Casualties and Humanity

Beastly Blood

"First we have to rescue Jimi." Doojoon said as they followed G-Dragon out of the corridors. Junhyung was following close behind G-Dragon, slightly to the right of him, just like he would have as Second in Command.

"The cutie pie human girl?" TOP asked. "We saw her go into the Interrogation Room with the Capital Guards. We'll get her out easily, don't worry."

They turned down one of the seemingly thousands of look-alike corridors and stopped in front of a big, black door.

Taeyang turned the handle and smirked. "Careless Guards. It's not even locked." He swung the door open.

"Jimi!" Doojoon yelled, running to my side.

I opened my eyes and gasped, tears filling up my eyesight. "Oppa! You're okay!"

"Ji---" Doojoon gasped. "Jimi, what the hell did they do to your arm?"

"They didn't do anything......." I said hastily, trying to block it, but Doojoon easily grabbed my arm and looked closer at it, where there were big, shiny burns. All over my arms and face were large black, blue, and purple spots from where I was frozen by L. Joe. Some of the frozen skin had dried and cracked, leaving thin trails of blood dripping down my face and arms.

"Oppa, I'm fine......" I mumbled, wincing when he touched my burns. Junhyung, Kikwang, Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Yoseob ran in as well, looking shocked and horrified at me. "Those sons of es, I sweawr to god I'm going to kill them....." Junhyung growled.

Dongwoon and Kikwang ran over to release me from my chains. When I stood up, I was so weak I lost my balance. Yoseob caught me before I fell. "Jimi....." He looked horrified at me.

"I'm okay, really." I insisted. Hyunseung, who had put an arm out to steady me, stiffened, and I remembered the blood on my face. "Whoops. Sorry..." I said in a small voice.

"It's okay, Jimi, we can handle it." Kikwang said, but his voice sounded tight.

"N-no, I don't want to trouble you. I should clean it up....." I struggled to wipe blood off of my forehead. Yoseob hesitated, then leaned forward and my cheek free of blood.

"Ew, that's gross, Yoseob!" I complained. Doojoon looked sick but said nothing. "Shouldn't we get going?" Hyunseung asked. "Before the Guards come back?"

"No, that's not a good idea." Daesung said. "They would be able to smell her blood from far away if it's still fresh. Maybe we should get Taeyang in here. Yo, Taeyang!"

I looked up and noticed them for the first time. "Oh, h-hello. Did you help them escape?"

"Yup." G-Dragon winked at me. "I am the one and only legendary Leader and Commander of the Revolutionary Army. Pleasure to be of service to you and your friends, miss human."

I giggled at his dashing chivalry. "Thank you very much for rescuing them. And my name is Yoon Jimi."

Taeyang appeared and smiled handsomely at me. "This won't hurt." He promised me. He ran his hands along my face and arms gently, with the same force as a feather. I felt a curious tingling sensation along my spine, and I gasped when light blue sparks and flashes of tiny white butterflies appeared on my skin. I watched, fascinated, as they danced along my skin to my wounds and seemed to sink into my skin. A second later, all my wounds disappeared, along with the blood.

"How did you do that?" I asked in awe.

He chuckled. "It's my Ability. The Healing Hand. It's a learned Ability, so I can't use it very well. I probably won't have the energy to heal anybody else, so please don't get hurt, okay? We need Yoona at times like these -- she taught me the Healing Hand Ability, which is hers." 

Seungri appeared from the doorway. "Hey, some low-class guards are coming. We better split."

I struggled to move, but couldn't really make my legs go straight. They wobbled like jelly. Yoseob sighed and, with one fluid movement, lifted me up into a bridal position and began running after the others while carrying me.

"Y-Y-Yoseob, I can walk!" I stammered.

"You obviously can't, so just keep quiet, okay?" Yoseob said as they raced down the corridors at Vampire speed. I stared up at him. "Don't worry, Jimi." Yoseob said, sounding determined. "I'll protect you."

"Yoseob...." I said.

A few guards spotted us. "Yah!" They shouted.

"Whoops. We better get rid of them before they sound the alarm." TOP said cheerfully. He swung around in a kick and clipped one in the temple, and he crumpled to the ground. Daeseung incapitated the other. "Too easy." He sighed.

Once we managed to reach the top floor, an alarm began to ring. "It must have been the Capital Guards!" I said in shock. "They realized I was missing!"

"Or they saw the trail of unconscious guards along the way." Junhyung muttered to Hyunseung.

Guards of lower class began to pour in from every direction.

"Alright, everybody, listen up." G-Dragon said in an impressive, smart tone. "We are going to show you the highly intellectual way of escaping a fortress of death, okay? First, you knock out as many as possible---"

They began to swing out and attack the closest guards like animals, throwing them back to the surging crowd of guards to momentarily stop them. Hyunseung, who had lost his silver weapons in the dungeon, was still able to fight. Junhyung, being Second in Command, had strength and skill like I've never seen before. Kikwang and Dongwoon were formidable, too. Dongwoon swung his black-and-red flames down one corridor and the entire thing built a wall of flames, which made it impossible for the guards to penetrate and effectively sealed it off.

