Long Love

Beastly Blood

Finally, the others were allowed out of the infirmary. I ran straight for them. "You are all right? Really?" I asked breathlessly.

Kikwang smiled. "We're fine." He stretched his arms. "Yoona healed us all up, it's like we were never injured in the first place."

Dongwoon said nothing but smiled shyly at me from his usual corner. I smiled back and patted his hair. I turned to look and counted those that had come out. Junhyung, Hyunseung, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung, TOP..........

"Hang on." I said, feeling a cold fear clench in my stomach. "Where's oppa?"

Hyunseung looked fidgety. "Jimi, listen to me. Vampire bites are pretty bad. And Chunji did something much worse. When he sunk his fangs into Doojoon, it wasn't to blood, but simply to wound. And, well, um, we think....." He swallowed. "W-we think he may have injected some Vampire blood into Doojoon."

I gasped. "What does that mean? Is oppa......?"

"We don't know yet." Dongwoon interrupted quietly. "He was unconscious most of the time, in what looked like a coma.......but we don't know how much Vampire blood is in him, and we can't get it out. If it's a small dose, Doojoon may come out with no side effects except maybe the craving for raw steaks. But if it's a large dose......"

"I understand." I whispered. I didn't want to think about that possibilty. Yoseob was bad enough, but not Doojoon. Not my oppa.

Yoseob came from the training room. "What's going on?"

Junhyung filled him in in an undertone, and I raced to Yoona when she appeared. "Yoona, my oppa -- is he okay? Is he alright? He's not.....changed, is he?"

Yoona gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, I don't know. He is noticeably paler than he was before, but that may just be from blood loss. Until he wakes up, we don't know if he's changed or not. Let's hope for the best."

********************************************************************************************************************

I rested my chin in my hands and stared at the wall in front of me. Junsu hopped to my side. "Jimi, what are you doing? Come play with us."

"I'm sorry, I don't feel like it." I said quietly.

Yunho and Key walked up. "What's wrong with Jimi?"

"I don't know, but she won't play with us." Junsu said, pouting.

Taemin crawled up until he was beside you. Very slowly, he pushed a glass towards me. "Does Jimi want some milk?" He asked innocently, tilting his head cutely.

"I'm okay, Taemin." I said softly. Taemin pouted too. "Awww, Jimi's not even reacting to my aegyeo!"

"There must be something wrong then." Minho said. Onew looked concerned. "Yah, Jimi, are you okay?"

"She's worried about her brother." Junhyung said, walking into the entrance hall accompanied by Hyunseung and Dongwoon. "And keep your hands off of her, we don't want Jimi to get dirty."

Jaejoong scowled at him. "Watch your mouth, Vampire."

"Wanna try me?" Junhyung challenged.

Changmin quickly went between them. "Hyung, this isn't the time. And we're on the same side now."

"True that!" Sunggyu called as he passed by randomly.

I looked up when Sooyoung and Taeyeon ran in. "Jimi! It's your brother. He's woken up."

I jumped to my feet immediately. "Really? Oppa is awake?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes, he is, but we still don't know -- oh, hurry, Jimi!"

I ran to the infirmary, closely followed by Dongwoon. Hyunseung and Junhyung were still bickering with the Inccubus' and didn't notice.

Yoseob ran to join me. "Jessica and Tiffany told me about the news. Let's go together." He glanced at a bristling Dongwoon, and added quickly "You too, Dongwoon." and Dongwoon relaxed again.

Doojoon was sitting up, his head in his hands. "Oppa!" I said, relieved, running over to him. "Oppa, are you okay?"

Before I could get any farther to the bed, Dongwoon and Yoseob had both held out an arm and kept me back. "Please stay behind us, and don't go too close, Jimi." Yoseob whispered. He walked forward slowly. "Hyung? How are you feeling?"

"M-my head hurts s-so much....." Doojoon groaned, clutching his head in his hands. "And I feel so d-dizzy."

