How Could You

Beastly Blood

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't in my room.

I sat up in shock. I was in a big, fancy room with rich fluffy carpets, a Queen-sized bed, and rich oak closets and drawers. The cyrstal chandelier cast a very soft, dim light around the room, not very bright but not total darkness either. The french window showed darkness outside. The clock on the wall said it was 7:00. Must be the evening, then.

It all came back to me. Going to Yoseob's mansion.....then a freak drank my blood to the point of unconsciousness.....and that freak turned out to be a seriously handsome......vampire thing with fangs!

The second thing I noticed was that someone was angrily yelling outside my door.

My heart gave a sharp twang when I recognized the voice that was yelling -- Yoseob.

"What were you thinking, you bastard? She could have died!" He yelled.

"Calm down, Yoseob." The other voice said, much calmer than Yoseob's. This must be the vampire thing that  my blood. The VERY VERY VERY handsome vampire thing. 

"I lost it when I smelt her blood, okay? You should be glad it was me and not you or Kikwang.....you know that. You would have been horrified with yourself and Kikwang would have never let her go. So aren't you glad it was ME?" 

"No I'm NOT glad it was you!" Yoseob yelled. "Dammit, Junhyung, you could have drained her!"

Junhyung......that must be the vampire's name.

Why was Yoseob talking to a vampire so calmly? Shouldn't he be screaming and running in the opposite direction with both hands clutching his throat?

"Will you two shut up?" Another clear, slightly higher voice -- a new one, this must be the Kikwang person they were talking about -- spoke up suddenly. "She's awake."

I froze. How did he know I was awake? They were outside my room, and I wasn't moving, and the doors were closed.

The doors opened, and three extremely handsome boys walked in.

I gulped. I almost didn't recognize Yoseob. He looked......different. He was suddenly much more handsome, yet his face was still the cute boy I knew and loved. But he was changed. His eyes were sharper, darker, and lost the sweet innocence he used to have. His skin was as pale as mine, ghostly pale. And his smile.....that hurt me. His pure, happy smile was gone, replaced with a grim scowl that broke my heart.

"Are you......Yoseob?" I whispered. Wow, I sure sounded stupid. Of course it was Yoseob. His blonde hair alone proved it. Yet......he wasn't the Yoseob I loved. He was changed.

A brief emotion flashed across his face -- was it pain? It was gone before I could identify it. "Hello, Jimi." He said carefully, standing with his back to the wall -- as far away from the bed as possible.

Another boy I knew immediately. The vampire who my blood. He was even more handsome in the dim light. His intense eyes were focused hungrily on my face, and glinted dangerously. He smirked and winked at me, and my hands twitched towards my throat immediately, as if to protect myself.

He chuckled. Yoseob glared at him. "Don't go near her." He hissed.

I widened my eyes. He sounded.....menacing. Dangerous. Totally unlike the old Yoseob.

The other boy must have been the "Kikwang". He was very handsome, possibly the most beautiful out of them. He had very full lips and curious, enquiring eyes. His lips turned up into a smile when he saw me, and I almost forgot how to breathe. His smile was that dazzling.

"Hello, Jimi!" He said cheerfully, as though we were best friends. "My name is Kikwang, and this is Junhyung, and....well....apparently, you know Yoseob."

I stared frantically back and forth between the three boys (inhuman ones). Finally, I got my voice to whisper "What are you?"

Yoseob looked uncomfortable. "Jimi....I-I-I...."

Suddenly, he ran to the bedside, and blurted out quickly "I'm so sorry, Jimi! I know I've been such a jerk to you, but I couldn't help it, I swear! It was all for your safety, I didn't think I was strong enough to....I'm so sorry, Jimi, I really am! I still want to be your friend, I don't hate you! It hurts me so much to be away from you, but I have to...."

My head started to spin. "Wait, what are you talking about, Yoseob?"

"Well...." Yoseob bit his lip. "I don't know how to explain it to you...."

For a second, he looked sad and lost and hopeless. The sharp, angry expression in his eyes softened, and his lip trembled. I immediately wrapped my arms around him on reflex, like I always did when he was upset. I pulled him close to me. "Yoseob, please tell me, it'll be okay...." I whimpered.

Suddenly he was gone from my arms, and I was holding air. I gasped in shock.

Kikwang and Junhyung had ripped him away from me and threw him back against the wall in less than half a second. But the frightening, impossible speed wasn't what frightened me. At first, I thought they were jealous or something, but then I realized they had pulled Yoseob back for my SAFETY.

Yoseob's eyes had turned a crimson red, and burned as he stared at me hungrily. A dangerous smile half-appeared on his face, and he snarled ferociously. He struggled, but the combined forces of Kikwang and Junhyung pushed him back. I could see his canine teeth lengthening and sharpening before my very eyes, until they resembled more FANGS than TEETH.

I screamed.

Junhyung disappeared and then reappeared beside me in a fourteenth of a second, clapping a hand over my mouth. "Shut up, do you want to wake up the Newborn?" He hissed.

I didn't know what the Newborn was, and I didn't care. I twisted away from him.

They flinched, expecting me to scream again. But this time, I was screaming words.

"How dare you?" I shrieked.

Kikwang and Junhyung stared at me. They had expected me to be screaming in terror, most likely screaming the word "Vampires", but instead I was yelling at them, my eyes flashing with anger.

"How dare you do that to my Yoseob? MY Yoseob! He used to be a sweet, innocent boy, but it's all thanks to YOU BLOOD- JERKS that he's changed! He's turned into one of YOU! Change him back! You can't have him! Yoseob is MINE! He can't be a vampire, he just CAN'T BE!!!"

I stopped for breath, fuming.

"What....you....shouldn't you be screaming in terror and running away from us right now?" Kikwang asked in a weak voice.

"No. Ever since I was little, I could see ghosts and demons and things like you guys. I'm used to dealing with the supernatural." I muttered.

"She's amazing." Kikwang breathed, staring at me in awe.

"Jimi...." Yoseob whimpered. His fangs had shrunk back to normal teeth now, and the red disappeared from his eyes. He looked horrified and disgusted with himself. "Jimi, I'm so sorry...."

"Yoseob, it's okay!" I almost jumped off the bed and ran to him, but I thought better of it and stayed in the bed.

"No, it's not. I almost....I almost...." He clutched his head with shaking hands. "I'm so SORRY, Jimi.....but you were suddenly so close, I couldn't control it.....you have no idea.....how much it hurts......"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM?" I yelled at Kikwang and Junhyung again.

"Okay, serously, shut up." Junhyung said, looking irritated. "If the Newborn wakes up, then we'll all be in deep . Do you want this mansion ripped apart?"

I glared at him so ferociously that even the vampire had to take a step back. I glared at Kikwang, too -- since nothing was happening to him, I assume he must be a vampire as well. "How dare you do this to him? Change him back! Make him human!"

"It's impossible to change back." Kikwang said. "And by the way, we weren't the ones who changed him."

"You....you weren't?" I asked, confused.

Yoseob nodded, standing up slowly to his feet but staying by the wall, keeping a safe distance from me. "It was at that night when I disappeared. I was walking home from the bar after work when................................"