The Vampire Hunter

Beastly Blood

"A Vampire HUNTER?" I gasped.

"Dammit, he must have followed you from the Shadowrealm!" Kikwang groaned.

"Wait....what do you mean 'followed'?" Yoseob demanded.

Junhyung looked sheepish. "Er....well....you know how I said I got caught and was going to be executed for my crimes? Jang Hyunseung was the one who caught me and was going to....er....execute me. Before I escaped."

Yoseob snarled at him, his eyes flashing red. "You IDIOT! You just HAD to drag us ALL into this, did you? What are we going to do about Jimi? What about her safety?"

"She's human, he won't go after her!" Junhyung protested. "He only goes after Vampires, you and Jimi are perfectly safe!"

"You idiot Vampire, THINK a little! Jimi may be a human, but Hyunseung is still half-Vampire! He won't be able to control himself once he picks up Jimi's scent!" Yoseob yelled.

Junhyung's eyes grew wide. "Woops.....didn't think about that...."

"We have to get Jimi and her brother to a safe place!" Kikwang snapped. "Enough fighting! Hyunseung is in the house, we have to go NOW!"

Just then, the door slammed open.

Almost instantly, they all positioned themselves in front of me in a defensive stance.

I peeked over Dongwoon's shoulder to see him. The Vampire Hunter.

The first thing I noticed about him was that he had a very feminine face, and his eyes were the most beautiful feature. They were big and deer-like, accentuated even more so by the dark circles all around his eyes. However, they held the barest hint of pain and sadness....and loneliness.

The second thing I noticed about him was the weapons he was carrying.

He wore a big black cloak over his rather normal-looking jeans and T-shirt. The cloak was fastened up with a tiny silver cross. Hanging in a leather holster strapped to his thigh was the gleaming handle of a silver gun. A silver blade hung on his other side.

"Junhyung." Hyunseung whispered hoarsely. "We meet again."

"Jang Hyunseung." Junhyung muttered back. "Can't you give me a break?"

"No. You are a Vampire. I kill Vampires. You are also a criminal. Criminals must be punished. I have every right to kill you right now, as well as everyone else in here who has helped hide you in the human world."

"Why?" Kikwang demanded. "Why everyone? Not everyone here are Vampires. This guy here" he pointed to Yoseob. "is a Dhampir! One of your kind."

Hyunseung observed Yoseob coolly through his expressionless (yet beautiful) eyes. "A Dhampir?"

"Yes." Kikwang pleaded. "Don't kill him! He's half-human! He's only turned about a month ago, he's still fresh. He made the mistake of letting criminals into his house because he's so young, give him another chance!"

"That's right." Junhyung agreed. "We tricked him into letting us stay. Punish us, but let the Dhampir go free."

I gazed at the two Vampires in awe and growing respect. They were actually protecting Yoseob? My best friend?

Hyunseung gave what could be a wry smile. "No. Age has nothing to do with this. He helped the criminals, therefore he is just as guilty." He gazed at Dongwoon. "And you even let a Newborn roam free? Are you trying to kill the humans?"

"He hasn't killed anyone!" Kikwang protested. "He is different from the others!"

"All Newborns are unstable and violent and dangerous." Hyunseung snapped, an ugly look on his face. "We have to kill him too."

Hyunseung frowned, and he breathed in deeply. There was something in this big room, something human. He could smell the fresh blood being pumped through their veins.

He saw Doojoon sleeping on the bed. "What is this? Your dinner?"

Yoseob growled at him. "No. He's my friend."

"A Dhampir has a friend that's human? Nice try." Hyunseung's gaze immediately moved to the pulse on Doojoon's throat. He unconsciously his lips. He hadn't had anything to eat in a long time, and he was almost at the edge. Just a few steps to the bed and one swipe at the throat, and the human's own heart will pump the blood out of his body.......

Yoseob moved in front of him. "You're not touching hyung."

Hyunseung glowered at him, and in a flash of movement, he had his silver gun cocked, pointing straight at Yoseob's face.

"Don't think that just because you have Vampire blood it makes you invincible. Silver can kill you as easily as any weapon can kill a human." Hyunseung whispered. Yoseob paled, but didn't move.

Hyunseung's trigger finger twitched slightly. He was hungry, there was a human right in front of him, and the house was full of criminal creatures that are condemned to death anyway. Why not just have a little taste?

"No!"

I shot forward and threw myself at Hyunseung's arm, trying to push the gun away from Yoseob's face. It obviously didn't work -- that arm might as well have been made of stone -- but it did divert Hyunseung's attention.

Towards me.

Hyunseung's eyes widened. The human girl had the most delicious scent he's ever come across in almost two hundred years. My blood was so fresh and delicious he could almost taste it in the air.

His beautiful eyes turned a crimson red, and his fangs began to grow.

Yoseob launched himself at Hyunseung, and of course HE was able to throw Hyunseung off of his feet. "Don't touch Jimi!" He snarled.

Hyunseung growled at him and reached for his silver pistol, but Junhyung ran over and kicked it out of his hand, and the gun skidded across the room.

Hyunseung shoved Yoseob off of him and jumped to his feet, grabbing his silver dagger and unsheathing it. "If you all want to die so badly...." He snarled, the dagger glinting as it caught some light.

Yoseob, Junhyung, Kikwang, and Dongwoon circled him warily. They had to be careful not to get touched by that dagger. It could seriously kill them.

