Resemblance

The MyungJong Files

Firstly, freaktomboyish decided to give me a hand with a few files, and I'm absolutely grateful to her!

Hello,  freaktomboyish is here and starting from now I will be one of the authors in MyungJong Files. Nice to meet you all, by the way! And please remember that I'm not a native english-speaker, so if I made some mistakes on the grammar or the words, please forgive me, I'm just a human lol

Secondly, MYUNGJONG!

 

You know, I spent a lot of time thinking how Myungsoo and Sungjong are so different but yet they are so perfect for each other. But recently I've thinking...are they really that different?

I remember once reading this on a psychology website, I'll quote a part of it here:

'While you may be familiar with the old saying, “opposites attract,” in reality, what the heart wants is someone who resembles its owner – and that resemblance increases the longer two lovebirds stay together.'

Cr: livescience.com

I mean firstly, they have this common passion for music which is why they are hear in the first place. But throughtout the time they have been together, it seems they have grown be more like each other.

I couldn't agree more with you. I've been watching them since Be Mine era, and they were so different back then. Then The Chaser era started to make me realize that MyungJong somehow resemble each other a little. And Man In Love era came, when MyungJong showed their love endlessly everywhere and wow they really resemble each other!

 

 

Where to begin?

We have the famous pose, which both of them really liked doing during the MIL promotions. It's one matter that the pose suits both of them so well, but it's entirely another matter that choose to use this pose. I can't point out who started it, but the fact is, they both do it. They choose to do it. They can't help but do it. Because on the inside, they are more alike than they think!

 

 

L: Because I speak with my gaze so indeed, I’m his manito.

 

Sungjong: When I'm in love, I speak with my eyes.

Trans: qhuong

 

Seriously, who's copying who here? Doesn't matter. Because they feel the same way. And what can be more romantic than that, two people sharing the same romantic notions?

 

Sungjong: More than doing huge event I’d like to gently backhug her and whisper “I love you” in her ears. Confessing all the things from my heart while doing that gentle skinship is what I like the best.

The Celebrity Magazine (trans: qhuong)

 

Q: How do you comfort your lover when your lover’s tired?
MS: I will hug my lover, no need to say anything

[via: 柠檬CP] via foreverlsung

 

It's as if they are one person, one entity. It's as if they share their thoughts.

 

Backhugs, that's Myungsoo's thing.

Definitely. He's possessive about our Jongie, don't you think? And that's what I like about Myungsoo.

 

 

But maybe not just his thing anymore. Because Sungjong is the recipient of his backhugs most of the times, and he likes it. Because it's romantic. So he decided to make it his thing as well.

Of course it is romantic, they can hear their own heartbeats while they are hugging!

And let me tell you, Sungjong backhugging Myungsoo is the cutest thing ever!

 

Credit:

 

Credit:

 

We've seen Sungjong using his chopsticks with his left hand countless times. Myungsoo was always right-handed.

 

Credit:namusoos.tumblr.com

 

But suddenly, he eats with his left-hand? It's because love tends to change you, make you more like the person you love?

 

Credit: namgyusoo.tumblr.com

omg look at his chest lol

 

And there is no denying that Myungsoo has become a lot cuter than before. Maybe because he broke out of his shell of L. But who helped him out of the shell? Love? Sungjong? Aren't they synonymous to him anyway.

I NOTICED IT. Since our boys comeback Myungsoo (and Hoya) is cuter than ever. I thought - what's wrong with this guy suddenly he's acting like a kid and cute and all, but who made him like this? Sungjong? Ding Dong!

 

Credit: taenggyu.tumblr.com

 

And remember when Sungjong got called out by the hyungs for sitting cross-legged, which apparently is, girly?

 

Credit: pitdae.tumblr.com

 

Myungsoo was actually sitting cross-legged too. Looks like he picked up the habit.

 

Credit: made in L

 

But lovers don't give each other good habits only; after all 'for better or for worse', right?

 

It's almost hilariously simialr how Sungjong doesn’t cut his nails often or wash his face in the morning while Myungsoo doesn’t shower often. But hopefully, Sungjong will be able to order Myungsoo to shower more often (and Myungsoo will find that very romantic). As for Sungjong's nails, maybe Myungsoo likes the feeling of his long nails scraping across his back and it helps to leave marks - a proof of their adventerous night together...*ahem*

When you said that my mind was not working properly anymore. My head is full of scenarios of what they will do in the shower, together, at night. *creepy laugh*

 

Maybe someday, Sungjong will become more interested in acting like Myungsoo; for now, this is his best impression of a bank robber.

 

Credit: weheartit.com

 

We also have another proof of our lovely MyungJong resemblance. Take a good look at it!

