This Is MyungJong

The MyungJong Files

Who else watched This Is Infinite? I had so much fun watching it - INFINITE in a variety show after a long time. But I have to say, the writers and the editors of this show are horrible. There is no other way of nicely putting it - they don't know what they are doing. If they are this hopeless, they should just forget everything and let INFINITE do their thing. Sungjong was horribly editted out and I got really mad because of that. But nonetheless, it was worth watching.

 

Remember when the Infinite members in the first episode of This is Infinite were told to write down each other's weaknesses and strength? The only bad thing Myungsoo could find about Sungjong was:
 

'He's too cute to be a leader'.

 

Because of course Sungjong is too perfect to Myungsoo. Now Sungjong returns the favor after filming 4 episodes...

 

'So, this is the teaser I prepared for the viewers who are waiting for the third episode !! It’s the episode expressed with ‘disses’~

Sunggyu hyung - He’s old but he doesn’t know anything about a woman’s heart~
Dongwoo hyung - Dongwoo hyungah who talks better than expected~ Awww you did well~
Woohyun hyung - Only a pro when it comes to talking. It’s all bluff~
Hoya hyung - He really doesn’t know girls at all. ‘Girls? What’s that?’
Sungyeol hyung - He freezes in front of girls. Is this all you can do?
L hyung - He’s handsome'

Credit: Naver Starcast, Endless Limits.tumblr.com

 

Credit:

 

Sungjong doesn't even try to evaluate Myungsoo's dating skills. Why? Because they are perfect! He is successfully dating Sungjong, isn't he? So obviously he gets a 10 out of 10 on dating skilles. But of course Sungjong can't just write that so he simply goes with 'He's handsome' which roughly translates to 'It doesn't matter if he knows about women's hearts because he knows mine and that's all that matters'.

 

    

      

Credit: milk-caramel.tumblr.com

 

Sungjong had a cute little date with this noona. I was actually really curious to see how he would act around a girl who could be his potential lover because normally he's really friendly and frank with other idol girl groups. So I had no idea what he would actually do on a date. I wondered if he would hold back...but no he went all in, extremely confidently even though he knew his hyungs would be watching and he would later get teased for it. He made the girl's heart flutter alright, her pulse went upto 110...

BUT...

She's not the only one whose heart was beating fast...

There was this one other person whose heart was probably threatening to burst...

This person was so flustered that he was having a total mental breakdown as he watched Jongie propose to the girl...

That person is...

ME.

Okay, but there was another person who had the same symtoms as me, and it was even more difficult for him because I watched the broadcast but he was right there, in the next room, watching the scenes as they happened - and that person was - I'll give you one guess...

THIS GUY!

 

      

 

Kim Myungsoo, totally utterly flustered. Just look at him biting his nails while his wary eyes follow Sungjong on the screen. Sunggyu is busy passing on jokes and comments but Myungsoo's eyes are glued to the screen. Just look at that uncertain gaze in his eyes, as if he's thinking very hard how far Sungjong, to be exact, his Sungjong, would go with the girl. Pulling up a chair for the girl? Cute and gentlemanly (I always knew Jongie was a gentleman type) and Myungsoo can take that much but look at that slight movement of his hand, the slight repositioning of his arm that gives away the fact that he is nervous. It's Sungjong's turn, Sungjong should be the nervous one, but Myungsoo's the one pulling out his cuticles with his teeth.

 

  

 

The date progresses to the part where Sungjong pulls a movie-like move on the girl - sweet good old 'wiping cream off lips move' (Didn't the girl just die? I'd probably stop breathing). The hyungs are all laughing but look at Myungsoo once again, poor poor Myungsoo. Does he look like he's laughing? Look at his eyes properly - there is no hint of happiness or joy, no smiling eyes, only emptiness and apprehension. What will come next? Isn't this already enough? He also changed his pose because he just can't sit still. How can he when he's heart is racing like that? He's fidgeting and once again, fingers meet teeth, while Myungsoo tries to calm himself down.

 

    

 

And then the last straw...Sungjong proposes with a ring! On his knees! This is just too much for him and he explodes into crazy! He's just given, look at that - raising his hands to his head as all his senses leave him. He's laughing like a maniac but the smile doesn't reach his eyes. He just doesn;t know what to do - he can only watch as his world crashes in front of him.

 

Credit: milk-caramel.tumblr.com

 

Yes, Myungsoo just doesn't know what to do anymore and he can't bear to look at the screen. He rests his head on his hand - an obvious sign of feeling overwhelmed. And look at his hand - tightened into a fist as if ready to punch something.

I feel you Myungsoo, I really do...Sungjong tortures us both. Just when you thought you had him, he had to go forward and break your heart,

But frankly, I know there's still hope because this girl can't beat this. And you can't get Sungjong unless you outy him first.

