❧ ℭhapter 23 ➥ The Truth

Dance to Love

 

 

-----------NARRATOR ' S  POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re getting more and more beautiful, my baby…”

“Mom will always be with you…”

“Keep our promise…”

“…Please….”

“…..”

“Baby?”

Her eyes jolted open from sleep, shocked and her eyes were wet because of her tears.

Her heart skipped a beat, because the Zico were standing behind her mom, in her dreams, calling her and made her woke up from her first dream of her mom.

“M-Mom…? Mom!!” She screamed bringing her knees to her face, curled herself while crying.

Painful.

Alone.

It was the first dream of her to dream about her mom. Her eyes diverted to the dream catcher, yanking it from the family photo.

The frame photo fell down from the nightstand, cracking the glass a bit around her mother’s face.

HyeMi didn’t care to pick it up as she clenched the dream catcher.

“Please…Please… Let me see my mom again…Please…”

She prayed while crying in agony. Her mother’s face was very clear in her mind, looking at HyeMi with the same blue eyes.

However, what she remembered the most was her mother’s painful expression and Zico’s presence in her dream.

“W-Why oppa was standing behind mom? Why…?”

Her mother seemed to fade away in that dream but she could clearly saw her. Her mother wore a painful smile on her face, looking at HyeMi with full of regret.

It hurts the girl even more.

“Mom, do you hate seeing me?” HyeMi thought in her heart, remembering her mother’s face in that dream.

“M-Mom… Please come back…”

 

 

HyeMi was reading for the exam preparation in her class. Others also were doing the same as hers, studying.

But her mind were diverting elsewhere.

Ricky took notice at her presence, as she was looking outside the window, her eyes were a bit swollen, and she seemed in pain.

Ricky continued to land his gaze on her instead of his book, feeling the swell inside his heart too.

“Hey, princess! What are yo-“ Gin suddenly made a cheerful appearance into the class that woke Ricky from his gaze towards the blue-eyed girl. However, she stopped after looking at HyeMi’s swollen eyes.

“Hey, girl.” HyeMi smiled sweetly to her but she’s aching inside.

“Princess, what’s wrong? Did you hurt? Or catch a cold?” Gin pulled her chair and sat facing HyeMi while caressing her cheeks.

“Ah… I-I think I-I’m getting a cold….” She lied.

“Omo! Here, my scarf. I think you need my special service.” Gin unwrapped her scarf from her neck and put it on her blue-eyed friend.

“Thanks… What is your special service?” HyeMi finally smiled a bit.

Gin pulled HyeMi into a warm hug. The sad girl was now be able to chuckle a bit because of her energetic tomboy friend. HyeMi received the hug by resting her head on her shoulder, as Gin softly her long hair.

“Please go away, cold, from my beautiful princess. This is the second last exam and tomorrow she has a dance evaluation that she needs to be healthy for! Please go away~” Gin said in a sing-song tune.

Ricky crept a smile looking at the two girls, exchanging sweet friendship among them.

His heart calmed a bit by looking at her smile again.

 

 
HyeMi was sitting together with her other female classmates in the cafeteria. Gin had to see Mr. Yonghwa right after the exam ends so she left early. Her classmates invited her for the first time to have a lunch with them while studying for the last examination paper.

“HyeMi-ah, what do you want to eat today?” Hae Raa, a girl with glasses asked, smiling.

“Ah! I think I’ll skip it. I have a dance training after this at 4.” HyeMi answered.

“Are you okay, skipping your meal like that? I heard that you had a cold.” Eun Ri, the silent girl that was sitting in front of her seat asked worriedly.

“Yeah. I’m okay. I’ll just go and grab some drinks there.” The blue-eyed girl pointed to a vending machine across the table.

“If you say so… Okay.”

HyeMi excuses herself before walking towards the vending machine, leaving the girls.

Actually, she can’t stop thinking about her dream. It pains her to know something that she couldn’t understand. Why Zico present in her dream? Why did her mother look at her as if she regretted seeing her?

She sighed while she inserted the money inside the vending machine and pressed the button of her favorite strawberry milk.

“Huh? Why didn’t it come out?” HyeMi continued to press several times.

“Let me help you.” A guy voice startled her.

It was the same person that helped her to pick her flying notes at the big old tree. The handsome guy with a sharp eyes. HyeMi backed off a bit as he step forward in front of the vending machine.

He then swiftly kicked the vending machine – loud enough to startle HyeMi and several students and staffs that were enjoying their meal at the cafeteria.

The vending machine let out two bottle of strawberry milk and the guy took them.

“Hi. My name is Minhyun. We keep meeting like this. Do you remember me?”

