Training and Horror

Beastly Blood

Sooyoung was the first Vampiress in over a century that's been born with a protection Ability.

"It's not nearly as strong as yours." She told me as we went into the trianing room, followed by all the Vampiress' except for Yoona and Hyoyeon. "I have to be touching the person to extend my shield over them, but as long as you have the mental capabilities, you could protect individual people with your shields internally."

"How do I do that?" I asked her nervously.

Sooyoung softly pressed a finger to my chest. "By using your spirit. Only with a great spirit and a great heart, and a strong desire to protect people you care about, will you master your Ability."

"My spirit........" My eyes widened. Wow. Sooyoung just said something really cool.

"Show her how it's done, Sooyoung!" Taeyeon called, giggling.

Sooyoung nodded, walked over, and put a hand on Taeyeon's shoulder. Suddenly, Taeyeon and Sooyoung were covered in a light blue glow.

"We're now impossible to attack." Sooyoung said, grinning. "Sunny, if you please?"

"With pleasure." Sunny grinned, hot lava erupting from her fingertips. She threw some droplets of the magma at Sooyoung and Taeyeon, but once it met the shield it stuck there like it hit a large wall, and fizzed into nothing.

Sooyoung let go of Taeyeon, and the shield disappeared. "Now you try. See how many people you can put the shield under and hold it for now."

"O-okay......." I screwed my eyes shut, thinking desperately I want to protect them, I want to protect them, I want to protect them...........

But the shields didn't come.

"Hmmm........I wonder why?" Jessica thought.

"Maybe it's because she can only do it when she sees danger." Seohyun suggested. "Since she knows none of us are in danger right now, she can't activate her Ability."

Tiffany frowned, then said "Sunny......?"

"What? Seriously?" Sunny asked. "You want to be test dummies."

"If you hit us, we can just go to Yoona." Yuri shrugged, giggling.

I realized what they were about to do. "No! Don't do that!" I shouted in horror.

"Why not?" Sooyoung suggested, grinning. "Okay, Sunny, hit us with your best shot."

Sunny threw the magma droplets at them, who flinched slightly. "NO!!!" I yelled.

Instantly, I felt a fire in my heart, and the girls were all covered in my shields. The droplets fizzed away.

"Whew, that was close!" Tiffany smirked. "Good job, Jimi."

"Okay, try to keep it there." Sooyoung instructed. I nodded. I could hold it for about two minutes, but after that it started getting shaky. It flickered and fizzed, and finally it died out. I slumped to the floor in exhaustion, all my energy out of me.

"That was very, very good, Jimi!" Jessica encouraged me. "You were great!"

"Are you tired? Do you want to take a rest?" Sooyoung asked, worried.

"N-no." I panted, slowly getting to my feet. "I can......do.......some more......."

"Are you sure?" Seohyun asked. "You look exhausted. Maybe you should rest......"

"No, I can do this!" I said desperately, Yoseob's words still flashing in my mind. "I am not weak, or fragile, or delicate! I won't break! I refuse to! I can still do this, I can!"

I stared at them with a fierce determination. "Sunny, throw the lava again."

*************************************************************************************************************************

THIRD PERSON POV:

Doojoon clutched his aching head. It was pounding against his brain like a hammer, and he couldn't stop it. He clutched his head in his shaking hands, bent over in pain.

His throat burned. "Thirsty........." He mumbled, reaching for the glass of water at his bedside table and drinking it all up. But it didn't quench his thirst.

"Why.....?" He muttered.

The door to the infirmary opened, and Jimi entered. "Oppa, how are you feeling?"

"Horrible, but whatever." He said, trying to smile through the pain. "How is my little sister?"

Jimi took a step forward, and suddenly..........Doojoon could smell her.

It was like he couldn't breathe at first, but was suddenly cleared and he could smell everything. Jimi smelt like everything Doojoon thought was delicious: meat, chocolate, but most of all, she smelled of fresh, young blood. His eyes flashed red -- he wanted to jump out of the bed and drain her of all blood, that sweet fresh blood that was the only thing to quench his painful, burning thirst.........

Doojoon gasped and backed up in his bed. "J-Jimi! Get away from me!" He yelled. "Get away from the infirimary! Far away!"

"What? Why?" Jimi pouted. "Don't be mean, oppa. I know your head hurts, but still......"

"No, I'm serious!" Doojoon yelled, panicking as the room swung in front of him. "Jimi, get away......."

Suddenly, there was a gust of wind, and Dongwoon appeared, pulling Jimi easily back. She staggered in shock. "Dongwoon!"

Jimi was farther away, her smell less appealing. Doojoon leaned over the side of the bed and threw up, the pain in his head and throat driving him crazy.

"Doojoon....." Dongwoon said quietly.

Doojoon gave a weak chuckle as his head emerged from the side of the bed. "D-Dongwoon........get her away from here, will you.....?"

Dongwoon nodded and, lifting Jimi up, shot out of the infirmatory and Jimi collapsed into the sofa in the entrance hall. "What was that for, Dongwoon?" She demanded. "What's wrong with oppa? Why...?"

"I don't know." Dongwoon said softly. "But.....he just might......just might.......be turning into a Dhampir."

"GASP! SHOCKERS!!!" Hoya called as they passed by. He, Dongwoo, and Sungjong burst out snickering. Woohyun smacked their heads. "Shut up and get back to work."

"It can't be.........not my oppa....." Tears filled Jimi's eyes and she buried her face in her hands. Dongwoon looked extremely stunned at her sudden tears and looked around frantically, not sure what to do. He caught Sungyeol's eye and he lifted up his arm, in the act of putting it around someone. Slowly, hesitantly, and awkwardly, Dongwoon sat down beside Jimi and put his arm around her.

"D-don't cry, Jimi. I'm sure Doojoon will come out fine. He may just be having some temporary side effects or something...." Dongwoon gabbled on. Jimi sniffed and smiled sweetly at Dongwoon. "Thank you, Dongwoon. For trying to make me feel better. I'm just acting silly...."

"N-no you're not, you have every right to be upset!" Dongwoon hastily said. Sungyeol gave him a thumbs up and walked away when Hyoyeon called him.

Jimi felt a sudden determination and stood up. "Where are you going?" Dongwoon asked blindly, confused.

"I have some training to do, Dongwoon. Do me a favor -- tell Kikwang and the others that we're going through the Gateway in the Capital. It's the closest."

Dongwoon looked even more confused, but did as she told him.

"Now, back to the training room." Jimi muttered to herself, running off as fast as she could.