Hyunseung shot forward and jabbed at Kikwang, who dodged just in time. Dongwoon breathed in deeply and when he breathed out, he shot black-and-red flames at Hyunseung. Hyunseung slashed at the flames with the silver blade, and they disappeared.

Junhyung launched himself towards Hyunseung while his back was turned. Hyunseung turned around and caught his fist just before it would land on him. He slashed at Junhyung with the blade, but Junhyung kicked Hyunseung in the chest and pushed himself away just in time.

Kikwang, fangs bared, ran forward with the act of ripping Hyunseung's windpipe out with his teeth. Hyunseung dodged quickly.

I watched the fight in horror. I had to help them. Even four against one, there was no way they could win. Not when Hyunseung had the silver dagger.

Hyunseung looked like he was dancing, as he dodged in and out of the punches and kicks the creatures were giving him. He finally managed to place his blade right next to Yoseob's throat.

"Make a move against me, and I will kill him." Hyunseung said calmly. Junhyung, Kikwang, and Dongwoon froze.

"." Junhyung snarled.

"No!"

Hyunseung's head turned towards me when I shouted, and his eyes flashed red again from hunger. Then they faded away to be replaced with horror.

I had the silver gun in my hand, aimed towards him. My hands shook. I've never held a weapon before.

"Don't you dare touch Yoseob." I said in a trembling voice. "Or I'll shoot!"

Hyunseung gave a low, soft chuckle. "Liar, human girl. I can see your hands trembling. You won't have the courage to kill me. And by the time I see your trigger finger about to pull, I would have already slashed this Dhampir's throat out."

"If you kill Yoseob, or anyone in this house," I said. "I will kill you too."

Hyunseung frowned. No human had ever stood against him like that. Hell, no creature had ever stood against him like that ---- and lived, that is.

"I can run over there right now and incapitate you before you can move." He threatened.

"That's okay." I said calmly. "I will still find a way to shoot."

Hyunseung growled. "You wouldn't."

I aimed it firmly at his head. "I will."

He slowly released Yoseob, scowling. He's never been duped by anybody before, especially not a human.

"Don't think I'm a coward." He snarled. "I just can't die yet. I have things I must do first. But.......I am not leaving this house."

"Mwoh?" We gasped.

"It's my duty to kill Vampires, and all criminals of the dark. Every single creature in this house is a criminal. Therefore, I am not leaving until I manage to capture and kill every last one of you." Hyunseung said calmly.

"No way! Get out of my house!" Yoseob yelled.

"I'd rather you not do that." I said quietly. "These people are my friends, you see."

The creatures looked at her, surprised. "You're not......mad at us anymore?" Kikwang asked faintly.

I managed a smile. "No. You protected my best friend, me, and my oppa. I have to forgive you for that."

"HURRAY!!!" Kikwang yelled, and hugged me. "My bride has forgiven me!"

"She's NOT your bride, dammit!" Junhyung yelled, dragging Kikwang away. "She's my prey!"

"She's my best friend!" Yoseob yelled back.

Dongwoon just sidled closer to me and shyly tugged at my sleeve.

I smiled at him. "I forgive you too, Dongwoon."

Dongwoon beamed and hugged me. It showed just how much Dongwoon cared for me that he had enough self-control to not bite my throat right then. His eyes flashed red, but he controlled himself.

Hyunseung watched in disbelief. "Impossible....Newborns shouldn't be able to have that much self-control. They are mentally unstable!"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Hyunseung stared at you. Maybe this happened because of her........

I smiled at him. "Well, welcome to Yoseob's house, Hyunseung! Do you want something to eat?"

Hyunseung nodded slightly, still confused over the effect I had on the creatures in this house. "Okay, follow me."

I left the bickering creatures and walked downstairs into the kitchen, Hyunseung following me.

"So....creatures can eat human food...." I mumbled to myself, very amused by that fact.

Now that the creature's scents weren't blocking my own, Hyunseung could smell me fully. The strength made his eyes flash red and his fangs sprout out. It was just me and him in the kitchen. His body trembled slightly over the sudden transformation.

"What do you want to eat, Hyunseung?" I asked, my back to him as I faced the fridge.

Suddenly, I felt Hyunseung's thin but strong arms wrap around my waist. "You."

"W-what?" I stammered, gasping when he suddenly bit into my neck.

He slurped at my blood for a while, then I felt his fangs leave my body. He did, however, continue to up the drops of blood trickling down from the two puncture holes in my neck.

"I-I thought you were going to drink....everything..." I stuttered, clutching my bleeding neck and swaying dizzily. I was feeling very lightheaded. "D-don't all creatures just drain a human?"

"No, I'm saving you for later." Hyunseung said lightly. "Since I have to stay in this house, I might as well keep you alive for a treat now and then. You are delicious, no wonder they keep your here."

I blushed. That was a compliment......I think.

Hyunseung's expression softened when he looked at me. I don't know why, but when I look into her eyes, it makes me feel......human. I haven't felt like that in a while. 

Yoseob ran downstairs. "HYUNSEUNG! I HEARD DRINKING NOISES HERE! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?"

"I didn't kill her." Hyunseung said calmly.

Yoseob leaped at him in fury, and they proceeded to fight again. Luckily, Hyunseung had left his silver weapons upstairs, and it became more of a playful banter between the two Dhampirs than a deadly fight to the death like before.

I sighed. Things were going to get a lot more complicated from now on.