Capital Guards

Beastly Blood

When I woke up the next morning, the room was lighter than yesterday, but still dark. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Doojoon was already awake, obviously waiting for me to wake up.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." He chuckled.

"Morning." I murmered. He slid a half-eaten tray of food to me. "Eat. Hyunseung managed to get us breakfast."

I ate it gratefully, feeling extremely hungry. "Where's the others?"

"I asked them to give us some human privacy." Doojoon grinned, then his smile faded. "And they're also discussing something serious."

I finished eating, and the two of us walked into the other room.

Dongwoon jumped up immediately, and Yoseob ran forwards happily. "Jimi!!!"

I giggled. "Good morning, everyone."

I frowned when I noticed Hyunseung, Kikwang, and Junhyung were huddled in the middle of the room, muttering darkly to each other. "Whats' wrong?"

I walked closer and heard what they were arguing about.

".......big idiot, Kikwang! Why didn't you think about that when you were tinkering with that stupid Gateway?" Hyunseung snapped.

"How am I supposed to know a Tracker is placed on every Gateway to the Vampire Shadowrealm?" Kikwang retorted.

"What will happen when the Capital finds out our location, Hyunseung?" Junhyung demanded.

Hyunseung paused. "They'll send the Guards."

There was a low stream of swearing. "Not the goddamn Guards!" Kikwang moaned.

"Who are the Guards?" Yoseob asked.

"The Capital Guards are the most feared group in the entire Shadowrealm." Hyunseung muttered. "I don't think even I can beat all of them at once. They'll figure out who came through the Gateway thanks to the Tracker, and then they'll send the Guards here to........DISPATCH the criminals."

"So............they're Vampires?" Doojoon asked.

"Really, really strong Vampires. Descendants of the legendary Vampire warrior Arucard himself." Kikwang muttered. "I used to see them all the time back in the kingdom. Their real names are unknown -- whenever someone speaks to them, or they talk amongst themselves, they use their code names only. CAP, Chunji, L. Joe, Ricky, Niel, and Changjo."

"." Junhyung snarled. "We have to get out of here."

"No point." Dongwoon whispered, and when everyone turned to look at him -- crouching in a corner -- he gazed up with wide, fearful eyes. "They're already here."

As if on cue, the door slammed open, and six of the strangest looking Vampires I had ever seen entered the room. They were, as usual, beautiful and inhuman, but the strangest thing about them was that they looked more like boys than dangerous Vampire warriors.

The leader had a cold, expressionless face, and lots of muscles that looked threatening. He had a curious blue highlight to his hair. "Jang Hyunseung."

"CAP." Hyunseung replied back with cool politeness. "What brings me the honour of having the Capital Guards come visit me at such a time?"

One boy -- who had pink hair -- scoffed. "Isn't it obvious, Hyunseung?"

"Calm yourself, L. Joe." One boy with blonde hair even paler than Yoseob's with strange brown-ish streaks said, smiling gently. He looked very feminine. "Dhampirs don't always notice the obvious. Let's be polite and tell him."

"If you say so, Chunji." L. Joe sighed. "The Tracker has informed us of your......criminals. May we see them?"

Hyunseung paused, a muscle in his cheek twitching furiously at the Dhampir insult, but he nodded. I slowly went in line with the others.

Two of the youngest-looking Vampires walked forwards. They both had pitch-black hair, but one of them -- who was wearing strange mirrored sunglasses -- had dirty blonde streaks. "My name is Changjo, and that's Ricky." The streaked-hair boy said in a bored voice.

"Let's see.......Junhyung -- charged as a criminal Vampire, wanted, worth 100 pints of human blood. Quite a record you have, Junhyung. You killed a Vampire?"

"What of it?" Junhyung growled through gritted teeth.

Changjo flashes him a sweet smile. "Oh, nothing.........but it's very curious......why is the Second in Command of the Shadowrealm Capital Rebellion Revolution hiding out in this dingy little inn?"

I was confused, but Kikwang and Yoseob looked shocked. "Junhyung........you are second in command of the Revolution?" Kikwang asked in a weak voice.

Junhyung said nothing, a dark shadow over his face.

Ricky moved along. "Prince Kikwang........charged with the theft of a Newborn, disinherited the family throne....you threw away all your power and titles just to perform little experiments on a deranged, murderous psycopath?"

"That power meant nothing to me." Kikwang hissed. "I would never get the throne anyway -- I have six older brotheres, if you remember, Ricky."

Changjo looked up at the tall Newborn. "And this is the Newborn in question -- Dongwoon? Why aren't you on a rampage and killing me now, you monster?"

Dongwoon said nothing, but his eyes flashed dangerously.

One boy who had hair that was half-dark and half-blonde -- who must be Niel -- peered at Yoseob curiously. "Who is THIS? I don't remember any records of this blonde boy."

"My name is Yang Yoseob, and I'm a Dhampir." Yoseob muttered. "Less than three months old."

"Interesting....." Niel grinned. His eyes widened when he turned to me and Doojoon. "Hel-lo. What is THIS? A snack?"

I shivered and moved a bit closer to Doojoon, who wrapped his arm protectively around me.

"What are humans doing in the Shadowrealm?" Chunji asked, looking curiously at me and smiling when I met his gaze.

"They -- er -- accidentally went through the Gateway." Hyunseung muttered. "We're trying to......to get them home."

"This is a serious crime, Jang Hyunseung." CAP smirked. "Don't you know humans are forbidden to be passed through any Gateway, no matter the reason?"

".....Yes."

"I think we should them all to the Capital."

Before we could do anything more, Chunji raised both his hands, his palms facing outwards to us.

A strange vibration ran through me, and I collapsed to the ground, unable to move. I saw the others do the same.

I began to feel sleepy. Very, very sleepy. If only I just close my eyes.......

"Sleep well." Chunji said lightly, his voice seeming to echo in my mind.

Then everything went dark, and I couldn't think anymore.