Yoseob and Doojoon hung in the middle. "What are we supposed to do?" Doojoon asked. "Listen to G-Dragon, I suppose." Yoseob said, still carrying me.

"Next..........." G-Dragon called out. He pointed at a humongous set of double doors that were open and revealed the night sky beyond. "..........YOU RUN LIKE HELL."

Everyone paused, then dashed off as one towards the exit. We managed to make it down the drawbridge, but at the very base of the castle, we were stopped by six figures.

"The Capital Guards." I whispered.

"Good to see you again, Guards." G-Dragon said easily, not sounding the least bit concerned or scared. "Haven't seen you in a while. What's up?"

"What's the Commander of the Shadowrealm Capital Rebellion Revolution doing here?" CAP asked quietly.

"Not really your business, is it?" Seungri asked cheerfully.

Changjo scowled and began to remove his glasses. Niel stopped him. "Don't do it."

"Why not?" Changjo demanded.

"Look, idiot." L. Joe said, pointing at me. "The human's with them. We won't be able to harm them at all."

Changjo muttered disappointedly to himself. "No, it doesn't matter." Chunji said, smirking. "Look at the human. She's scared out of her wits and disoriented. She is in no condition to use her Ability, especially one she didn't even know she had. It'll be fine, Changjo." Changjo's grin reappeared, showing his fangs.

"Get them." CAP said, and they disappeared in a flash.

Yoseob grabbed Doojoon and pulled him away just in time before Ricky landed in front of them. He grinned at me. "Long time no see, human girl."

"H-hello, Ricky." I stammered.

"Doojoon hyung," Yoseob muttered. "Get out of here. Head towards the woods as fast as you can."

"No." Doojoon refused instantly. "Not without my sister."

"If you don't go now, you're going to die!" Yoseob snapped. "Hyung, please -- I promise you, I will protect Jimi with my life. But now that my hands are full, I can't protect you. Go, hyung, please. Go."

Doojoon turned to me, and I knew he'd rather die than leave me.

"Go, oppa. Go." I whispered. "I'll catch up with you later. Please......oppa......"

Doojoon hesitated, then nodded. "Be safe, Jimi." He whispered, before dashing off towards the direction of the woods.

The fight was getting intense now. It wasn't just the hundreds of guards pouring out over the drawbridge, the Capital Guards were something else. They were fast, deadly, and their Abilities were a force to be reckoned with. 

Dongwoon quickly blocked the drawbridge with his black flames, preventing any more guards from coming through, but Niel threw a blue fireball at him and he yelled in pain. The black flames flickered, but Dongwoon staggered upright again and they returned to full power. However, he was clutching his left arm tightly, which hung limply at his side. Niel must have burned all feeling away from Dongwoon's arm, rendering it useless.

Hyunseung and L. Joe were battling each other, moving so fast it looked like they were flashing from one area to another. I could only see a flicker of them each time. But Hyunseung had no weapons, and L. Joe had his freezing Ability. He created a wall of solid ice and Hyunseung crashed into it. He staggered backwards, clutching his bleeding head.

CAP was the leader of the Guards for a reason. He was so deadly and strong it took the combined forces of Junhyung, TOP, and G-Dragon to even hold him off. They all bore serious injuries -- Junhyung had a large, ugly gash on his cheek that was bleeding hard, and he winced with every movement, as though he broke some of his ribs.

Kikwang was having a tough time along with Daesung and Taeyang. They were battling Changjo, who although wasn't as powerful as CAP had his formidable Mirror Eyes torturing Ability. His glasses were whipped off already, and they had to dodge him and not face him directly, or else they'll experience the mind-blowing pain Jimi and Yoseob experienced.

"Get away from Chunji!" Seungri bellowed, and Yoseob dodged just in time. Chunji chuckled. "Just be good little pests and let me knock you out."

"Don't forget his Ability!!!" Seungri yelled, and Yoseob quickly dodged again when Ricky attacked him. Pressing me tighter to his chest, he swung out with lightning-fast speed, and I was certain his foot would collide with Ricky's chest.

However, Ricky disappeared and reappeared behind Yoseob, who gasped in shock.

"Don't forget....." Ricky said in a sing-song voice, tapping the side of his head. "I can read minds. I know all your moves before you make them." Yoseob quickly dodged his attack and straightened up again.

"It can't be helped -- Jimi, go run with Doojoon. We'll catch up if we can."

"No -- Yoseob!" I begged. "No! Don't -- run away! Don't stay and fight!"

"I have to Jimi." Yoseob growled. "Just go!"

"I won't!" I yelled, clutching his shirt and burying my face in it. "It broke my heart being separated from you, Yoseob. Please.......I don't want you to leave me a second time."

Yoseob's face softened as he looked at me. "Jimi......I........"

There was a loud crash, and Yoseob looked up just in time to see Seungri block a blow by Ricky. "No time for distractions, blondie!" Seungri shouted. "Look out for the other one!"

Yoseob dashed to the side just before Chunji collided in the spot Yoseob was in milliseconds ago. "You're pretty fast for a filthy Dhampir."

