❧ ℭhapter 21 ➥ Finding Courage

Dance to Love

 

 

 

 

 

-----------HYEMI ' S  POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What on earth that I am doing?!Oh my god! I touch that unknown guy! I felt someone was inside me just now! HyeMi-ah… What trouble did you get yourself in?

I looked at my finger that touched the unknown guy just now. He felt…warm… Just like when I hug Zico oppa…

“HyeMi-ah! You’ll be dead if he found you! You look like a stalker!” I said to myself as I ran towards the dance studio back although I barely remember the way back.

Suddenly, a voice startled me.

“HYEMI!”

“G-Gin!” I looked at her. Thank goodness!

I ran towards her and quickly hugged her. I can tell that she was shocked in my action.I’m freezing!

“OH MY GOD! HYEMI! YOU’RE FREEZING! What are you doing here dressing like that? You’ll catch a cold!” She quickly took of her black leather jacket and put it around me before bringing me to a warmer place.

 

 

“So, you went out from the dance studio and you can’t find the way back again?” Mianhae Gin-ah! I slightly lied to you…

“Gin-ah, do you have any clothes that I can wear? Can I borrow yours? I need to rush somewhere after this.” I said to her.

“Of course you can! A beautiful princess will wear my clothes! YAHOO!! Let’s go now!” She shouted before pulled me, asking me to follow her.

“Hold on, Gin-ah!”

 

-----------NARRATOR ' S  POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“HyeMi-ah… You look… stunning…” Gin gasped to see the beauty in front of her eyes.

“W-Waeyo? Is there something wrong?” HyeMi checked her outfit.

“It’s the first time I saw someone that can be so beautiful only with jeans and long sleeve shirt!” Gin said with passion.

HyeMi looked towards her friend, and gave her a hug.

“I’m wearing makeup Gin-ah…” HyeMi chuckled.

“No! It wa-“ Gin tried to speak but her words had been cut off.

“I really love you and I really want to have a chat with you but I’ve got to rush to a very important place! Thank you very much for this outfit! I’ll return it tomorrow. I promise! Bye, my love!” HyeMi quickly gave a peck onto Gin’s cheek and hugged her again before rushed towards the door of the changing room.

Gin replied her wave and watched her walked away from her. Her smile vanished as HyeMi was nowhere to be seen anymore.

“Your beauty from inside was the one that showed out, not only your genetically beautiful physique. I wonder if she will hate me when she knew about me... Will that ‘thing’ went to her too?“ Gin lost in her sea of thoughts.

“Dear God… Please don’t let her know who I was and don’t let that ‘thing’ took her smile away.” Gin prayed in her heart.

 

 

HyeMi was in the taxi, on her way to the hospital for her further treatment. After picking up her things at the dance studio, she rushed to take a cab.

HyeMi cannot divert her thoughts from what had happened earlier. She looked at her finger that had touched the boy.

He’s… warm…” HyeMi spoke inside her heart.

HyeMi looked outside the window. The streets were still packed with people although the night had engulfed the sun.

“Maybe I can tell Doctor Yoon about this. I didn’t feel scared just now.”

“Mom, maybe I will not be scared of men anymore…”

“Maybe, if I learn to fight my fear, that nightmare won’t come again…”

 

 

HyeMi was inside her childhood room, and her fear started to build up. The bed, the table, was where all the tragedy begins.

She flinched as Doctor Yoon opened the door to greet her. The beautiful doctor gave her a warm hug.

“It’s okay dear. No one’s gonna hurt you. I’m here.” Doctor Yoon gave her a kiss on the crown of her head.

As HyeMi was being hugged by Doctor Yoon, Jiseung slowly entered the room that made HyeMi quickly diverted her eyes away from him.

“Jiseung-ah! Come and sit beside HyeMi!” Doctor Yoon pulled him.

HyeMi tugged Doctor Yoon shirt as soon Jiseung was beside her. She then whispered about the earlier incident to her doctor.

“Really? You want to try that? If you can master overcome your fear on this one, we can speed up your rehab!” The doctor said with hope.

HyeMi nodded and Doctor Yoon pulled her son’s hand.

“Ma! What are you doing?” Jiseung awkwardly said.

“Be a gentleman! Ask for her hand. Quick!” Doctor Yoon commanded his charming son.

HyeMi was looking down towards the floor. Jiseung sighed a bit because of her mother’s cheerful attitude that sometimes can cause him headache.

