Dark Side

Beastly Blood

I ran back to my house and pushed open the door. "Oppa!"

Doojoon gasped when he saw me and grabbed me, pulling me into his arms. "Jimi! Oh, thank god! I was beginning to think........how are you? Do you feel better?"

"Better than ever now that I'm with oppa!" I said, smiling happily.

Doojoon smiled lovingly back at me, and ruffled my hair. "Come on, kid, you better go to bed."

"Aww, oppa, I'm not tired." I pouted.

"Well, I am. So go!" He chuckled.

I went into my room and lay on the bed. I missed my room.

I closed my eyes and slept happily.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

A WEEK LATER

"Goobye, Nayoung!" I called.

"See you tomorrow, Jimi!" Nayoung said, waving.

I waved back and skipped cheerfully back home.

I had a very optimistic attitude lately, especially since I haven't been seeing as much demons and monsters as I used to. Nayoung was a classmate of mine who was slowly becoming a friend. At least, I hope so.

I felt powerful, strong, and carefree. No more ghost girl. No more creepy loner who had to rely on Yoseob and Doojoon oppa to live in society. I was turning over a new leaf. I was going to make friends and live life the way I wanted to.

I felt bad I haven't gone to visit Yoseob and the others lately, but I was so busy with all the schoolwork and exams lately. The teachers didn't cut me much slack, so I had to work double-hard to catch up.

But it's okay, I'm sure they were fine on their own.

Besides, it's only been a week. They couldn't get too crazy in only a week, could they?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Back in Yoseob's mansion, they were slowly going crazy.

Junhyung started to lose his temper more and more frequently, and fought with everyone.

Dongwoon spent most of his time locked up in his cellar slowly losing the little control he kept when Jimi wasn't around to help him.

Kikwang also spent his time shut up in his bedroom, doing who-knows-what. He was quiet and rarely spoke these days.

Yoseob found himself constantly staring at a picture of you that he had, back when he was human. You were laughing and smiling at the camera, so sweet and innocent and pure, like an angel.

He your face in the picture, then leaned over and kissed your photographed face.

"I've loved you for a long time, Jimi." Yoseob whispered hoarsely. "Ever since I first met you back in Grade 5. I can't live without you, Jimi. Why did you leave me? Why did you leave us? Why? Wer'e all slowly dying in here, Jimi............."

There was a sudden booming crash, and an earsplitting shriek.

Yoseob stood up quickly, his half-human heart hammering in his chest. Dongwoon was losing his sanity.

He ran down to the dark cellar, and saw Dongwoon destroying the place again. Another few seconds and the black flames will appear again.

"Dongwoon! Calm down!" He said fiercely, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Think of Jimi, Dongwoon! Think of Yoon Jimi!"

Dongwoon's roars susbided, but his shoulders didn't stop its violent shaking. "I want to see her......" He moaned. "I want to see Jimi!"

Kikwang, who was monitering Dongwoon's behaviour for his research, suddenly threw down his pencil with so much force he pushed the entire lead out. "That's it! Everyone upstairs!"

Yoseob and Dongwoon followed him up the living room. Junhyung must have heard Kikwang's order, because he was already there waiting.

"We.......can't live without Jimi. That much is certain." Kikwang said slowly. "We......we're obsessed with her. And I have a feeling it's not just her blood we're obsessed with.....................it's her."

There was no words spoken, but you could hear the silent "yes" in the room so clearly it could have been spoken.

When Kikwang looked at them, his eyes burned scarlet, and he looked more Vampire than ever. "So? Why don't we take her back?"

"You mean, like....." Yoseob swallowed. "Kidnap her?"

Junhyung smirked, and his lips. "I agree with the prince on this one."

Dongwoon said nothing, but it was obvious he didn't care how Jimi came back as long as she did.

"Guys, that's not a good idea.......she might hate us. She needs to live her human life, and she won't stand being away from her brother........."

"Then we'll just bring her brother back too." Junhyung snorted. He smirked at Yoseob.

"Come on, Yoseob, stop pretending to be the sweet and caring best friend. We know that, out of all of us, you're the one that wants to bring her back the most, no matter how you do it or what the cost is."

Yoseob drew in a staggered breath of shock, and his eyes suddenly burned a deep, fiery scarlet. He unconsciously ran his tongue over the fangs that were sprouting from his mouth. He growled with pain and hunger, sounding more like a dangerous, wild beast than a half-human Dhampir.

"Fine. Then let's do it."

"Who should go, then?" Kikwang asked.

"I will." Yoseob hissed, trying to control the shaking of his hands.

"Okay.....then Dongwoon, you go with him."

Dongwoon nodded.

"Wait until after dark, then take them and come back within an hour." Junhyung instructed. "If they resist, just knock them out or something. I don't care about the human brother, but Jimi -- take care of her the most. She is our top priority."

That was the first time they showed the side of them that was truly Vampire -- cold, ruthless, merciless, uncaring of what happens to others as long as they get their way.

That was the first time they showed their dark side.