Fall Festival Confession

My New Roommate!

Em ji's P.O.V

It was the day of the Fall Festival. It was morning and Ray said that we should get ready because they already set up the whole thing. "Today will be a fun day." I said to myself as I strap my handbag over my shoulder.

 

I went out to see Ray with a blue long sleeve buttoned up to the third button with a white shirt inside and blue jeans. "Wow." he said. I smile as a reply. "Ready?" said Ray with smile. I nod and we went downstairs. Since it wasn't that far, we took the city bus there. The festival was held at Hangang Park, right next to Han river.

We get off and I was in awe. The whole place was so nice. We went walking around. The place was so big. The leaves were green but some were starting to change their colors. I felt like I could smell the autumn air already.

I spot a polaroid studio stall and pulled Ray into it. We went inside and I started choosing the outlines. I could hear Ray chuckling behind me, but I just ignored it. "There." We took silly, funny and nice pictures. We went out and started deciding which one to take. I took most of the ones that were cute. We went to buy snacks to eat.

It was hot since it's afternoon. "It's hot." I pouted.

"Want to cool off." said Ray. I nod and we went to where there was like a water play place. We take off our shoes and I dip my feet in. "Wah, it's so refreshing." I said. Ray smiles and sits next to me with his jeans rolled up and his feet in the water too. "Here." he said and hands me a ice cream.

"Oh, thanks." I said as I accepted it. I open and start eating it. The taste of chocolate and vanilla made it so good. I realize that Ray is being kind today. He's not like this all the time.

After sitting for a while, we decided to continue exploring the place. We play games as we went around. All of a sudden, Ray holds my hand and pulls me to him. I look at him shock and surprise, "What? There was a cart coming by." he said and lets go of me. Instead, he held onto my hand. He kept his hands locked with mine.

Now it was starting to get dark. But we were waiting for the firework show tonight. It doesn't start till 8 when it gets darker. But we decided to go around the place again.

"Ray!" a voice was heard. We look forward and saw Yu min and Siwan together. She comes running to us with Siwan following behind. "I didn't know you were coming today." she said.

"Ah, I came with Em ji." Ray replied.

"Oh..well do you want to walk around together?" she asks Ray.

"Noona, I-"

"Let's go." she said as she links arm with Ray. They walk off.

"She never change." said Siwan. "Well, now that we're together, shall we take a stroll?" he said. "Sure Oppa." I said.

"Sorry.​"

Ray texted. I didn't reply back to him. Soon it was dark and we went to the grass area. I watch Ray and Yu min. I just sigh in disappointment. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." I said.

The fireworks have started, but my heart isn't bursting into a thousand firecrakers. It was breaking. Throughout today, I was waiting for this moment..to confess. Seeing the back of Ray and Yu min together hurts. I just watch the fireworks. The fireworks was what I want to be right now. Fly and explode all the feelings stuffed inside and let them be heard loud like a firecrackers.

The show ends and everyone gets up and leave. Ray sent Yu min to Siwan's car since they came together. Siwan and I smile at each other before they left. They start the car engine and drives off. Ray comes walking to me, but I turn and walk away instead. "Yah, Kang Em ji!" he yelled out. I ignore him but he turns me around. "What's wrong?" he said.

"Nothing..." I said. The feeling of confessing, is sinking in again. "Let's just go home." I said but Ray holds onto both of my arms. "Tell me first, what's wrong?" he insisted.

Should I tell him? Should I confess now? Or should I just keep it in?

"Well, tell me later. Come." he said as he locks hands with me. We go back to the grass and he sits me down. He sits next to me. He answers his phone, "Okay, start." he said.

Thousands of fireworks flew to the sky. Bursting and lighting up the dark clear sky. It felt like it was telling me something, that I should confess. Fireworks went on and on. The last one that came on had a heart. "Ray, was that for me?" I said as I look into his eyes.

"Yes, it was for you." he said with a smile.

I hug him tightly, "Thanks Ray." I said. "And I have something to tell you." I said as I back away. "Like those dozens of fireworks that explodes in the sky as if they're confessing, I will confess how I feel too. I will confess like a firework too." I take in some air, "I like you."

Ray's face was somehow delighted to hear that. "I have a confession too." he said.

"I like you too." and he leans in and our lips touches.

 

 

Oh me gosh did she and he just confess? Yes they did! Confessing time! Haha no lol But I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! So much feels, yes!  So Like, Subscribe, and Comment! ^^