“M-May I?”Jiseung charmingly asked for her hand.

HyeMi slowly extended her hands out but her hands trembled as if she was seeing a ghost in front of her.

“HyeMi… It’s going to be okay…  Jiseung will not harm you. Let yourself free.” Doctor Yoon whispered towards her while her shoulders, releasing the tense.

HyeMi closed her eyes and suddenly, she felt her hands was being wrapped by a warm big hand. However, she cannot think positively in her childhood’s room as she started to let out her tears while she was being held by Jiseung.

Her breath started to accelerate and she was trembled hardly inside his touch. Jiseung wanted to let free of his hand but Doctor Yoon restricted him from doing so.

“Don’t close your eyes. Open it. It’s not that guy. It’s your friend. It’s okay…” The doctor voiced again.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Jiseung that was smiling at her charmingly.

“Calm yourself… Don’t break your ties yet. I’m going to take it one step further so I can record it.”

HyeMi kept trembling while she was wiping her tears. She tried to pull her hands out from him but he tightly held onto her hands.

“Speak to her. Tell her about anything, so that she can listen to you instead of her mind. Quick!” Doctor Yoon whispered to her son.

Jiseung calmed himself and went closer to HyeMi.

“HyeMi… Gwenchana…It’s me, Jiseung, your new friend. Don’t listen to your mind. It’s only your imaginations. You’re here with Doctor Yoon and me. I wanted to know about yourself more as your friend and I need you to calm yourself first. Nothing will hurt you here.” Jiseung held both of her trembling and cold hands.

“Save me…SAVE ME PLEASE!!”HyeMi screaming agony and try to run out from the room.

In a blink of time, Jiseung back-hugged her and restricted her hands from fighting back. Doctor Yoon quickly held her cheeks and forced her to open her teary eyes.

“Open your eyes dear. It’s me… Shhh…It’s me... Fight your imagination back, dear. You’re a strong girl… It’s okay.” Doctor Yoon desperately said while HyeMi was struggling inside Jiseung’s embrace.

Her eyes jolted open together with her deep gasp. All she can see was Doctor Yoon was cupping her face and she was being tightly hugged by Jiseung. It was not the same as her imagination where the guy that destroyed her life, was touching her body.

Her blue eyes were traumatized by the vision of the , as she didn’t let out a single word from . She was trembling, looking around with her teary eyes in terror, half-conscious.

“Jiseung, take my black bag on my table! Quick, before she screams again!” Doctor Yoon pulled HyeMi from Jiseung and carried her to the bed.

Jiseung rushed towards his mother’s office, leaving them. Doctor Yoon put her on the bed before quickly hugging her, her hair like a mother as HyeMi was still traumatized, didn’t say any words and she was frozen.

“Look here, darling. There’s nothing would hurt you here. Fight your imagination…please dear…. You can do it. Don’t let him chase after you. Get out from your memory, dear!” Doctor Yoon desperately forced the girl.

She laid a gaze onto Jiseung that was looking at her in worry after he rushed back into the room with a black bag. Suddenly, she snapped back to reality and looked around as her delusions about the place she was almost vanished in front of her eyes.

“D-Doctor…” HyeMi slowly burst into tears.

“Oh my God… HyeMi! Thank goodness…” Doctor Yoon hugged her tightly.

HyeMi kept staring at Jiseung as her tears continued to roll down. To his shock, HyeMi reached his hand and Doctor Yoon’s hand before brought it towards her chest.

“I-I’m s-sorry… I-I’m r-really s-sorry…” She whispered while crying hardly.

“Jiseung, help her settle on the bed. I need to give her an injection.” Doctor Yoon whispered to her son.

Jiseung softly lifted her and settled her on the bed. With his hand, he softly her cheeks, wiping off the tears that trailed on her cheeks.

Suddenly, she winced because of the needle pricked on her skin.

“HyeMi? Can you hear me?” Doctor Yoon voiced.

HyeMi nodded as she was half-conscious with her depression. Soon after that, she closed her eyes and dozed to dreamland because of the medicine.

 

 

The door of HyeMi’s room opened, revealing a beautiful woman in skinny jeans and white blouse. A worried look plastered on her face as she walked towards Doctor Yoon.

“Good evening, doctor. How was she? Is there anything wrong?”

“Miss Jessica. Have a seat first.” Doctor Yoon bowed politely.

