Infinite's New Transformation

The MyungJong Files

Who's ready for INFINITE?

 


I know I am. WOOLLIM, COME AT ME. And please bring the old logo back. It's smexier. 

 

So the way this works is, INFINITE gets a new logo for each comeback. And delib and I have mixed feelings about this one. On the bright side, it means the comeback is near~ but... well I'll tell you why it's not my favorite in a bit =P First I'll let delib say something nice. 

 

I think the logo is a very important indication - firstly, this infinite sign is drawn with smooth lines unlike the previous brush- one - maybe this time they'll have a smooth romantic choreography unlike the aggressive and strong choreography chaser. And when I saw romantic, what's the first thing that comes to your mind? MyungJong of course!

Compared to the previous unicolored logo, this logo has two colors - two colors which might mean union. Union of two souls, union between Infinite and Inspirit, Union between the members and music, union between Myungsoo and Sungjong...

Also notice that the logo and name looks computerised - Infinite, after promoting traditional Korean words and type of music is probably going for a modern look. Everything will be modern - the song, the dance, the looks, the fashion. Speaking of modern fashion - who are the forerunners of fashion in Infinite again? That's right Myungsoo and Sungjong! Fashion King number 1 and 2. So we can hope the couple to take center spot.

This logo, with its perfect lines, also seem more...complete? With the earlier logos, there was room (as Rose unnie says later) but this logo is solid and complete. Now that Sungjong has spent almost a year in his adulthood, maybe they feel that a certain perfection or completion have to be reached. Inifnite always transforms, so does their logo and this is what makes them Infinite. But the infinity symbol, no matter how changed it is, is still the infinity symbol which says that Infinite is still the Infinite we know and love.

Okay here's my thing with the logo. 

 

This right here.  See how Sungjong is in color? And everyone else is in black and white? 

Sungjong is my color. He's that pop that brings INFINITE together. Unless this logo is Woollim's way of promising me more Sungjong, I DON'T WANT IT. I want the black and white iness, that pulls INFINITE together. I want the surprise of Sungjong, his winks, his hair, his smile, that brings INFINITE to life. I want my babies just the way they were meant to be.

That said, I will likely change my mind when the actual photos of my baby boys come out.




But there's one more issue with the logo. The same reason delib likes it, I hate it. Shireo.
It's computerized. 

Why is that so horrible?

Because I doodle in my spare time. And now I will never doodle that perfection again, not that I ever could, but it's just one more reminder that INFINITE is just a little too perfect.

Or are they? For those of you who read Himduro, you might have guessed by now how much my heart breaks over this. They have a comeback; I'm so excited. They probably aren't sleeping; I want to cry.


What did I love about this?



and this?


 



 

There's room. 

There's room to grow, to love, to make mistakes. 

INFINITE doesn't have to be computer-perfect. Because they are human-perfect. They don't have to be dancing machines, because it's when Myungsoo slips and gets right up again that we love him most. They don't have to follow the strict confines of INFINITE, because it's when Myungsoo does those dorky faces and says those dorky phrases that we love him most.

Just because Sungjong has grown up, it doesn't mean INFINITE has to be "perfect" now. It means it's been perfect and will continue to be that way. The INFINITE logos from before touch my heart in a way only imperfection can.

INFINITIZE. Script. Dongwoo's handwriting after scrapping rap lyric after rap lyric. And despite all the haze in between, you still see the bigger picture. And it looks better. More artistic. 

OVER THE TOP. Fingers. Myungsoo's fingers in that silly pose of his that only he can make look attractive. 

FIRST INVASION. The red string of love. You've invaded my heart, and I don't ever want you to leave. You don't need to tie these strings, because I'll keep them wrapped around my fingers as long as a can.



INFINITE HWAITING!

 

---

While we're all excited about the Infinite comeback, we were also planning to present some great MyungJong fanfics to you along with delicious behind stories. More on that here.