HyeMi nodded, mesmerized by his eye-smile.

“Great. I thought you didn’t remember me although we train together. Ah! Here’s your strawberry milk. Take both of them. You’re really lucky.” Minhyun handed out the cold bottle of strawberry milk to her.

HyeMi took only one.

“K-Kamsahamnida…” HyeMi softly said that it almost a whisper.

“You really don’t talk much, right? Are you sure you don’t want both of it?” He chuckled.

HyeMi nodded again.

“Okay then, so this is the symbol of our first friendship and your friendship with NU’EST. Thanks for giving this free although you didn’t pay for it! I’ll see you at the dance studio then.” Minhyun said happily, leaving the girl without anything to say.

“Hyung! Who do you talking wi-“ Another voice from behind made Minhyun and HyeMi abruptly look behind.

HyeMi bowed towards the beautiful guy.

“Ren! What are you doing here?” Minhyun said, annoyed.

“A-Ah! HyeMi, right? A-Annyeong!” Ren approached and replied her bow.

HyeMi was fascinated by the two beauties in front of her, one being a guy with a beautiful girly-like features and the other one was very charming and outspoken.

It was fascinating for her to see their attitude.

“Are you taking your lunch here? Come and join us at our table, then!” Ren invited.

HyeMi pointed out towards her classmates that suddenly acting like they didn’t care as the two NU’EST boys were looking at them.

“I see… Well, your friends are waiting. Sorry for taking your time here. We’ll see you at the dance studio then. Thanks for this free strawberry milk!” Minhyun voiced happily, smiling.

HyeMi bowed for the last time before went back towards her place just to be showered by so many questions.

“HyeMi-ah! Lucky you! I have longed to talk to Minhyun!”

“Did you be friends with them? Do you have Ren’s number?”

“I really wanted to talk to them! Ren’s really cute!”

HyeMi chuckled seeing their serious fangirls expressions. Her smile stopped their commotion instantly.

“Whoa…You’re so beautiful when smiling…” One of her classmates looked at her, mesmerized.

The others agreed to her statement.

“You guys are beautiful too! Hey, aren’t we’re supposed to study right now? Come on, beauties!” HyeMi pinched Hae Raa’s nose cutely.

“Ah! We’re totally forgot about that! Yeah! Let’s start before HyeMi needs to go to practice.” They started to take out the books for studying.

 

 

30 minutes passed and they were diligently study – and HyeMi was their teacher.

“Whoa… HyeMi-ah, your concept is really easy to understand! I think I can write more answers than usual if it like this! Am I right, guys?” Hae Raa exclaimed in delight.

“You’re really beautiful, you mastered in dancing, you can cook, and you are clever… Just how perfect are you, Miss Lee Hye Mi?” Eun Ri said.

“I-I’m not perfect…” Her friend’s words ached her heart, as she started reading the notes again that didn’t even enter her mind.

“I’m worse than them. I’m a girl that was being hated by my own family. I made them left me.”

“Mom…”

“HyeMi! How about this one? I’m really bad at understanding concepts…” Eun Ri voiced, waking her up from her daydream.

“A-Ah! Let’s see…”

 

 

“….and there you’ll have the answer! It’s easy right? You need to have fun with it and don’t stress about it.”  HyeMi scribbled her teachings on the paper.

“Whoa… It’s really easy! I love the way you teach me! You know, I always didn’t understand in classes. With your help, it seems fun and easy!”

“Yeah! Same with me too!”

“Thank you, guys… Ah… I hope Gin also here, studying with us! She’ll be happy to be friend with you!” HyeMi exclaimed.

The two girls immediately became silent. They started to look at each other, not saying anything.

“I-Is that I’ve said something wrong? Why are you becoming silent?” The blue-eyed girl flustered.

“About Gin, do you really know her?” Hae Raa suddenly became serious as she put her pen, facing HyeMi.

“Hae Raa! Stop!” Eun Ri voiced.

“No! She has the right to know about that girl! I can’t stand to watch her being deceived! You need to know the truth about her!”

“H-Hey… Calm down… Why is it? What did I didn’t know about Gin?” HyeMi calmed the two of them.

“She is cursed!” Hae Raa shouted, making some of the students around giving them weird looks.

Silence creeps into their table.

“You know, it’s not nice to sai-“

“I’m not kidding, HyeMi. I’m being serious. Before you came, there’s plenty of her friends that got in bad circumstances after being friends with her. I don’t want you to be in that list too.”

HyeMi silenced herself, looking at Hae Raa’s serious eyes, saying that it was the truth.