“About her… I need your permission to give her some medications to control her depression and also…I think it’s better if she stays in hospital for quite a while.” Doctor Yoon seriously voiced.

Jessica remained silent and her gaze lay onto HyeMi that was sleeping on her bed.

“About her medications, some parents didn’t want these because of society. When she takes this medicine, society can be insulting and saying that she is a girl with psychological records.” Doctor Yoon said again.

“Here, this is the clip for just now.” Doctor Yoon gave her the IPad.

Jessica covered , gasped with HyeMi’s ‘illness’.

“This room is specially designed with camera and this design is the same with her house… where all the tragedy begins. That’s why I said it’s better for her to stay here so that I can easily monitored her nightmares too.”

 

 

“Miss Jessica? Did you make up your mind yet?” Doctor Yoon said.

Jessica was at the edge of the bed, HyeMi’s hair like a baby and gave a peck onto her forehead.

“Yes. Just give her the medicine. About the society… we’ll keep it as a secret as much as we could from the other students. If one day this thing was known by everybody, I’ll be the one who’s responsible in taking care of her. I promise.” Jessica said seriously.

“Okay then. But she didn’t have to take the medicine every day and I will decrease the dosage if every treatment is successful.” Doctor Yoon scribbled something on the paper.

“About her staying here, it was really convenient, but you should ask her. If she says okay, I will make sure no one from Kiria sees her in here.”

“If she wants, we need to transfer her to another place. This is just my office. The psychology hospital is near to Kiria. There we have a lot more advance technology and the rooms there are designed specifically for me to watch over her. She can go to school easily, too. This is Seoul Hospital and it is far from Kiria so if we transferred her to there, it would be easy.”

“Oh, you mean that huge white building before entering Kiria?” Jessica asked.

“Yes. That’s the one. I need to do some paperwork so maybe you could talk to her? If I have my own patient, I can go there and get a room for her too.”

“I’ll try. I will do anything to see her cured again.”

“Me too. She’s a very special patient, indeed.”

“Thank you so much. I’ll sleep with her tonight. You should go home.” Jessica shook hand with Doctor Yoon and smiled.

“Yeah, my son is waiting in my office. I should go now. Her next treatment is tomorrow. Good night.” Doctor Yoon smiled before taking her black bag and walked out form the room.

 

-----------JESSICA' S  POV---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She’s strong but she’s in pain. How can she survive all of this time?

I supported my head up with my arm comfortably while closing the gap between me and her. She was sleeping peacefully as I her hair.

She was so beautiful when she’s sleeping. Her face looks so calm.

As I was looking at her face, suddenly she moved a bit.

“Mom… Zico oppa…” She uttered as her hand was like finding something.

I was beside her quickly hugged her and bring her head closer to my chest before her shoulders to calm her down. What? Zico?!

“Hush, baby… I’m here. Sleep now. I’ll be by your side.” I pushed the fact that I’ve heard she mumbled Zico’s name after her face looks like she wanted to cry.

She moved and buried her face onto my neck. A drop of tears slowly rolling down from her eyes.

“Mom… I miss you so much. Don’t leave me again.” She murmured in her sleep.

I kissed her forehead, feeling the pain swelled in my heart. She’s more than what I know. She wants a love of a family that was missing in her life.

Without knowing, building tears that swam inside my eyes starting to drop as I giving her more and more kisses on her forehead.

 

-----------NARRATOR ' S  POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Stop saying sorry. It’s my job as your teacher to be here and help you.” Jessica HyeMi’s long hair.

“B-But still…” HyeMi stuttered.

“Okay… Listen to me. I’m the one that cover up your expenses for this medication so I have the authority to come and see you. I wanted to see you heal fast and never become like this anymore. It is painful for you and also for me. Please, dear… Heal fast so that you never be inside here anymore.”

Jessica’s words shut HyeMi’s from saying sorry. After HyeMi woke up at that morning, she kept saying sorry to her principal that spend the night with her as she barely remember what happen to her.

HyeMi sighed and nodded in agreement.

 

<*KNOCK**KNOCK*>

 

“Good morning, beautiful!” Doctor Yoon entered the room.

Following behind her was Jiseung who was holding a tray of HyeMi’s breakfast and medicine. His eyes met her eyes that made her looked down, blushing red.

“Here is your breakfast. And medicine.” Jiseung put it on the table before politely bowed to Jessica.

“How do you feel today?” Doctor Yoon asked her.