 

  

Credit: noctorn.tumblr.com

 

 

Credit: pitdae.tumblr.com

 

I wonder since when Myungsoo became such an avid Sunggyu supporter but I have my guesses. They recently changed rooms again but before that Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Sungjong were shairng one room right? Now the purpose of putting Sunggyu with the two maknaes was of course to prevent any mishap, in other words to stop Myungsoo from being all over Sungjong. If that was Sunggyu's role, you'd expect Sungjong to vote for Sunggyu rather than Myungsoo because the leader hyung saved him from Myungsoo's love attacks. But instead, there is a reversal. Why? Well of you think about it, there could be only one reason - Sunggyu turned sides. He just formed an ally with Myungsoo, a simple deal whereby Myungsoo gets to do what he wants and Sunggyu gets his wholehearted support. So the tables turned. Myungsoo even got Sunggyu to help him with making Sungjong jealous in very obvious ways such as...

 

 

And...

 

Credit: chandoo.tumblr.com

 

So the leader and Myungsoo has definitely reached an agreement where Sunggyu helps Myungsoo with his relationship with Sungjong and the younger blindly follows the leader. I have to say Myungsoo, well played. You got one over Sungjong. And Sunggyu, after spending ages caring for Sungjong, protecting his innocence from the other hyungs has finally decided that it was no point fighting off Myungsoo because basically, MyungJong are just destined to be together. So why fight it?

With ToHeart releasing their album and promoting together, of course Sunggyu is a bit jealous. So this pact between him and Myungsoo actually helps him in making Woohyun jealous. I mean Woohyun's doing a good job with Key and now it's the leader's turn to make Woohyun jealous.

 

Credit: gyufingers.tumblr.com

 

Look at poor Woohyun! Sunggyu one, Woohyun nil. Then we have the flinching Myungsoo. Now that this tug-and-war game had been declared, Myungsoo makes Sungjong jealous, very subtly, and sometimes not so subtly, with Sunggyu and Sungjong is kind of confused about what to do. First of all, this is the Sungjong we're talking about and he's not going to ask Myungsoo straight up what he's doing, because Myungsoo is going to give him a 'I don't know what you're talking about, don't tell me you're jealous.' So instead, Sungjong tries to be kind of nice to Myungsoo and pretends everything is okay. That gets Myungsoo worried of course, because what if Sungjong's actually mad with him? Or worse what if he doesn't care? He's the winner of the women's hearts after all.

 

Credit:

 

Just look at Myungsoo, he keeps staring at Sungjong to see his reaction.

 

Credit:

 

And the maknae also checks out his hyung with a sideways glance - they are at this dangerous point where they are trying to sum each other up.

 

Credit:

 

With all this tension going on I was apalled when they cut out scenes of MyungJong interactions which are potential goldmines. For example, they cut out the part where Myungsoo finds Sungjong's hand. They showed it for the other members but they cut out the part from when Myungsoo reaches Sungjong. They also cut out the part where the psychologist explains the meaning behind their drawings for Myungsoo and Sungjong. And who knows what else they have cut out.

But there were moments like this...

 

Credit:

 

Where it shows how much Myungsoo loves Sungjong. Even for a show, he can't hit the maknae, and if you look very closely you can see an extra smile on Sungjong's face when Myungsoo doesn't hit him hard. What am I going to do with these two?

It's too sweet because Myungsoo is trying to be subtle since he has this whole 'let's make Sungjong jealous' thing going on but he can't keep his hands off of him.

 

tumblr_n2c1hkic6W1rfrzilo1_1280.jpg

Credit: lkimfannet

 

[FANACOUNT] In today's filming, Myungsoo walked around while eating. He then approached Sungjong & fed him. Then he pat Sungjong's hair~^^

Credit: LSung

 

Myungsoo is a lost case.

 

Let's wait and see where is the end of this game.


There are a few things I want to talk to you about.

Firstly, sorry guys for the late update. I believe I'm lagging behind the MyungJong events by quite a lot since I'm so busy. Many of you know I have given up writing fanfic except for The MyungJong Files because of my University work. And Rose unnie is also very busy with her life so I don't know when she will return to MJF, but I'll be wiating for her. In the meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone would like to write a chapter or two with me, if you are free and have time for this. As you can tell it involves a bit of research, finding pictures/videos/fanaccounts and sources online. So if you're up for it, comment or pm me.

Secondly, I was thinking of getting us MyungJong fans a name. I know some people use Black Lemon, but I was wondering if someone else has any other ideas...let's make an official name for us and a day when we can celebrate all the MyungJong glory. Again, any suggestions, pm or comment me and then we can have a poll to decide it.

And lastly, I was thinking of making the files more interactive - a place where MyungJong fans can interact a bit more. If you have any ideas, please share with me.

Thanks!