You're Kidding Me?!

The Sweet Second Life

 

SUMMER VACATION

For 1 month ago, at the last school day, something unexpected happened to me.

I was on a bar, owned by my Oppa. He had told me that they were having an open mic, so even thought I don’t really like bares, I couldn’t resist coming. Because I love music!

Anyway, I showed up at the bar. I was in an eager.

Oppa let me start. I went up on the stage, grapped a microphone and began to sing. As always, I was very claim when I was singing. – Not nervous, but claim.

As I was singing four boys entered the bar. I only noticed them fast, before I went back to the last few minutes of my own world of music.

When I stepped down from the little stage the four boys went over to me.

“That was really great!” One of them said.

“Thank you.” I replied and smiled shortly.

“You want to play with us?” Another of them shouted. He seemed a bit childish. With play he probably meant a song.

“Sure, why not.” I smiled once again, and we went up on the stage again and grapped the microphone.

One of them sat down by the thrums, a second by the guitar, and a third by the keyboard while the fourth took another microphone and smiled kindly to me.

We played very well together, and when we were done the people clapped and yelled at us. I went over to my Oppa.

“You should really consider making a band with those people.” He said and patted me at the head.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked and looked at him.

“You guys were really good!” He smiled.

At the moment he said that, the one of the boys from before came over to me again.

“What is your name?” He asked. It was the same person that had told me, my song was great.

“Kang Ji Hyun.” I answered and looked at him.

“I’m Yang Seung Ho.” We shook hands.

“Want to join us?” He asked and looked over at a little table where the three others were sitting.

“Sure.” I said, looked shortly at Oppa and went over to the three others, together with Seung Ho.

I greeted them.

The one with the childish personality was Hong Ki. The one with a baby face was Kim Bum. The one with the pretty side cut was Min Hyuk. – I tried to remember them.

All three boys looked at Seung Ho as they were waiting for something. It felt weird.

“Ji Hyun. Do you know Seoul Eum-ga Academy?” Seung Ho suddenly asked.

“Eum-ga?” I thought about it for a second.

“Ah! Yes! Are you crazy, of course I know.” It is a big famous music academy.

“What do you think about getting a scholarship?” Seung Ho kept on.

“A…-A scholarship?!” Like I just said, it is a big famous ALL-BOY music academy!

“Is there anything wrong?” Min Hyuk suddenly asked. I probably looked very weird at this moment.

They thought I was a boy! They really thought I was a boy! – No wonder, actually.

“I… I will have to think about it.” I hesitated. You couldn’t say no the Eum-ga! Impossible!

“Of course you have. You can just call me within the next month, and then we’ll find out of it.” Seung Ho said and found a pen and paper to write his number on. I looked down on it. They really made this easy for me. What a torture! I really want to go to Eum-ga! It is just so wrong!

“I will just go to the bathroom.” I sighed and stood up to go to the bathroom. Oh god, which door should I pick? I turned slowly around to see if they were looking, and then I hurried out on the ladies and took a debt breath while I looked myself in the mirror. No wonder they thing I’m a boy.

I observed my brownish tomboyish hair that almost stood out to all sides, and then I looked down at myself. I was wearing a big sized hoodie that almost fitted too two of me.

The mirror didn’t lie. I really looked like a boy. What to do?

 

At the same moment a lady came out from one of the toilet cubicles and almost came with a little scream when she saw me standing here… This didn’t help a lot.