“F-Fine… Thank you.” HyeMi bowed nervously to Doctor Yoon.

“Let’s do a little check-up then.”

Doctor Yoon examined her and recorded something on her file. She then sat beside HyeMi, smiling sweetly.

“Dear, what’s bothering you?” Doctor Yoon suspected something.

“D-Doctor… Is my illness curable?” The blue-eyed girl asked making all the people inside the room fell in silence.

“Yes. If you fight for it. Anything is possible if you trust yourself.” Doctor Yoon smiled, looking deep inside the blue eyes in front of her.

HyeMi smiled but inside her, she was screaming in happiness. She don’t want her mother to see her still in her ‘disease’ if she could see her mom soon and she promised herself to make this work.

“Jiseung, can you make sure that she eats the food and the meds? I want to talk to Miss Jessica for a while. Accompany her.”

Jessica followed Doctor Yoon outside the room leaving the two of them together. Jiseung prepared her breakfast as she started to feel scared.

“I-I’m sorry for yesterday… I-uh…” He stuttered and saw she shook her head in disagreement signaling that it’s not his fault.

“Um… Do you remember what happen yesterday?” He asked.

HyeMi shook her head as Jiseung pushed the table to her bed. She looked at her hands that was trembling and cold while he was beside her, setting up her breakfast.

She clasped her hand tightly, trying to shove off her anxious scary feeling that develop if he was nearing her.

“Here. Eat your medicine. It helps you to calm down a bit.” Jiseung poured the water for her.

He saw that her hand that was reaching for the pills inside a small box trembled hardly. She quickly shoved it into , desperately.

Jiseung handed over a glass of water and she gulped it harshly. Her trembling hands didn’t fade away. She stared at both of her hands, feeling frustrated with herself.

Tears were starting to form in her eyes as she kept staring at both of her hands that obviously trembling and she was very frustrated because she didn’t want it.

Suddenly, to her shock, Jiseung held her trembling hands softly and looked at her.

“Breathe deeply… It’s me, your friend.” Jiseung gave her his warmth by holding both of her hands tightly.

HyeMi tried to pull out her hands, however he secured them.

“Close your eyes, breathe...”

She followed his guide and slowly she felt her heart relaxing. Unconsciously, she held onto his hands, feeling the vision of the inside her eyes as she close them, slowly fade away.

“Your medicine that you took just now helps you to relax. Now, breathe deeply continuously until you’ve calm yourself.” Jiseung conducted her.

She let out her rare smile after she felt calm and it melted him. Just when about he wanted to hug her, his mind stopped him from doing so.

“Come, let’s eat. After this, let’s take a walk, okay? If you don’t finish your meal I won’t take you.” He stirred the porridge.

HyeMi nodded and smiled again as she quickly eat the porridge that left him chuckled to her innocent personality.

“Slowly… HyeMi-ah...” Jiseung smiled, loving the feeling when she was with her.

 

 

“Let’s go. I’ll take you to my favorite place.” Jiseung opened the door of her room while HyeMi followed behind her.

Doctor Yoon and Jessica were watching them from the CCTV while smiling.

“Looks like he was falling in love right now.” Doctor Yoon voiced.

“HyeMi is too adorable, I wonder who is able to resist her, right?” Jessica smiled.

 

 

“Here they are. Come. I always went here if I wait for my mother to finish her work.” Jiseung went into the room.

HyeMi followed him into the room and see two nurses that were doing their work.

“Noona... I brought a friend today.” Jiseung approached the nurses.

“Ah! Jiseung-ah! Whoa… So beautiful! You don’t seem sick…but why are you wearing that hospital clothes?” Another nurse looked at HyeMi with a smile on her face.

“Oh… She’s my mother’s patient. PTSD and some others problems.” Jiseung explained.

“Oh my God! Are you okay? I’m so sorry… What is your name, beautiful?” The nurses approached HyeMi and concerning her.

“A-Annyeong h-haseyo… I’m Lee Hye Mi… J-Just call me HyeMi.” HyeMi bowed nervously to the nurses.

“What a beautiful friend you have, Jiseung-ah… I thought she was a doll just now. Come here, HyeMi! I think you would like to see the baby. She’s adorable.” One of the nurses pulled her hand.

The nurses opened the curtain revealing a baby girl inside her small pink crib, sleeping peacefully.