"I -- am -- not -- FILTHY!!!" Yoseob yelled with rage, attacking Chunji. Chunji dodged to the side and smirked. "How are you supposed to fight me properly while holding that human at the same time? You can't even use your hands."

Yoseob gritted his teeth and resumed a fighting stance. "I only need my feet to defeat you."

"Oooh, arrogant and cocky, you are, Dhampir." Chunji chuckled. "And for a fresh Dhampir at that -- you're nothing but a baby compared to how long I've lived."

Yoseob snarled. "Who're YOU calling a baby, you disgusting Vampire?"

"We'll see." Chunji smirked, and he disappeared. Yoseob jumped up just in time to dodge Chunji's blow. He kicked at him, but Chunji swung away and attacked again. Yoseob blocked his blow with one leg and kicked at him with the other. Chunji, who wasn't expecting the kick, got it face-first and was flung backwards.

Swearing, he staggered back up and stared at Yoseob warily, impressed against his will. Yoseob possessed the natural born strength, accuracy, and wit of a fighter.

And he never loosened his hold on me either.

I was able to see others, who weren't doing as well as Yoseob. I knew we were going to lose.

If only I could do something............

But wait! I could!

I remembered what L. Joe said about my Ability, how it could only work if I wanted to protect other people.

Please, please, please! I thought desperately to myself. Please help me protect them! Please, I'll do anything! All I want to do is protect them.

LET ME PROTECT THEM!!!!

All at once, I felt that snap in the back of my head again, and suddenly I saw white.

White, oval-shaped smooth domes of light were suddenly incasing Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, Kikwang, Dongwoon, G-Dragon, TOP, Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung. All attacks suddenly bounced off. Kikwang, who was just about to experience the pain after being caught in Changjo's gaze, felt nothing. CAP backed away in horror when he realized his blows no longer hit Junhyung.

"Brilliant, Jimi!" Hyunseung whispered in awe.

Chunji looked thunderstruck. The tables had turned, just like that. Now, he knew THEY were going to lose.

Yoseob took a threatening step towards him, feeling an enormous burst of confidence behind the white bubble shield. "It's over, Chunji. The Capital has lost this fight. Give up."

"I'm not going down without a fight!" Chunji hissed, looking around for someone he could attack before his downfall.

My mouth opened in horror. Doojoon. I had forgotten Doojoon.

Chunji grinned at the running figure of Doojoon in the distance. He disappeared in a second.

"Hyung!" Yoseob gasped.

"OPPA!!!" I yelled back.

Yoseob dashed forward to stop him.

Doojoon, whose back was turned towards the battle, didn't see or notice anything. Not until he felt a hand clench on his shoulder. He turned around to see Chunji right behind him, his eyes red.

Then Chunji sank his fangs into Doojoon's neck.

Doojoon yelled in pain, bringing the battle to a halt. "Doojoon!" Junhyung yelled in fury. "Bastards!"

"OPPA!!!" I yelled again, willing the white shield into existence. It pushed Chunji away from Doojoon. Yoseob kicked him hard in the head when he staggered backwards and knocked him unconscious.

"Let's go!" G-Dragon yelled. "Fall back! We have to get out of here!"

Niel made as if to follow them, but CAP held out an arm. "No. It's pointless, not with the human's Ability protecting them. We wait until we see them again, and then we attack."

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Oppa! Oppa, oh my god! Oppa!" I sobbed. Yoseob lowered me to the ground and I ran to Doojoon's side. He had crumpled onto the ground, breathing heavily. Chunji had sunk his fangs in as hard as he could, and when my shield had pushed him off, he had clamped his fangs down hard as he could, therefore breaking Doojoon's skin and pulling a bit of Doojoon with him. A gaping wound was on the back of Doojoon's neck, at the very base of the neck near the shoulder. Blood stained the entire back of his shirt.

"Oppa, it's okay! Hang in there, oppa!" I knelt next to him and stared at the wound in horror. Doojoon made a funny gurgling noise, blood trickling out of his mouth. His body twitched and jerked.

I turned to the others, not surprised to see them keeping their distance, clamping a hand over their noses so they couldn't smell the blood, their eyes flashing from normal to red. Yoseob looked horrified.

Only Taeyang seemed unaffected. "I don't know how much energy I have left, but I'll try." Taeyang said desperately. He ripped off Doojoon's shirt and then ran his hands along the wound, and the butterflies appeared again, but not as much as they did on me. The bleeding slowed, and Doojoon's violent jerking stopped, but it was still gushing blood.

"We don't have time to try and save him!" G-Dragon said. "We need to get to the Revolution Fortress and get Yoona to help him. Only she can now."

"I'll carry him." Taeyang said, lifting up Doojoon onto his back. His wound continued to bleed down his , and his eyes were closed, apparently unconscious. Yoseob picked me up again, and I cried into his shirt. "He'll be okay, Jimi." Yoseob tried to soothe me, although he sounded scared himself. "He'll live."

"O-oppa......" I hiccuped.

They began to run, as fast as they could, so the trees on either side of me melted into a blur of a solid wall of colours. My tears blurred everything even further.

What was going to happen to my Doojoon oppa?