In the Belly of the B2ST

Beastly Blood

*note: The title is a saying. "In the belly of the beast" means that you're already so far into trouble there's no way getting out, that you're in a dangerous and/or tough situation. As you've noticed, I made a slight change to the words above :)

*****************************************************************************************************************************

"Is she crazy?" Junhyung asked when Dongwoon delivered the news. "We'll be completely destroyed by those bastard Guards if we go even one step out of this fortress!"

"Does she have some sort of secret plan?" Yoseob asked him.

Dongwoon rubbed he back of his neck. "I-I'm not sure. She said she had to go to the training room for some reason......"

Kikwang's eyes widened. "What?" Hyunseung looked surprised. "She's not planning to........?"

"She is." Yoseob muttered through gritted teeth. "Aish, she sure brings me troubles! Why can't she just sit back and be the damsel in distress while we save her?"

Jonghyun, who along with his Inccubus families were sitting nearby, said "From the looks of it, since you can't do anything without her Ability.........aren't you guys the damsels?"

"It's true." Changmin said cheerfully.

"Okay, NOW I'm pissed!" Junhyung snarled.

"Cool it, Vampire!" Jaejoong chuckled. "Will you need any help in rescuing our pretty little Jimi home?"

"No we don't!" Junhyung growled, but Kikwang said "Yes, we do."

"Why?" Junhyung complained. Kikwang blinked his eyes innocently. "We'll need a diversion, won't we? Just because Jimi may be able to get us through protected, we can't rely on her. We need to use some stealth."

"Listen to the prince, Revolutionary ahjusshi." Taemin said sweetly.

Junhyung spluttered. "W-what did you just call me? An ahjusshi? W-what the......you damn brat! Just because you're younger than me, that doesn't make me an ahjusshi! I'm only a hyung! A hyung!"

"Ahjusshi." Taemin mumbled again. Key and Onew snickered.

"Calm down, ahju---eh, I mean, Junhyung." Hyunseung said, smirking. "We all need some rest. Let's go and wake up early tomorrow, okay?"

"You totally did that on purpose, Hyunseung." Junhyung muttered sullenly.

"We better get to bed. Goodnight." Kikwang said politely, before leaving.

Yoseob and Dongwoon walked out silently. "D'you think Jimi is still in the training room?" Yoseob asked. Dongwoon shrugged. "She might be......listen, Yoseob hyung, Jimi went to Doojoon's sickbed just now......."

Yoseob's eyes widened in fear. "Are you sure he's turning into a Dhampir?"

"I'm positive. I could see the look in his eyes -- he wanted to kill Jimi, Yoseob, kill her and drink her blood! His eyes were scarlet red! It won't be long before we see fangs, too......"

"Dammit, this is going to kill Jimi." Yoseob sighed. "I'm going to go check on her, okay? You go get some sleep, we need your awesome Newborn powers tomorrow."

Dongwoon nodded and walked to his room.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Jimi was fast asleep when Yoseob walked in. She was lying, her body beaten and battered, on the floor. Yoseob's eyes softened. He gently picked her up and carried her to her room. He placed her softly underneath the bedsheets.

He smoothed some strands of hair away from her forehead, unable to take his eyes off of the angel in front of him. "Even when you sleep, you're always so beautiful and innocent, Jimi........" Yoseob whispered. "That's one of the reasons why I love you."

Slowly, he bent down and gently kissed Jimi's forehead. Then he walked out, making sure to close the door quietly behind him without making a sound.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

JIMI FIRST PERSON POV:

I woke up early in the morning. Stumbling downstairs, I find the others already in the kitchen.

"I still think we should hitch out of here today." Junhyung said.

"Doojoon isn't well enough to walk yet." Hyunseung said impatiently. "We'll need to carry him."

"Good morning." I said as I entered.

"Morning," They all chorused. G-Dragon greeted me warmly as he walked past me. "Yah, let us accompany you to the Capital."

"It's too dangerous." Woohyun flat-out told the leader, walking around wearing a frilly pink apron as he made breakfast.

"Let us go." TOP protested, an ugly look on his face. "I have some unfinished business with CAP."

Woohyun passed a plate of food to Yoseob, who passed it to me eagerly. I began to eat. "Did you bring up food for Doojoon oppa?"

There was a sudden silence. "What?"

"We did......er.......bring him food....." Yoseob mumbled, staring at his shoes. "But......um, well......it's not really the kind of food you'd think........"

"You didn't.....? Oh no. Don't tell me you gave him blood?" I gasped.

"It was the only thing we could do!" Kikwang stammered defensively. "He was out of his mind, half-crazy, begging us to help him......said his throat was on fire, and he couldn't stop it.......so we did the only thing we thought we could do......."

"How did he take it?" I asked.

"He....er..." Hyunseung looked sheepish and slightly guilty. "He liked it. A lot. Finished the whole cup. Wanted more, even........I'm sorry, Jimi. There's no way he's not a Dhampir anymore."

I nodded, the severity of it still not sinking in fully. "Alright. W-well.........when are we going back home?"

"I want it to be today.....but giving the circumstances......" Junhyung mumbled.

"Let's go today." I said abruptly. "G-Dragon, TOP, Seungri, Daesung, Taeyang, you can come with us."

"Why the sudden impatience, Jimi?" Seungri asked, grinning.

"I've practised almost all night long. I think I've got the hang of my Ability now." I said, grinning widely. "So let's go as soon as possible and get home safely, okay?"

"Alright." They all nodded.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Dongwoon was carrying Doojoon on his back as we snuck out of the fortress and edged our way down the path.

"Where's the Inccubus'?" I whispered.

"Up in the skies." Yoseob whispered back, pointing. I saw dark figures in the sky that looked like overgrown bats, and smiled.

"There it is, the Capital!" G-Dragon pointed into the distance, where I could see tall, spindly towers and ghostly looking lights. "Now all we need to do is get in there without being seen......"

"Easier said than done -- I don't think the Guards want us inside." Daesung pointed at seven dark figures standing right in front of the drawbridge.

"Now." Junhyung whispered.

Suddenly, there was a great swooping noise, and the Inccubus' arrived, throwing rocks and sticks and at the Guards, who swore and yelled and dodged away.

"Now! Go go go!" We shot forward, down the hill while the Guards attempted to attack the Inccubus', and dashed over the drawbridge.

"Good luck!" Yunho called.

"Who is he talking to?" An annoyed Ricky said from below. "Get lost!"

"Wait a minute...." L. Joe stared at the drawbridge. "Didn't a bunch of people pass by just this now?"

We ran past the drawbridge, and the gate, and finally we hit in a long, rickety old alleyway.

Well, here we are. In the belly of the beast.