The Hunter

Beastly Blood

Yoseob showed me back to my bedroom, and I couldn't do anything but follow him helplessly.

I tried again. Even though he was different, and changed in ways beyond anything I ever imagined, he was still half-human. He still had a heart. He was still my best friend.

"Yoseob...." I pleaded. "Are you really okay with this? I'm your best friend! And you...you are friends with Doojoon oppa! Will you really kill him if I leave? Will you drink his blood until he was empty, and then throw away his carcass like he was nothing? Will you really do that, Yoesob?"

Yoseob paused. When he turned back to me, his face was expressionless, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"I need you, Jimi." He said finally. "You have no idea how much I -- we -- need you to be with us. And in order for you to ALWAYS be by my side, I am willing to do anything for it. And if that includes putting hyung's life in danger........" He swallowed. "I will do it."

"Will you really, Yoseob?" I whispered. "Will you really?"

Yoseob turned back and continued walking again.

When we reached my bedroom I walked in. I turned to face him, livid with anger.

"I'm disappointed in you, Yoseob. I thought you were my best friend. I thought you would CARE about my feelings, at least. But I was wrong. You're different, you've changed. You aren't the cute, sweet Yoseob I loved. I don't know who or WHAT you are anymore."

I slammed the door in his face.

Yoseob's face crumpled in agony. "I'm so sorry, Jimi." He whispered.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I wedged a chair under the doorknob so nobody could go in, and then pushed my closet and my chest of drawers in front of it too.

Then I went to bed, tossing and turning uncomfortably.

When I woke up the next morning, my bedroom door was wide open. The chair lay smashed into pieces in front of the door, as did my closet and chest of drawers, which were reduced to toothpicks.

I stared at the damage in disbelief, and Junhyung happened to pass by.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." He chuckled. "We'll get you another closet tomorrow, don't worry."

I glared at him, and he continued walking down the hallway.

As I walked out of the hallway, he called over his shoulder "If you try that again, we'll break your door down next."

I shivered at his threat, and walked downstairs for breakfast.

Yoseob beamed at me when I walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, Jimi!" He chirped, as if nothing had happened. "Want the usual?"

"I don't want to eat." I growled at him. His face fell.

"Why not? You have to eat." He demanded.

"Where's oppa?" I asked, ignoring his demands.

Kikwang, who was staring out the window, turned to me and smiled. "He'll be fine. He's just resting right now. SOMEONE went a little too far with the drinking." He glanced pointedly at Dongwoon, who was crouching in a corner of the room again. He shifted uncomfortably, looking embarassed and sheepish.

I would have normally comforted Dongwoon, but today I wasn't in the mood.

"I want to see him!" I demanded.

"Can't it wait until you eat breakfast?" Yoseob asked, pouting.

I almost agreed -- dammit, I forgot how cute Yoseob was, even when he wasn't human. "Ye----no! Stop that! I don't want to eat!"

"Please, Jimi?" He begged. "Come on, eat."

"I'm not hungry!" I protested, just when my stomach let out a rumble of hunger.

I blushed. "Not hungry..." I mumbled again.

Kikwang pushed me into a seat. "Stay down!" He ordered. When I tried to get up again, he put his hands on my waist and forced me to stay there. There was no use fighting a Vampire -- they had arms made of stone.

Yoseob slid a plate of my favorite over to me, and I couldn't help it -- I was actually starving. I ate it with relish, immediately. Yoseob smiled softly as he watched me eat.

When I finished, Yoseob took my plate. He scowled at Kikwang. "Yah, you can take your hands off of her now."

Kikwang smirked. "No thanks." He wrapped his arms fully around my waist and hugged me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

Dongwoon growled dangerously from the corner. "Yah, listen to the Newborn." Yoseob said smugly.

Kikwang scowled at Dongwoon. "You're very annoying, you know that?"

"Don't touch Jimi." He hissed.

I stood up and pulled out of Kikwang's grip. "Okay, NOW I want to see my oppa."

"Alright." Yoseob led me upstairs to another room in a hallway.

In there was Doojoon. His face was still pale but at least some colour came back into his cheeks. He was breathing normally, his chest rising up and down sotfly with every motion. Two faint pricks on his neck was still visible.

"Oppa!" I cried, rushing to his side. "Oppa!"

"He's just sleeping." Kikwang said. "He'll be alright. But he'll probably be in shock when he wakes up."

"Yeah, you may have to explain to him what's going on, Jimi." Yoseob said.

I Doojoon's hand, which immediately made Yoseob, Kikwang, and Dongwoon jealous. I kissed Doojoon's cheek. "It's okay, oppa. I'm here. I'll stay by your side, okay?"

The creatures became even more jealous. I wish Jimi could do that to me.......She said she would stay by his side so quickly, yet with us.......

There was a sudden loud bang, and Junhyung's voice rose up from downstairs, bellowing a mixture of terrified words and an interesting array of swear words.

I sat up immediately, shivering. It sounded like the front door had been smashed open.

Junhyung appeared half a second later, breathing hard from fright.

"Junhyung! What happened?" Yoseob demanded.

"It's.....pretty.....bad...." He gasped. "Kikwang....I have no idea how he found me, but....."

Kikwang didn't turn pale like a normal human would, since he was already pale enough. But his face turned a chalkier white than normal. "You don't mean......Jang Hyunseung?"

Dongwoon suddenly gave out a frightened, keening howl and scrambled into a corner, visibly trembling from head to toe. Yoseob looked confused.

"Who is that?" We asked at the same time.

Junhyung looked like he was going to be sick. "Jang Hyunseung....the most feared Dhampir in the world....."

"A Dhampir?" Yoseob asked. "Feared? Why?" He looked very interested. A Dhampir that could scare even Vampires? This was indeed a special creature.

"Jang Hyunseung...." Junhyung swallowed. "....the Vampire Hunter."

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Since everybody kept on asking.......Hyunseungie has arrived, and he's a BADASS -KICKING VAMPIRE KILLER!!!