“Her name is Min Jin. She’s only three weeks. One of the staff here found her at a park, dumped by her own mom, I think. Unfortunately, she had a weak heart.” The nurse explained while she held her check-up paper.

“She was strong enough to be able to live till now. And now, the hospital adopted her and keep her safe here. Other staff can come and take care of her. All the supplies of her medicine and other necessities was paid by the owner of this hospital.” Another nurse spoke up.

HyeMi remained silent, as the baby was same as her, without parents. Her facial expression changed as she went nearer to the crib, staring at the peaceful baby.

“Is she had taken her milk?” Jiseung asked, breaking the silent.

“Not yet. Jiseung, can you feed her? We need to rush to a meeting after this.” The nurse said.

“Okay. I’ll take care of her. And her.” Jiseung pointed to HyeMi.

The nurses smiled before hugged HyeMi and showering her with positive words that made her felt 'accepted'.

Jiseung went to the crib and opened the veil of the baby’s crib.

“Do you like babies?” Jiseung asked.

HyeMi nodded silently. Her tears urged to fall down, seeing the innocent baby that had the same story as her.

Suddenly, Min Jin started crying as it was her time for her milk. HyeMi quickly took her out from the crib.

“Hush… Jin-ah... I'm here. I will take care of you, dear. Let’s feed you…” HyeMi rocked Min Jin with all of her love as if she was her daughter.

Jiseung stunned to see how naturally HyeMi took care of Min Jin and how much love spreading between her soft words and delicate movement handling the small baby.

HyeMi searched for the milk, however Jiseung went to her and gave her the small pink bottle.

She smiled at him, before feeding the reddish-skin baby.

HyeMi held the bottle as Min Jin stopped squealing as she felt the of the bottle at her small mouth. HyeMi smiled and gave her a soft kiss on her forehead.

“You’re very natural taking care of her… “Jiseung spoke as he watched HyeMi still kissed Min Jin’s forehead.

Jiseung froze at the moment he saw a drop of tears from HyeMi trailed down to Min Jin’s soft cheek. He wanted to ask her but he knew that her answer was just silence so he acted like he didn’t see it.

HyeMi quickly turned around to wipe her tears while still embracing the little baby in her arms.

“Sorry, Min Jin…” HyeMi whispered and smiled again.

Jiseung went towards her and softly kissed Min Jin that was in HyeMi’s arms. From afar, they looked like newlyweds and Jiseung thought about it inside his heart.

“She finished her milk. Let me take the bottle.” He was too near to HyeMi, however HyeMi didn’t felt scared anymore.

As Jiseung took the bottle, Min Jin slowly opened her eyes and looked at HyeMi. Her small eyes were looking around, trying to say that she’s awake now.

“Good morning, dear… Let’s make you burp first.” HyeMi spoke to the little baby in her arms.

HyeMi put her back into her crib before opening the cloth that was wrapping her. Jiseung was beside HyeMi, watching Min Jin was holding to HyeMi’s index finger cutely.

“Come and visit her anytime you want. I will tell the other staffs so that you can take care of her.” Jiseung spoke.

HyeMi looked at him and nodded.

 

 

“H-Here are t-the assignment… A-Am I late?” HyeMi said.

HyeMi went to the school although it was weekend. After her psychological treatment, she rushed towards the school.

“Not at all. You are too early to submit this, though.” Seohyun smiled at her.

“W-Well, then… K-Kamsahamnida…” HyeMi smiled.

“Hyun, come with m-“ A male voice suddenly interrupted them.

“Oppa. What are you doing here?” Seohyun stood up abruptly.

“Oh! I’m sorry… You’ve got a student. Hello! I think you’re the new crew of the Music Club, right?” The male voice spoke.

As HyeMi looked up, it was her teacher, Yonghwa. HyeMi bowed nervously before nodded to his statement.

“Really? I thought you were in the Dance Club.” Seohyun said.

“Umm… HyeMi, right? HyeMi, can I borrow your teacher for a while?” Yonghwa spoke as if HyeMi was a little girl.

HyeMi nodded and smiled to Seohyun.

“I’ll check you assignment later. See you in the class. Make sure to finish up your homework! Here’s some gogumas for you.” Seohyun tidy up her place a bit before following Yonghwa towards the door.

“For me? It’s not fair!” Yonghwa playfully asked before earned a light slap from Seohyun onto his arms.

HyeMi thanked both teachers before watching they rushed towards the glass door of the administration building.

“I need to see Miss Jessica about the performance. Maybe she was inside her room?” HyeMi thought.

