polite way as she looked at him.

“And you were who, again?” She asked.  

“I am…-Ji Hyun’s boyfriend, Seung Ho.”

My mother looked shocked at me.

“You even have a boyfriend without telling me?”

“No! No! That isn’t quite true!” I said overwhelmed.

“So you are saying that he isn’t your boyfriend?”

“He…-He is, but first from today off.” I insisted and was glad that my father wasn’t home right now to ask me even more questions. My mom actually took this situation very calm under the circumstances.

“I see… But, how did all this started? How did you get a scholarship to an all-boy school in the first place?” She continued.

“Well. That is a long story.”

“I have a lot of time so just take all the time you need.” She said.

“Okay. It all started at Oppa’s bar, actually in summer when he had an open mic. That time I met these four boys.” I said and pointed over at Seung Ho, Kim Bum, Hong Ki and Min Hyuk how all sat and waited for me to continue telling.

“That time we played some songs together at the bar and had really fun. Afterwards we sat down at got a little talk with each other and at that time asked Seung Ho if I didn’t wanted to have this scholarship to Eum-ag academy, which is this big, big famous music school that every talented rich kid attend and I couldn’t say no to it, because it was such big an opportunity for me, now that I couldn’t attend other schools because of my low grades. So, I asked Oppa about it and he said I should take a shoot so I rang to Seung Ho how had given his phone number to me.”

My mom thought about it.

“But, why did you offer it to her?” She asked and looked at Seung Ho. It was now his time to tell his part of the story.

“I and my friends are quite popular at the school and some of the head teachers asked us to find some talented person and offer him a scholarship. We entered the bar at that time because we had heard that there was an open mic and Ji Hyun fascinated me a lot, even thought I knew she was a girl because I had been there some few other times where I had heard she called that person for Oppa several times, and because I found it a little boring to attend school I asked Ji Hyun if she didn’t wanted to attend it, in that believe that she thought that I thought she was a boy. I knew it wasn’t something she just could say no too, and I was right. – But I have realized that it was stupid to ask her in the first place. If I wanted to have contact to her I could just have gone over to her and talked to her.”

I gave Seung Ho a surprised glare. That was indeed a detailed explanation and I hadn’t thought that there was laying so much behind the whole thing. – Wait, does he say he already liked me that time?

My mother nodded understandable and looked at me again.

“But you need to understand that you can’t keep attending that school.”

“I already know that mom. That is why I have told Seung Ho that I will stop attending it from the next semester.” I admitted and looked over at the other three boys who first have heard it now.

They all looked at little disappointed at me, but still able to understand my decision.

“That is great then, honey.” My mom finally said with an almost proud voice and a little smile around her lips.

“You don’t have to think about your father, I will tell everything to him, once you’re not home.” She added.

I smiled slowly.

“Thank you mom.” We both stood up and hugged each other. Even thought it was a little bit embarrassing when the other was looking.  

 

Our three friends had shortly after everything was okay decided to leave, which had made me sit alone together with my mom and Seung Ho. In the evening at that time it was time for my dad to come home, had Seung Ho dragged me out to walk a tour with him, so my mom could explain things to him without we had to get involved.

“What a day.” I mumbled and looked up in the sky who had turned dark for half a hour ago.

“I know and it isn’t even over yet.” He said as he turned around to face me with a boyish smile.