L's Beautiful Sungjong

The MyungJong Files

First of all, congratulations to Myungsoo - L's Bravo Viewtiful sold out on the first day of its release and Woollim is even considering reprinting. Hence the title, because if you see the members' pictures in the photobook, most of them are Sungjong. Sungjong is Beautiful, and Sungjong is very definitely L's. Well he could have anyone he wants, but he wants Myungsoo, so point settled.

Someone even counted all the pictures and made this very helpful piechart.

L’s Bravo Viewtiful: A Pie Chart

Actually there are about 215 photos: 131 of them are random objects/scenery, 19 are of Myungsoo, 21 of Sungjong, 16 of Dongwoo, 3 of Sungyeol, 4 of Hoya, 4 of Woohyun, 5 of Sunggyu, 1 of Moonsoo, and around 10 group shots.

 

Let me just release my feels for a moment.

SQUEAL~! Okay, so anyone who has listened to me rant knows that I'm obsessed with season one of Romantic and the Idol. Why? Because there's this litttttlllleeee concept, where you videotape the person you like. Why? Because the camera tells the truth.

 

If you spend all day playing with a group of people, and one person shows up on your camera more than ANY other, it probably means something.

 

Of the 215 photos, 131 are artsy shots of scenery or objects that called out to Myungsoo. This suggests that Myungsoo probably took a ton of photos and picked the photos that called out to him the most. Couple this with the fact that the member with the most photos is Sungjong, and you can deduce that Sungjong is the member who calls out to him most.

 

The numbers also tell their own story. 19 selcas -yes Myungsoo, we know you're handsome, 16 photos of Dongwoo derping around, because no one derps as well as Dongwoo... *remembers that we're tlaking about Infinite and moves to retract that statement because all of Infinite are derps and bias ruiners*

 

But the next highest number is Sunggyu's with a grand total of 5. 

 

And that's probably because Sunggyu threatened to make him switch rooms (away from Sungjong) if he had the lowest number of photos. Or an equivalent number of photos to Woohyun. Both are terrible fates to him. *Oh the WooGyu love*

 

Point being, the numbers go 5, 4, 4, 3, 1. Not including Moonsoo's one photo, the average number of photos is 10 and the median is 5. By the laws of statistics, Sungjong is such a ridiculous outlier in this equation that the only thing that could possibly make up for the difference is complete and absolute, love.
 

Well I really appreciate Myungsoo, he's a man who's not afraid to show his feelings. And since the photobook is basically a representative of him, of Kim Myungsoo, rather than L, I'm really glad he put in things that hold special values for him. Like Sungjong's photos. And the fact that he openly praised Sungjong makes me feel very happy. Like here:

"The best photo of today is this one. Look at it Sungjong really looks like a doll. Personally I really adore Sungjong so the amount of his photo is quite more than the other members'. Since he's the only maknae so it makes me treasure and cherish him more"cr: @qhuong

 

Treasure and cherish him - maknae or no maknae, I'm sure Myungsoo would cherish him forever. And I've been screaming for ages that Sungjong looks like a doll, but of course he can't hear me. I hope he hears Myungsoo though; the only way i can ever express my feelings for Sungjong is through Myungsoo. He speaks for me. And I love him for that.

The way Myungsoo speaks of Sungjong isn't the way one speaks of a doll. Or even a beloved maknae. 

Treasure: to keep carefully a value or valuable item. 

Cherish: to protect and care for someone lovingly, to hold something dear.

Sungjong is more than an item, he is a treasure. And Myungsoo more than cares for him, he cherishes him.

 

And of course, there's the icing on the cake. "more."

Myungsoo ah, you already treasure and cherish him. But because he's your only maknae you treasure and cherish him more. How is that possible at all? Unless of course, you're simply declaring your love for him.

 

There was an essay included in the photobook as well, written by Myungsoo of course. It's touching and sweet, but what really sealed the smile on my lips was the fact that he said that Sungjong is both 妙 (beautiful, wonderful) and (a cat) to him which he wants to play with & raise. (cr:@qhoung)

 

A cat he wants to raise - makes me want to go back to Man In Love mv. Cat, playing with Sungjong, I wouldn't be surprised if Myungsoo had suggested the concept for Sungjong. We all know cats are lovaeble and Myungsoo loves Sungjong more than any cat in the world. or any human, for that matter. Speaking of concepts, I was watching Infinite's Guerilla Date today, and Hoya said Sungjong had specially designed his feather hat. This one:

 

More specifically, the one Myungsoo likes to touch. Actually, I think maybe Myungsoo feels antagonistic towards the hat because it denies him the feel of Sungjong's hair. Who knows, maybe Sungjong did it on purpose, to get a fiercer response out of Myungsoo. But then again, Myungsoo only knows Sungjong. Even in a large crowd, Sungjong's the only color he sees.