 

 

Zico was sitting comfortably inside Jessica’s office, after she had called him yesterday.

“Zico. I guess you did well on your exam last year. Well done. As expected from you, you keep your promise.” Jessica said seriously.

Zico remained silent in his place as Jessica closed the file in front of her and looked at him.

“You know Lee Hye Mi, right?” Jessica voiced.

Zico remained silent once again, however his expression shows that he was distracted by the question.

“She spoke your name…when she’s sleeping. I slept together with her at the hospital yesterday. It seems like you are very precious to her.” Jessica predicted, not leaving her gaze on his sharp eyes.

“Yes. I know her.” Zico confessed.

“I don’t want to say anything about it, but please, I’m begging you not to involve her into danger. Please. You are the one that saved her.”

“She will not. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Thank you. I need your help. She’s now undergoes her treatment and I need your help in her treatment after discussing it with doctor.”

Zico muted himself but he looked at Jessica sharply.

“I need her to familiarize with guys and made her think that she didn’t have to be scared of them.” Jessica implied after a no-reply from him again.

“She should be scared of me and my group members. We are dangerous.” Zico said.

“Yeah. I know but do you think she was scared when she sees you like the other students here? No guy that she could approach so naturally, except you. You don’t have to worry. The treatment with you just for once. Please.”

“What should I do?”

“Maybe you can introduce her to your members? I need an environment with guys so that she can control how to react with her phobia. I think she would be glad to follow you. Hana said she was very happy to see you….even hugging you.” Jessica looked into his eyes.

Zico muted himself, finding a good reason to say no. However, what she was saying was true. She didn’t scared at all with him although he nearly killed her.

“Please, do not harm her. She was still in confusion to know what she could do with a guy or not. She isolated herself from guys for a merely long time and now she’s got you, she might not protect what she have to because she trusted you.”

“If I do bad things to her? I won’t tolerate.”

“You won’t. I know and I believe it.”

Her determination made Zico silent. She was right in every aspects of her talking. He stood up and walked towards the door, running away from the fact that he have to help the blue-eyed girl for the sake of her safety because she was involving with him.

As soon he opened the door was merely a miracle.

HyeMi was standing in front of the door of Jessica’s office, looking shocked with the presence of Zico inside the office.

“HyeMi!” Jessica shouted from inside of her room happily as she stood up to welcome her.

Zico mentally cursed himself as he saw HyeMi that was standing in front of her, looking at him in confusion.

“Good timing, dear.” Jessica smirked at Zico.

“A-Annyeong haseyo, Miss Jessica…. Annyeong haseyo, o-oppa… A-Am I disturbing you?” HyeMi bowed 90 degrees to them.

“No! Not at all! Come inside for a while. With your oppa, too.” Jessica stared at Zico.

 

 

“You will be going for a trip with your oppa for a day for your treatment! Isn’t that awesome? It’s for your treatment and he will monitor you so that you can control your fear with guys.” Jessica held HyeMi’s hand in excitement.

“O-Oppa will h-help too?” HyeMi looked at his eyes with full of hope.

Zico didn't say anything but he sighed hardly as he cursed inside his mind.

“Yeah! After your examination and your dance evaluation, you’ll go straight after that!” Jessica voiced again.

“B-But… O-Oppa seems d-didn’t like it… M-Mianhaeyo, o-oppa…” HyeMi worriedly stated that made Zico and Jessica loss of their words.

“No. Not like that. I’ll bring you.” Zico quickly said although he surely didn’t like the idea.

“See? Don’t worry. Next week you will be learning more from Doctor Yoon to overcome the fear. Maybe when you’ll follow your oppa, you’ll know what to do. Okay? Your oppa will bring you to interesting places so make sure you do well in your exam and go for a holiday!”

“D-De! W-Will Miss Jessica go too?” HyeMi asked.

“No. I’m sorry dear I can’t accompany you. I need to fly to Singapore after the exam week. You will go with your oppa.”

HyeMi looked at Zico, exchanging silent gaze before she smiled to him that made his heart beats erratically.

Jessica smiled, looking how HyeMi could change his cold and mean attitude of him just in nick of time. However, Jessica really have to trust him although no one here, brave enough to be friends with their group.

 

 

“O-Oppa!” HyeMi ran towards Zico who was walking, outside the administration building.

Before he could completely turned around to see her, she hugged him earnestly as if she didn’t want to be separated from him.

