Inccubus Cave

Beastly Blood

Taemin's wings flapped as he lowered me to the ground. We were at a big, flat surface on top of a large, black-rock mountain. I screamed. It was so dark I couldn't see how far up from the ground we were. "YOSEOB!!!" I shouted desperately.

"Your screaming is starting to annoy me, sweetheart." Taemin frowned, as his wings folded up and disappeared. "Now, come along please." He grabbed my arm in a vice-like grip and pulled me into the opening of a large cavern. You couldn't see anything.

"I'm home, brothers!" Taemin called.

There was a flutter of movements. "Where have you been, Taemin?" Someone demanded in a hoarse whisper, somewhere above you. "Your brothers and I have been expecting you."

"I'm sorry, Minho. I ran into a little snack on the way." Taemin smirked, gesturing to me. There was more movements and whispers.

"Who and what is this?" Another whispered. The voice seemed to come from your right.

"She is a human by the name of Yoon Jimi. Somehow, a band of dim-witted creature brought her to the Vampire Shadowrealm. I snatched her from them." Taemin sounded extremely pleased with himself.

"Good job, young one." Another said. This one was so close I could feel his breath on my ear. Something ice-cold my cheek, and I flinched. "I can feel the blood rushing through her veins. Fresh and young."

Taemin's bright eyes peered into the gloom. "I can sense more than just my four brothers in here. Who else is here, may I ask?"

"We have another Inccubus family joining us." Someone said quietly.

"As always, it's a pleasure to be with you and your brothers, Taemin." A different boy, sounding much closer to a man, spoke.

"Ah." Taemin said, smiling and revealing his fangs again. "That will be Jaejoong. I'm glad you and your family are here to enjoy the feast."

"Of course."

I shivered while this whole exchange was going on. I had to get out of here.

I turned to reach for the dark light outside that was still lighter than the pitch-black darkness of the cave, but Taemin grabbed hold of my arm and there was no way I was going to wrench myself free without popping my arm out of my socket first.

"Stay." He whispered, bringing me closer to him. I shivered. The Inccubus' were even colder than the Vampires.

"Why don't we give the poor girl some light?" A boy said. I recognized his voice as the one Taemin called Minho. There was a loud noise that sounded like a clap, and an orb of light appeared in the gloom. This looked just like the thing Yoseob used to light the way when he kidnapped me, a "starlight", except this one was much bigger and filled the large cavern with a flickering glow.

I gasped. There was ten Inccubus' in the cave, including Taemin. They were all handsome and beautiful, with fragile-looking features, and long fingers and limbs. All of their eyes were mesmerizing and dangerous to look at, and they all wore pitch-black robes that was in stark contrast with their snow-white skin.

"So this is Yoon Jimi." An Inccubus with high cheekbones and slanted, cat-like eyes was closest to me besides Taemin. He leaned in even closer to me, and I flinched away. "She's a beauty, she is." He my cheek, and I shivered under the freezing touch.

"Stop touching her, Key." Another snapped harshly. He had dirty blonde hair that reminded me of Yoseob, except his wasn't as pure blonde as Yoseob's was. The memory of it brought tears into my eyes. Yoseob........

"Aww, look what you did to her, Jonghyun! You made her cry." One Inccubus moved closer to me and smiled. He had a very sweet smile, but that made me distrust him even further. However, he seemed genuinely concerned about my comfort. 

"My name is Onew, and I am the leader of my family. I see you are already acquainted with Taemin. Don't mind him -- he may look cute and innocent on the outside, but he's a demon on the inside." Taemin glowered coldly at him, but didn't dare hit his hyung.

"That boy over there is Key, the angry one is Jonghyun, and the Inccubus over there is Minho." He explained softly, pointing to each Inccubus in turn.

I looked over. The Inccubus Minho was probably the most beautiful of that family other than Taemin. He had an almost model-esque beauty, with big eyes, long hair, and a perfect complexion. He looked at me, interested, but made no move to go closer to me.

Another Inccubus moved, and his family resembled more of a man than the other family. He was easily the most beautiful out of his family and resembled the ancient stone statue carvings of a god. "Hello, pretty human girl. I am Jaejoong." He said, smiling at you and winking. "And this is my family." He gestured to the manly Inccubus'.

One of them who was tall, handsome, and confident smiled at you. "Hello, human girl. My name is Yunho, and I'm the leader of this family."

Another with a rather quiet, calm air around him said "My name is Yoochun." He looked at you with an interested curiosity.

The next Inccubus was easily the cutest of the members, with an almost childlike face. When he spoke, his voice was higher than Taemin's. "I am Junsu!" He said, giving me a sweet smile that reminded me of Yoseob's personality.

There was another Inccubus, but he sat crouched in a corner like Dongwoon often did and said nothing. "Oh, don't mind him." Jaejoong said. "He's Changmin, and he usually never speaks."

I looked around the cave in horror. So many of them resembled the people I loved.

Junsu's cute and strangely bubbly personality that didn't fit his dangerous Inccubus appearance reminded me strongly of Yoseob and how he behaved.

Changmin crouched silently in a corner like Dongwoon constantly did, out of the way and happy just observing and not participating.

Jonghyun's agressive and angry personality reminded me a lot of Junhyung.

Jaejoong's dashing chivalry towards me was a lot like how Kikwang treated me, as if I was a princess.

Yoochun had an interest, a curiosity, in me, but made no move to go any closer to me. It reminded me of how Hyunseung acts -- keeping his distance but interested in me all the same.

And Onew -- the way Onew told off anyone who got too close to me, or said something too frightening that suggested my ultimate demise as their dinner. He seemed to want me to spend my last moments happy. It reminded me so much of Doojoon -- acting like a protective older brother -- that I really almost cried right then and there.

They were horrible scary creatures that were going to eat me in the end.............but they reminded me so much of the people I loved and cared for. And the way they treated each other -- you could tell they really were a family.

I had to escape. If I stayed here for too long, they'll eat me. If I stayed here long enough for the others to come and rescue me, they'll definitely kill the Inccubus', and I didn't want them to kill a family. I didn't want to hurt the Inccubus', the creatures that so resembled the people I loved and cared for.

When Taemin was distracted, I pulled out of his grip and ran out of the mouth of the cave. I skidded to a stop when I reached the edge of the cliff, and held my breath. I could hear angry yells inside the cave.

I screamed as loud as I could "YOSEOB! JUNHYUNG! KIKWANG! DONGWOON! DOOJOON OPPA! HYUNSEUNG! HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!"

I heard more angry voices that were getting closer and closer. "Yoon Jimi! Human girl! Come back here right now!"

"Let's just eat her already." I heard Jonghyun growl, sending chills of fear down my spine.

I squeezed my eyes shut and jumped off the cliff.