DESTINY Reversal - Sungjong On Top

The MyungJong Files

So we have passed onto a new era - DESTINY. With all changes, we expect some things to be different, and then there are things that remain exactly the same. So the question is, what changes has the DESTINY brought for our romantic couple, Myungsoo and Sungjong.

One important thing I have noticed recently is, Sungjong seems to take charge. Before, Sungjong was the passive receiver of Myungsoo's love and attention (over-attention) but nowadays, Sungjong has stepped his game up. It's almost as if he wants to give us a sneek-peek of who is actually in charge in their relationship.

 

The first hint we have of that is this: Sungjongie rubbing Myungsoo's tummy inside the DESTINY mv!

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

Now I know what you're thinking, Myungsoo has such a super flabby stomach (ahem) that the maknae couldn't resist. But then, we have the fact that Sungjong is actually petting Myungsoo. SUNGJONG PETTING MYUNGSOO, not the other way around. I mean since when does he do that?

 

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

He's showing everyone that he's not the cute pet, no, actaully, Myungsoo's the pet. Yes folks, he has Myungsoo wrapped around his pretty little finger. And just look at Myungsoo, all shy and red in the face.

And let me take a moment here to spazz about how cute they look together!

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

Sungjong seems relentless to prove how powerless Myungsoo is in his hands at the fansigns as well. How cute, these two use fansigns to tell everyone how much in love they are. Here are some lovely fanaccounts from the Seoul Fansign:

  • Sungjong is sweating because of the lights, so he's using a little electric fan to cool himself down, and directed the fan at Myungsoo too!
  • Sungjong just aegyo-ed again! With rabbit ear buing buing~~~
  • Sungjong aegyo-ed again and Myungsoo just looked at him in disbelief and clapped. LOL
  • Sungjong is a tease LOL. He ped his vest and everyone went crazy. But he was wearing a shirt inside hahaha
  • Sungjong took off his jacket and put it on Myungsoo, and Myungsoo just hid his face in his hands, so shy. Although it was hot, he didn't take off the jacket. He wrapped it tightly around him and smelled it.
  • Fanaccount by @InfispiritSG  translation: @qhuong

 

See, Sungjong taking the initiatives, that is so unlike Sungjong. But that is what Sungjong is, a leader (even though he's the maknae). This also makes me think that the maknae may not be that unwilling about showering affection on Myungsoo. While everyone in INFINITE is fighting for Sungjong, the maknae looks like he has made up his mind.

 

Credit: @ps_lovely

 

It's also very endearing how they both show affection in the same way, as well as the same place.

 

Credit: myung-.tumblr.com

 

Look at Myungsoo, acting all childish while Sungjong acts ll grown-up. Maybe he is a bit sad now that everyone knows how he can't say anything over Sungjong. So he chooses to ignore his bouquet.

Credit: myung-.tumblr.com

 

Now that is an epic reversal! But he doesn't forget to stare at his precious maknae.

Credit: myung-.tumblr.com

 

Here is another fanaccount:

During Music Bank performance: Sungjong pretended to punch Myungsoo lightly on his side and Myungsoo burst out laughing.

Credit: @qhuong

 

Why did Myungsoo laugh? Is it because he believes his precious Jongie will never hurt him? Or is it because he knows even a punch from Jongie will be like heaven.

Now I don't know if you've noticed this or not, a lot of the members complained that Sungjong hits them and it hurts a lot when Sungjong hits them. But I have never heard Myungsoo complaining about Sungjong hitting him. Love turns painful punches into sweet touches, so that's great, right Myungsoo?

 

But some things never change. Even when the world is upside down, there are things that remain the same.

All this didn't stop Myungsoo from going about his usual business. Like staring at Sungjong:

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

Staring at his y back (Myungsoo must love their new outfits. And he probably persuaded Sungjong not to wear a tanktop inside).

Credit: monodrama

 

or taking pictures together:

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

And taking his pictures

 

I'm in the middle of waiting for my turn of the jacket photo shooting while listening to music. Then L hyung came to soothe away my boredom.

Credit: @qhuong

 

Of course L hyung will come to soothe away your boredom...

By the way, I think no can fully capture Sungjong's perfection like Myungsoo. No one.

 

Or wrapping his arms around him, like a couple in love (which they are).

Credit: @inspirit_aya

 

And finally escorting his bride away from the fans (Don't forget, he's still wary of the fans)

 

Credit: myung-.tumblr.com

 

Wearing yellow couple headphones and hugging Sungjong to death

Credit: losergyu.tumblr.com

 

So why did Sungjong want to take the upperhand in this relationship? Maybe he didn't like being so shy...

Credit: im-luciel.tumblr.com

 

And also maybe to protect Myungsoo? Because the Myungsoo was trying to eat up Sungjong in front of everyone, people might think of him as a villain who's harrassing the poor maknae. Now Sungjong can't have that, right? After all, it's his beloved Myungsoo hyung.

 

Finally, there's this interview Myungsoo and Sungjong gave to the CamCam magazine.

 

So according to the preview of CanCam magazine, Myungsoo and Sungjong were interviewed together (just like in K-boys Paradise) and in the preview it was said that during the interview, Myungsoo had done/said something strange/weird that even made Sungjong laughed so hard to the point spitting out the water he was drinking onto the table and then even Myungsoo also laughed really hard along.

Also in the preview, it said that when Sungjong was thinking how to answer the question, Myungsoo was like asking Sungjong “How about Sungjong? What do you think” and put all of his attention to the cute maknae.

Q: “How about if you like a member in your group?”


Sungjong: “Why do you keep asking questions about love?? (laugh)”

L: “Huh ~ answering a question by a question ~ (laugh) this is new!”

Sungjong: “Since it’s a question is it not OK for me to not answering it? (laugh)”

Q: “If it’s too difficult it’s OK (that you dont have to answer) (laugh)”

L: “Bye….I’ll pass this! Sorry~~~~~♥”

Sungjong:  ”Then me too~♥ Sorry~~~~~♥”

Credit: @qhuong

 

Okay so people drumrolls here. Why does Sungjong and Myungsoo avoid the question? Maybe because they have already fallen for a member of the group! So what else do you answer this question with, except for "Been there, done that." ? But they can't say that outright, they've been giving out subtle, and not-so subtle hints for ages. Now just saying clearly would spoil all the fun. So they both worm out of this question very efficiently. they probably had a very good laugh after the interview, in their room, in each other's arms.