“Yes, baby?” Zico calmly said, her hair as she snuggled into his shirt and at the same time she shot adrenaline to his heart.

“O-Oppa... D-Don’t get mad...” HyeMi looked up while she was still tightly hugging him.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Zico questioned again.

“I-I’ll buy o-oppa ice-cream! B-But please don’t get mad at me…” HyeMi hugged him again.

“I don’t get it, baby.” Zico guided her chin up to meet his eyes.

“I-It’s not my idea just now… O-Oppa don’t have to help me in my treatment if oppa don’t-“

“Shh… Baby, you’re mistaken. I’m not mad at you and I will be gladly to help you for your treatment. About the idea earlier, I was thinking where I should bring you. Don’t make false judgments, Lee Hye Mi.” He chuckled while her pale white skin became redder.

“Someone’s blushing… Cute.” Zico squatted a bit to see her embarrassed face.

Jessica was looking at those two from the glass wall of her office. She was shocked, at the same time, feeling curious to see how she could be really close to him until the point she could hug him naturally.

“I need to trust him. Dear God, please, don’t let anything bad happen to her anymore.” Jessica prayed earnestly.

 

 


After parting with Zico, she walked towards her class, hoping to study for the upcoming exam.

“I am sorry. But you cannot use the classroom unless you’ve made an appointment if you want to use it on the weekend.” The receptionist said.

HyeMi bowed to the receptionist on her class building before walked out from it.

“The library closed, the class also… and the dance studio still can’t be used… and I need some reference to make… Where can I go now?” HyeMi muttered to herself.

“I also had to practice for the show too. I need to schedule my time carefully. Let’s not be picky about where you could study, HyeMi-ah! You can sit anywhere if you want to study!” HyeMi exclaimed inside her heart.

 

 

HyeMi was sitting on the grass, leaning against the old huge tree where it was her place for recess with Gin, memorizing all the notes.

The atmosphere was quiet as she continued to read her note. The spring wind made her crunched herself, feeling her skin that gradually became cold.

“I need to fight with all of these! Let’s continue, HyeMi-ah! You’re a strong woman! Just a few more to go!” HyeMi talked to herself.

She continued memorizing all of the notes without knowing that someone was behind the tree, listening to all of her mumbles.

She was concentrated to her study as the guy stood up and take a peek of her.

“She’s the girl with Miss Hyoyeon! She looks like a living doll.” The guy thought while he peeked on HyeMi that was not moving, concentrating on her readings.

Suddenly, a strong wind came towards her that made the paper of her notes flies around.

“Oh no! Maybe this is not a good place to study! Come on papers, be a good paper, and don’t fly away!” HyeMi voiced as she rushed to pick up her notes that scattered around her.

The guy chuckled as he took one of her notes that flies and landed on his feet.

“Seems like she’s one of the brilliant girl. Beautiful handwriting.”

“Here you are! Don’t run away from me! We’re going home after this!” HyeMi spoke as she was busy picking up her papers on the green grass without knowing she was nearing the guy.

She stopped for a while after seeing a pair of sneakers in front of her eyes as she squatted down to pick up her papers. Her eyes slowly looked up however when he knew that it was a guy, she looked down abruptly.

“This is your last one. I’m sorry that I stepped on it a bit.” The guy voiced.

HyeMi was so shocked that made her fell down on her as she squatted down earlier to pick up another flying paper.

“H-Hey, are you okay?” The guy startled and quickly tried to help her.

HyeMi backed off from him that made him stopped from helping her. Her face turned ashen as if he was a ghost and she quickly stood up and rushed to take her bag.

“Hey! Your notes!” The guy chased after her as her steps became quicker, running away from the guy after she took her bags.

“You know, it is impolite for you to do that! I was just trying to help!” The guy shouted from back that made her stop almost immediately, shocked on the unknown guy’s words.

She was a very well-mannered, polite girl and his words really hit her.

“Calm down…” HyeMi looked at both of her hands that started to tremble.

HyeMi turned to see the guy, and he was smiling to her.

He was so handsome that HyeMi thought he was a prince in children’s bedtime stories that her mother would tell her every day before going to sleep. With a black thick hair and a very fair skin, she almost fell for him. Just now, she didn't managed to look at him completely.

However, her delusions snapped back to reality as her fear of guys awakens her after hearing his voice.