 

Credit: elyoungs.tumblr.com

 

Woah woah woah, what do we have here! 7 same poses?! In one event?! You guys already saw their resemblance at the above and this photo proof it. Just said that this photo is like the main evidence. Look at the photo of the number 5; their beautiful smiles. All the numbers except number 2; the way they closed their lovely eyes. Number 3, 4, and 7; their same movement. These two gives us bubbly feelings inside our hearts, it gives us happiness, it gives us all that happy and joy, and you just can't help yourself but to smile! because this photo is telling us that these two are definitely a married couple.

"Couples may start to look like each other because in some ways they already are like each other." 

Yes, we all knew that couples do resemble each other when they're in love. Well, this photo is the proof everything. What could I say other than that? Myungsoo and Sungjong love each other and telling the world that they're meant for each other by spreading their smiles, their same smiles. Excuse me, but let me grab my tissue, because this is so perfect *sobs*

 

Credit: via foreverlsung

 

And then we have a er Sunggyu lol, nope just kidding. This photo though, the first time we see it, we see the lovebirds are laughing over something. Put aside that squishy-hamster at the center of this photo for awhile and then we see THOSE smiles again. Just look at it! Ugh, so lovely and sweet and all. I don't know what exactly happened at the event, but it seems like they're glancing each other at the same time AND when their eyes meet, they change their gaze downward, maybe they closed their eyes also (to hide their shyness, I see) and smile like a high school girl met with her crush. The result of this moment? Kaboom. We're dead.

 

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that even though Sunggyu seperates them, Myungsoo's eyes know no one but Sungjong.

 

  • Credit: @putpals

 

You're the only one I see~

Sounds familiar, anyone?

 

 

And then Myungsoo has a conversation with Sunggyu. Why? Is he trying to convince the leader to switch places with him? But the leader won't give in that easily right? This is a concert for children and he wants to keep it non-PG.

Sunggyu-hyung is so mean... not allowing Myungsoo to switch their places... Poor, Soo.

Because Sunggyu knows that whenever Myungsoo comes close to Sungjong, things like this happen...

 

 

Just look at these two. Firstly, watch the way Myungsoo grabs Sungjong. With desperation, with urgency. Because he hasn't touched Sungjong for 15 minutes, and that will be the end of the world. The way he pulls him closer is almost confrontational, a desperate question - didn't you miss me? Didn't you miss my touch?

SJ: But hyung we've been only apart for -

MS: Time for a kiss.

That's Sungjong's cue to run away because 1) camera's watching and 2) Hoya's watching.

They'll continue this elsewhere, where no eyes can pry. If they can get away from Hoya, that is.

The playful way they run away is too much for my heart to take. And their laughter is so genuine, it makes me happy, cleanses my deepest sadness, just by watching these two frolicking away. It's good to be so in love.

I know. and I love the way Sungjong clutches at Myungsoo's arm when he hugs him.

 

 

Speaking of similar romantic notions, I think it's amazing how less they seem to actually talk to each other and yet how much they can communicate just through their gazes. I'm sure I've said this before, but just look at their eyes  - it's not simply looking at each other. The gazes are so much more meaningful than that.

I can feel their love in here. The way Myungsoo's smile is full of sincerity towards Sungjong makes me want to bite my pillow because it's so... how should I say this, fluffy?

 

Credit: kmslpabo.tumblr.com

Again Sunggyu being a .

But I actually disagree - Sunggyu can't block MyungJong because no matter how far away they are, they are constantly communicating, if not through words, then through their gazes, and if not gazes, then through telepathy (remember Sungjong mentioning how they seem to have telepathic connection?).

 

 

They have reached the point where just leaning against each other cures them of all their weariness and anxiety and it's simply beautiful. Myungsoo is always caring. He forever takes care of the maknae.

Forever taking care of the maknae to Infinity and beyond!

 

                      

Credit:

Credit:

 

GAHH This picture makes me want to cry.

Myungsoo waiting for Sungjong. He will always wait for the maknae, no matter how late it is, or how hard it is. Love makes you wait, but the wait is worth it.

Worth the wait and worth the love that you receive. And let me do an applause for whoever took this picture because, wow, surely she is a ninja lol. But MyungJong shippers are ninjas, are we not? lolol

 

    

Credit: hanseochan.tumblr.com

 

The way Myungsoo nods constantly the moment Sungjong arrives, is it to catch the younger's attention? Because even though he hadn't been gone for long, Myungsoo already misses him.

 

 

He pulls him a little closer when he thinks no one will notice.

 

Credit: hanseochan.tumblr.com

 

Because closer is always better. Just watch the look on Sungjong's face. Sungjong is always the more careful one so as soon as he feels Myungsoo's familiar hands, his senses go on alarm, and he's silently trying to communicate by telepathy (which it has been proved in the Happy Valentine's Chapter that they have), trying to warn him. It's just so sweet how Myungsoo measures the distance between them and decides it's too much, so he pretends look in another direction while pulling the love of his life closer.

And see the second gif? You guys noticed that Myungsoo's hand is trying to reach out to Sungjong, but he pulled his hand back because he knows the cameras are watching. Now, I'm really curious about this, why did he do that? And what is his purpose in the first place to reach out his hand like that? 

