Things Are Starting To Turn Out Weird!

The Sweet Second Life

A FRIDAY EVENING SOME WEEKS LATER

Everything was going fine. Seung Ho hadn’t mentioned anything about, whatever he had to admit to me, and Oppa, or Hyun Joong, as he was named apparently, hadn’t mentioned anything else about him liking me nor Seung Ho.

So, yes. Everything was fine. Wasn’t it? I just felt like… I needed to figure something out. Like an equation in math that want be right no matter how hard you think about it.

“Ji Hyun. Instead of standing daydreaming cant you go and serve table 5?” Oppa asked me and patted my head.

“Oh. Yes. I am sorry.” I hurried over to table 5 to take their order, feeling how Oppa glared at me behind my back to check on me.

As I was about to return to the bar a very familiar sounded behind me.

“Excuse me, waiter?” I almost froze by the sound and as I was about to turn around, I already knew what I was going to meet.

Seung Ho. – Standing there, looking surprised at me.

“Ji Hyun?”

“W…-Who are you?” I said hesitating and suddenly nervous and turned panicked my head to see where Oppa was now that I needed him the most. Lucky he was already heading towards us, so I hurried to turn the head back at Seung Ho.

“Ji Young! Don’t just stand there talking with the guest.” He shouted at me.

Seung Ho looked over at Oppa who now stood beside me.

“Aren’t you Ji Hyun?” He asked and looked at me once again.

“Ji Hyun?”

“Ahh… I guess you are thinking on her twin brother.” Oppa suggested.  

“Twin brother? I didn’t know Ji Hyun had a sister?”

“But, who are you?” I asked, trying to act as I didn’t know him.

“I’m Seung Ho. Ji Hyun probably haven’t mentioned me.” He said and smiled ironic.

“So you are Seung Ho?! Are you crazy? He doesn’t do anything else than talking about you.” Oppa assured.

“He doesn’t?” Seung Ho asked.

“Don’t you know him Ji Young? Ji Hyun mention the name Seung Ho every time I’m meeting him, don’t tell me you haven’t heard about him?” Oppa continued and I felt like hitting him.

“Oh. That’s true. I guess. It seems as you are good friends?” I looked at Seung Ho.  – He laughed?

“Yeah. I guess you can say that.”

I can’t believe that Seung Ho actually accept this stupid excuse, and think that I’m a different person? Does he really believe that?

I looked at him. He was hesitating a bit. He probably didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to do either.

“So… When are you getting off for work?” He asked all of a sudden, ignoring Oppa.  

“What?” I asked confused.

“I can follow you at the way home or anything?” He suggested.

“O…-Okay then. I guess that’s okay.”

“When are you getting off, then?” He asked again.

“Oh. In… eh… Half an hour.”  

“Great. I will just be waiting for you until then.” He said and sat down.

I hurried out to the kitchen, even thought Oppa looked like someone that had more to say. I took some dept gasp as the door to the kitchen got closed. I was so nervous out there; I almost forgot to inhale the air.

 

The last half hour I used out in the kitchen, because I didn’t dare to face Seung Ho right now. Even thought I knew I was going to do it in a little moment.

I left the kitchen and went into the bar again. I looked around.

“He went outside.” Oppa said slowly without looking at me.

“Oh. Okay. See you later.” I said and started to go over to the door.

“Aren’t you going to change?”

“No. I don’t dare to.” He would probably recognize me in my own clothes.

Oppa didn’t answer so I just continued and left the bar.

Seung Ho was really standing waiting for me.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“Yes.” I nodded slowly. Why did this feel so unrealistic? Why did it feel like my heart was about to explore? Was I about to go crazy? Everything was just turning out so unexpected.