“Here it is, your notes. You should’ve not run away from me. I’m sorry that I even don’t know you but I’ve already say something bad to you.” The guy handed her notes and she took it with trembling hands.

HyeMi bowed 90 degrees to the person before walking away from him to cover her heavy breathing.

The guy watched her, feeling a little bit irritated because HyeMi didn’t say anything, not a single thanks to him.

“So much for a beautiful face but I think she attracted me more.” The guy thought before walking away from the place.

“Maybe I should approach her more lightly? She’s kind of interesting.”

 

 

---------END  OF CHAPTER 21

 

 

 

First one is my sister! princesza! Thanks for the ideas and support from you!! Love you always!

Also for my subscribers below! Thank you sooo much and hope you guys will be blessed always!

  • sharr18
  • nicoles4
  • afragilegirlxxx
  • Sarahlina
  • karilovee
  • sweetlove17
  • salmastyles
  • minhye253
  • Minmint1112
  • tlx2002
  • CSkies
  • japankoreachina
  • Sooyoung2863
  • chenxoxo
  • nanahyuniee
  • bkhynkzz
  • EnigmaSbe
  • Cupcake_Love
  • RingMaBell
  • MissuHiruko
  • sushi_sykes
  • Huiyoung2824
  • yongjanice
  • music4ever-_-kun
  • arenith
  • Mellyp
  • JenniferHyun
  • wputriw
  • mjxxna
  • wonton124
  • suhorrible_
  • sweetpau15
  • jujuwe
  • RedLux9
  • Lenkaa
  • Soul56
  • kheart43
  • LilRosiie
  • Maddynevergivesup
  • acsxangie
  • kwluhan
  • chanyoghurt
  • vicerynn
  • Mimi_tea
  • bean320
  • aphrodite123
  • PikaSjOwls
  • Maiyuzi
  • Sena13
  • anstella
  • poohpooh2001
  • caviar
  • TIFFANY28
  • taemanthestripper
  • kaiwenlovechanyeol
  • inspirit4ever
  • samsamphorn
  • Skydifferent
  • sehundianne
  • hunndeer140
  • Flower4
  • Sky_Stars
  • surfergirl101
  • lia172
  • Rin-Ji
  • HidayahXiumin
  • Starlight1502
  • Lingvx
  • tinado58
  • cat1989
  • Mywaitinglistofstory
  • katelynking2000
  • MissKpop1018
  • annabelleshlee
  • 33MissUnderground33
  • DREEEE
  • yongsun1235
  • Byul96
  • Exoticz3unnY
  • Youaremyboi
  • roxxanne
  • Sebbieshadow
  • HyoaHan
  • SungGyuWifes
  • schaeyeong
  • xoxola
  • BuingBaby
  • PinkSoshifiedMe
  • knuffelmuff
  • Cutegigi
  • christalla431
  • kayepop
  • vicky1999
  • Angie143
  • Sparta12
  • kaiilynvuu
  • LoVeShAwOl23
  • Skulls
  • alijae555
  • bigbangxnuest
  • kpoplover146
  • tamakikaname
  • imdumb
  • Rexychia
  • wardarabi
  • Perfect_Sherry
  • Carlise
  • JeonHyejeong
  • stessy_your_bestie
  • Wolfie-Rue
  • KissMeImnida
  • kpopluver3
  • Himchansylvania
  • tafa_marie
  • ailisu
  • 365Exotic365
  • AlwaysAnElf
  • Kpopmylife101
  • NuEstJjang

Annyeong! So, how was it? Who do you think that guy is? LOL!

First of all, thank you for every counts of supportive messages from you guys that patiently wait for my updates! It is nearing it’s twist so stay tuned! I really hope that this stories can be featured and I hope we can get lots and lots of more DTL family members after this.

DTL was written so that I can inspire people from my story. A girl with a tragic life but she still moving forward. We need that kind of attitude in our life to succeed. I love her innocent-but-strong willpower-type-of-attitude that HyeMi had.

You guys shouldn’t ever give up on your dreams because dreams are meant to become a reality. If you don’t pursue it, it will not become true!

That’s all from me and I hope I can update more! Annyeong!

Please continue subscribe me and I will love you till the end of my life!!!

Ah! Please vote for my story and comments!!! Kekeke~ Love readin' it!

Please continue subscribing and help me to improve my English-writing skills!

Hope you guys will always be healthy and happy! Love ya'll! 

 

Till next time!!!

With lots of lots of love,