 

Speaking of closer, MyungJong has a thing for no-distance policy. Just look at the picture below:

Credit:

Sungyeol is back-hugging Dongwoo that's one thing, but look at Myungsoo and Sungjong's pose. Normally people would lean toward each other while posing for a photograph but Myungsoo and Sungjong are literally joined together, Sungjong's cheek against Myungsoo's forehead (can I just squeal about how perfect their herights are?). If their heads had touched by mistake, they would have moved away or something but it is obvious they chose that pose, they chose the contact, just like they chose to love each other. The feeling of Sungjong's skin  - Myungsoo is a lucky man.

A VERY lucky man.

 

Then observe this picture. This is actually one of my most favorite pictures ever, because this actually shows the difference between the intimacy between the members.

Credit: ayumyung.tumblr.com

 

So we have an adorable 4-way hug but observe the dynamics between the two couples. Let's start with the position of their hands. Sunggyu's hands are loosely positioned above Dongwoo's waist whereas Myungsoo has his hand clasped tightly just above Sungjong's waist. Sungjong is a lot skinnier so it is obvious Myungsoo's hand would be able to go around him and Myungsoo takes full advantage of it. The intimacy with which he grasps Sungjong is enough to make MyungJong babies! Myungsoo's grasp is possessive, it is loving, and it is sweet. It's practically screaming out: I will protect you till the end~

 

Now higher up, once again see how Sungjong's face is squished against Myungsoo's, how the side of his face lies against Myungsoo's cheeks. No distance between them, their bodies are intertwined. It's beautiful. Why MyungJong babies don't form merely due to the existence of this picture, I don't know. Call me silly, but this is the kind of romance that makes my pulse bound.

 

Notice the difference between the way DongGyu and MyungJong hug each other. I definitely sense that DongGyu's hug is kinda awkward, because Sunggyu's arms are on top of Dongwoo's. And even though I never hugged someone like that before, I think it's wrong. And Dongwoo isn't leaning his head on Sunggyu's, because well, why would he do such an intimate move for just a photoshoot? It probably didn't even occur to him. I mean that would be the normal pose for him to assume while taking a photo.

MyungJong though, it looks... natural. Myungsoo's arms perfectly wrap around Sungjong's tiny waist, Sungjong leaning towards Myungsoo's cheek, and they have no gap between their bodies. It seems like they are used to it, which means they always do it. I want to cry just by looking at this photo, because this photo really show us how real they are.

 

MIDNIGHTII.tumblr.com

 

Even when Sungjong is mad at the hyungs and he moves away from them, Myungsoo is there supporting him. In this episode of This is Infinite, the hyung line seriously pissed off Sungjong because they weren't following his orders and having fun by themselves, but look at Myungsoo - he's not joining the hyungs, rather he goes after Sungjong because the last person by his side when everyone leaves is Myungsoo. Maybe he'd pacify Sungjong somehow, improve his mood. And if he can't, he'd still be there for him no matter how angry he is.

Look at Myungsoo following his beautiful queen. Ah, so wonderful.

 

 

Now we thought Sungjong didn't appreciate how caring Myungsoo is, at least not enough. But he does, he acknowledges it and he wants to measure up to him.

 

Credit:

 

'Learn to match' - whoa pause here. Sungjong's basically spelling out 'Since I will live for the rest of my life with the lovely Myungsoo, i want to be just as caring toward him as he is toward me'. Because that's what partners do - they match each other, both onstage, and offstage.

And already onstage, he's returning the favors.

 

     

Credit: hanseochan.tumblr.com

 

Pulling his hyung to the front and closer. Because remember, closer is always better, just like Myungsoo taught.

This gif is so cute, makes me want to puke rainbows.

 

They are so special together! And I just love how intimate they look even in photos. When they are together, they play it out naturally, letting their feelings take over and the results are simply adorable.

 

Credit: monodrama


They look so happy together, and MyungJong hugs are the best!

 

I want to keep the voting open for a longer time because I want the involvement of as many people possible. Please vote just once, I can trust you guys right?

(The current ratings stand : Black lemons - 44, yecam - 1, mysun - 8, MJspirit - 5, Maknaes - 10, MJs - 5)


MyungJong fanfic recommendation of the chapter


Guys I'd like it if you recommend the fics because I don't want only my opinions to be published here. If you're shy to nominate a story, do it anonymously through ask.fm/MyungJongLove.

and you've got sunlight in your heart by acupofmemory

Genre: romance, AU

Length: One-shot

This is quite literally the first MyungJong fanfic I had ever read and it simply blew me away and showed me a whole new word. It's just the right amount of bittersweet for it to be not exceptionally cheesy but still have warmth. It has the right amount of fluff to make you feel lighter but not gag. I love everything about this story, from the title to the very last sentence. It leaves you with a full feeling.


A/N: My cute dongsaeng AveniA is opening a new website on Kpop, of course what's Kpop without INFINITE. Take a tour! Korean Muse.