 

Since I've done nothing but agree with delib today, I'll offer a different perspective on this one.

Rather than Myungsoo create the concept, I think it's more likely he influenced it. Or rather, influenced Sungjong to pick such a concept so as to tease Myungsoo. After all, nothing would rile him up more than HIS cat playing with a kitty. A kitty who tries very hard to be as beautiful as Sungjong but doesn't quite make it.

Sorry kitty, Sungjong's touch competition.

Furthermore, the angles shot in "Man In Love" look strangely like Myungsoo playing with his camera. Probably because they include many close ups where the camera zooms into Sungjong's flawless face.

 

 

As for the colors, I don't think it's possible for Sungjong's color to be the only one that Myungsoo sees. After all, a photographer has to see everything. Not to mention the tendency of boy bands to wear the same color scheme.

But Myungsoo can't deny that every shade holds a little more color, seems a little fuller, shines a little brighter, when it's around Sungjong.

 

Today I feel like adding some videos to this, because we did a lot of pictures and gifs but there are tonnes of brilliant MyungJong videos out there which need some mention. Whenever I need a hearty dose of MyungJong I always go to this youtube channel:risda lestari

 The latest I have watched is this: TrunQ korea, Myungjong "Romantic Trip"

Teaser below:

130308 INFINITE TrunQ KOREA Busan Wish Travel Episode 2
  • Sungjong : You will take picture of us?
  • Myungsoo : Yes, You will be the main character.

 

 

 

 

What Myungsoo should have added was, "You've always been the main chracater." But Sungjong probably knows that already.

 

 

 

This is basically the MyungJong parts from the show they did, TrunQKorea where they went for a trip to Busan. Sungjong and Myungsoo were paired up together (I wonder why?) and they had to fulfill some missions like learning things and visiting places. Anyone could see they were having fun. And the sweet part is, Myungsoo made sure he took Sungjong's pictures wherever they went, telling him to pose and complimenting him. They went to a cafe where they found out that the owner had hung the pictures taken by Myungsoo (of Sungjong) on the walls. He was very touched. Of course he was, since the owner recognised his talent. And Sungjong's beauty. The second reason is more important of course.

Side note~! Sungjong's pants match Myungsoo's colshlar. Myungsoo's matches the brim of Sungjong's hat.

Ultimately, the two don't look like members on a variety show.

 

The look like a couple on a honeymoon.

 

From the bright colors they don, summery shades of white and blue to the touristy and yet so full of love actions that simply ooze out of this couple, everything they do shouts to the world that they're so happy simply to be here with each other.

Sungjong holding a map is a moment Myungsoo needs to capture.

Sungjong standing around is a pose Myungsoo needs to capture.

Sungjong in a new place is an event Myungsoo needs to capture.

 

Sungjong's existence is the magic Myungsoo has been trying to capture.

 

It doesn't take a pro to take good pictures of Sungjong, he is that beautiful, but it takes Myungsoo take pictures of Sungjong that scream life, that glow, that spell out love. It needs more than skill, experience and a good camera to take excellent pictures - love for the model, that's what Myungsoo has when it comes to Sungjong.

 

 

This is another video I have wacthed recently and it's very fresh, has a spring-summer feel: MyungJong bymoohanJB

It also includes Myungsoo and Sungjong cuts from the Man In Love mv, just watch how realistic they look, you'll be convinced that the mv was all about them.

 

So that puts an end to this chapter of MJF, but does it really end? Can love end? Can something beautiful end? No, because the beautiful Sungjong will always be Myungsoo's, but he will share with us those pictures, those moments frozen in time, and we will gush over them forever. Love is timeless - and MyungJong is just as timeless. Because MyungJong is love.

 

Credits: sngjng.tumblr.com, HANSEOCHAN.tumblr.com, allsungjong.tumblr.com, dongwwoo.tumblr.com, neverens.tumblr.com

  •