Separated Love

Beastly Blood

Grinning, G-Dragon and the other commanders hopped off of the Inccubus family of Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, Minho, and Onew, who although looking slightly gaunt-faced and hollow-eyed, looked healthy as ever.

Krystal looked furious. "How?" She screeched. "You filthy Inccubus' couldn't have healed from my arrows! They had silver in the tips!"

"Not when you have a fantastic healer on your side." Taeyang said, grinning. "And no, it's not me."

They stepped aside, and from the windows came the Vampiresses, pouncing into the room as sleek and graceful as cats. "Hello, girls." Yoona said calmly.

Jessica smirked. "Long time no see, Krystal."

Krystal's face contorted with rage. "Hello, unnie." She spat.

"You two are SISTERS?" I yelped.

"Yeah, but I'm much better-looking, don't you think?" Jessica said, giggling. Seohyun and Sooyoung tittered.

But they weren't done. Not only was Jaejoong's family of Inccubus here as well, but so were the other Vampires---Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, L, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and Sungjong. They grinned and said "Sorry. Are we gatecrashing?"

"Kill them! Kill them all!" The Queen screamed.

I flet hope in my heart as I watched the battle beside Doojoon. I felt like we were going to win now. Our numbers were even, and we had tremendous fighters on our side. Yoseob was an absolute force to be reckoned with, weaving in and out and attacking anybody who looked like they were bringing down his friends. Junhyung, now that he knew his leader and comrades were safe, brought out his full potential and was showing the true strength of a Second Commander.

The Queen stood up, as well as the King. She raised her hand and screeched out "Let this curse bring you all to your doom!"

"I odn't think so." Dongwoon said calmly, and out came the black flames. The Queen and the King got hit full in the face. They screamed and writhed as they began to get consumed by the fire. Suddenly, both the fire and the royalty disappeared into nothingness.

"Your Queen-sshi! Your King-sshi!" They all yelled in shock.

Furious, Changjo removed his glasses. I wasn't able to stop people from screaming out in pain---I was weak, and for some reason the silver from the arrow prevented me from releasing my Ability. Sooyoung helped all she can, running her fingers on anybody close to Changjo to protect them for a few moments.

The Guards and the Assassination Squad was fighting harder than ever now that their beloved King and Queen was killed.

Chunji appeared again. "No Yoseob to save you?" He asked, smirking. I shielded myself and screamed, but just then.....

Doojoon woke up and, with a frightening snarl, flipped up and kicked Chunji back. "Oppa?" I gasped.

Doojoon's eyes were lined with heavy amd thick dark circles, but other than that he looked strong and healthy. "Get away from my little sister, bastard." He hissed, and proceeded to fight with Chunji with sudden Dhampir strength.

Kikwang suddenly appeared and knocked Chunji out from the back. He pulled Doojoon towards me. "You guys, get through the Gateway."

"What? What about you guys?" I asked. "We aren't leaving without you guys." Doojoon insisted.

"No, you have to go." Yoseob said, appearing beside Kikwang. "Please, hyung, Jimi.......go. We have things we need to finish up here. We have to destroy the Capital and then find a more proper ruler for this Shadowrealm." He gave a soft, pained smile. "This is no place for a human."

"I'm not human!" Doojoon protested. "Then who's going to look after Jimi?" Yoseob asked. Doojoon hesitated and closed his mouth.

"Well, will you come back once the battle is over?" I asked. Kikwang hesitated.

"Er......well.....the truth is, Jimi.....this Gateway only opens once every three years. Once you two go through.......we can't follow. Not for three years."

I felt a big lump catch in my throat. "B-but.....you guys.....why....?"

"Just go." Junhyung panted. "We'll come back, we promise."

"B-b-but...." The tears fell fast down my cheeks.

"The truth is, Jimi...." Kikwang said, smiling. "As much as I love you, you aren't the one for me."

"Yeah, I loved you too." Junhyung grinned.

"We all love you, Jimi." Hyunseung said, smiling. 

Dongwoon pouted. "I love Jimi a lot, but I guess Yoseob hyung should have her."

I was crying so hard I could barely speak. "P-p-please.....don't.....don't d-do this.....I want to go back together....w-we are friends.....we are family...."

"We have to go, Jimi." Doojoon said quietly, pulling me along.

Yoseob said nothing more, but as I stared at him, facing the thought of not seeing him again, I realized it then.

Yoseob wasn't just my best friend.

I loved him.

I loved Yoseob, my Yoseob. My angel.

I reached out for him. "YOSEOB!!!!" I choked out.

Yoseob realized what my answer was, and his face was filled with joy. "Jimi...." He reached out too, but then darkness suddenly swallowed me. I was spinning, around and around, Doojoon at my side.

"Ooof!" We both collapsed in the dusty attic of Yoseob's mansion.

I blinked and sat up. Sunshine. Birds chirping.

We were home, in the human world. It felt like years since we've been away.

I ran to the Gateway, but it became hard, like a mirror's surface. Crying, I pounded against the surface of it, but it didn't budge.

"Jimi...." Doojoon said softly. He gently placed a hand on my shoulder. Through it all, he somehow managed to control his bloodlust.

"J-just give me a second....oppa..." I said in a shaky voice.

He nodded and walked downstairs.

My eyes widened when suddenly the surface of the Gateway rippled, and the dark vortex beyond turned cloudy. When it cleared, I saw the chamber we were in. And Yoseob, staring out back at me.

"Yoseob!" I yelped joyfully. "But how...."

"I guess you can talk through this thing too..." Yoseob said. "Jimi....."

I placed both hands on the surface, as if I was trying to touch him. Smiling softly, Yoseob mirrored my movements, until both of our hands were pressed against each other, with only the Gateway surface between two worlds blocking us.

"I love you, Yoseob." I said, my voice breaking. "If only I could have realized that years ago."

"Well, at least we know now, right?" Yoseob asked, smiling painfully. I realized then that the others must have let Yoseob leave the fight to talk to me, because none of them were shouting for him to help fight the Capital.

"I can't wait three years, Yoseob." I whispered tearfully. "I don't think I can even wait a minute."

"We can..." Yoseob whispered. "We have to.....just three years, Jimi, and then we can be together......"

I smiled through my tears. "When I first saw you, Yoseob....I thought you were the cutest thing I have ever seen. You looked like a little angel----MY angel. I thought you were going to be my guardian angel forever."

Yoseob smiled and said nothing. True love doesn't need to be spoken in words.

We stayed like that for a long time, just staring at each other, until the Gateway turned cloudy and dissolved, and I was staring at my own reflection.

Just three more years, and my family would come home again.

Just three more years, and my angel would be with me.