"Is your throat burning?" Yoseob asked warily. "Do you feel a burning thirst?"

"N-no, not really........why?"

"Nothing" Yoseob said, looking relieved.

"What h-happened? I remember running to the trees, then something slammed on top of me, and the next thing I knew I felt this sharp pain, and then........."

Yoseob quickly explained the story to him. Doojoon's eyes grew wide. "B-but, then......shouldn't I be.....?"

"No, you're not a Dhampir." Yoseob said quickly. "If you don't feel like mauling something and drinking its blood, I'm pretty sure you're not a Dhampir. Maybe we were lucky, and Chunji's Vampire blood was pumped right out of your body."

"Yeah." Doojoon grinned weakly. "Hey, Jimi!"

"Oppa!" I said, smiling happily. I walked forwards to him. For a split second, Doojoon's eyes suddenly flashed a startling red. Then I was pushed back by Dongwoon again, and Yoseob had thrown an arm out in front of Doojoon.

Doojoon looked puzzled. "What's up?"

"N-nothing." Yoseob muttered. "Must be a trick of my mind......" He shared a look with Dongwoon, but they said nothing.

"Well, whatever." Doojoon grinned. "Come, Jimi! Let oppa have a look at you."

I grinned and bounded right into his arms. Yoseob and Dongwoon tensed, but nothing happened.

I hugged him tightly. "Are you really okay, oppa?"

"I'll live." Doojoon smirked. "And what's a war without any battle scars, huh? Check this out --" he turned around and I saw a faint crescent moon-shaped scar on his . "--although Yoona fixed it all up, she said that the scar would be there forever. Yoona sure is pretty, huh? I mean, are all Vampiress' that pretty?"

I rolled my eyes and lightly smacked his arm. "Oppa, now's not the time for girl-crazy hormones to kick in! We may have another battle to fight if we want to get out of here alive."

"Right." Doojoon grinned sheepishly. "What have you been doing lately, Jimi?"

I told him all about the things I've seen and heard in the entrance hall. Doojoon was just as interested as I was. Yoseob and Dongwoon watched quietly from the side.

"I'm going to go train." Yoseob muttered. "Dongwoon, stay here and watch it, okay? I don't trust Doojoon's blood right now, be careful." Dongwoon said nothing but nodded. He stood leaning in a corner of the wall and watched us talk silently.

Doojoon smirked when I finished talking. "Yah, did Yoseob confess to you yet?"

"Huh? Yoseob? Confess what?"

"Aish, he still didn't do it? That kid........."

"What's up with Yoseob, oppa?"

Doojoon chuckled. "You really are blind when it comes to these things, Jimi. Don't you know Yoseob has been in love with you for years?"

I choked on my own spit and started coughing. "W-what? What are you talking about? Yoseob's my best friend, he doesn't l-l-love me!"

"Suuuuuure he doesn't. Then why does he do everything for you?"

"Because that's what best friends do!"

"Best friends would train themselves to death every day so they can grow stronger to protect you? No, it's obvious. Yoseob is absolutely smitten with you. He'll probably die if you asked him to."

"N-no, you're wrong, oppa." I stammered, blushing.

Doojoon shook his head. "I can't believe you haven't noticed."

"It's not true, though!" I protested. "There's no way that's possible......"

"Well, it doesn't really matter whether he likes you or not, does it? What matters is whether or not you like him back."

I froze. "But -- well, I mean -- um -- he's just my -- only a -- well....." I couldn't find anything to say.

"You don't have to take what I said seriously, Jimi." Doojoon said, smiling evilly. "But I don't want you to get surprised when Yoseob suddenly goes down on one knee and ---"

"Oppa, stop it! I'm leaving now! You should get some rest!"

"Okay, have a good day....." Doojoon sang, lying down obediently under the covers as I stood up, beet red.

"Take care, oppa." I whispered, before walking out of the infirmary. Dongwoon stood there for a few seconds before disappearing too.