“She was the daughter of a e. Her father was a rich politician and to cover her mother’s mouth, she was given money to abort her, but her mother claims for money to raise her.”

HyeMi silenced herself, feeling confused with the sudden story about her tomboy friend.

“Her mother kept her words to silence about her existence; however the media broke the big secret last two years. His father killed himself. However, Gin was lucky to get all the inheritance. Her mom ran away to another country but Gin wanted to remain here.” Hae Raa continued.

“Weird thing is, all of her friends share the same fate after being friends with her. All suffers for a bad luck or bad incident that happens. At first, we all think that it might only be fate, but after we knew about her true history and listed all of her friends, all of them had bad tragedies that happened.” Eun Ri added.

“The last victim was a junior from Music Club. She was really close with Gin but after that she killed herself in her room without knowing the reason. It was the worst incident that happened in this school. She was added to the list of Gin’s friends, and we see all of them had bad luck happened to them. Some of them quit school and some of them suffered from psychological diseases.”

“Here are the articles about his father and Gin.” Eun Ri showed the Internet article inside her phone.

“You can Google it and see it for yourself. Even Changjo also had experienced himself. You know that Changjo also one of her friends right? He’s gotten into an accident after coming from a meeting with Gin. He broke his wrist and was hospitalized.”

“She didn’t have any friends after that because one by one, they were cursed.”

HyeMi looked at the article.

There was a picture of Gin inside it.

“…. Politicians killed himself…. An illegal birth from a e….carried the name of the rich politician” HyeMi read the article.

“If you don’t believe us, you can ask her directly. An illegal child like that, bringing curses to every single of her friends… She shouldn’t stay here.” Hae Raa said with disgust.

HyeMi felt anger and disappointment building inside her.                                                                                         

“Well… I’m willing to take the risks of being her friend. There’s no one in this world that was being born with curses. With all the evidence that you’ve showed me, it might just fate. It’s not from her. Everyone is born special. You might want to take back your words.” HyeMi said seriously, controlling her anger.

The two girls remain silent.

“I’ve got to go now. Thanks for the valuable information. I’ll ask her directly. Good luck for your exam!” HyeMi packed her things while faking a smile and left the group.

 

 

“Come to think of it, Gin never said anything about her family… Even the news was right; they shouldn’t say something like that. Gin was not the one to be blame upon her parents’ fault.” HyeMi thought to herself while tying her dance shoes.

Suddenly, she realized something.

“If they know about my past…my fate would be the same as Gin… Maybe worse…I-I’m dirty.” Goosebumps spread over her body, as she froze herself.

“Mom…also had that look on her face… Mom, do you forget me already…?” Her chest felt suffocated and tears seemed to build inside her.

“HyeMi! Come. Miss Jessica is here!” A girl in her ballerina outfit called her.

“D-De!” She flustered.

As she came out from the back room, the studio had already filled with the idol groups. Some of them noticed her presence. She only wore casual tee and pants, tying her long and thick hair in a ponytail, but her presence seemed to leave a huge impact to them.

“Let’s start with the last dance. HyeMi, join us. You need to practice for the next moves. The other three ballerinas, practice with Miss Hyoyeon at the back.” The principal voiced, serious.

“But, she hasn’t learn the steps yet.” Chanyeol said.

“She can catch up with us. HyeMi, watch it carefully. We will do it part by part. After that, try to follow. Ready, everyone!” Jessica pressed the remote of the audio system.

HyeMi watched it carefully, learning the step by watching it. She stood at the corner for a while, looking at the flawless moves of the idols and the beautiful principal.

The song stopped.

“Want to try it or you want us to repeat it again?” Jessica said.

The idols looked at her.

“I-I’ll try.” She voiced, positioned herself in front of the mirror.

Jessica smiled and pressed the button.

She did it though, adding a few of her own moves. It was flawless but it was a little bit different from what had Jessica taught, however the key points in the dance were accurate.

“Whoa…” Jongup gasped.

“Don’t underestimate girls, boys. She’s once a dance teacher too. Let’s see if you could keep up with this one. Come on, boys!” Jessica resumed the song.

 

 

“Okay guys! Let’s take a break! We’ll continue after 15 minutes!” Jessica shouted.

HyeMi exhaled deeply and followed the ballerinas towards the side with her bag and a small towel that she was holding. The other idols also were taking their breath, spending their short break quickly.

The blue-eyed girl was having a small chat with the ballerinas that were surrounding her as she lean her side towards the wall.

HyeMi then diverted her gaze towards the outside view of the dance studio – her expression saddened.

Ricky, who was slightly near to her, noticed it.

“It was the same expression as this morning… Why did she look like she’s….in pain?” He thought.

However, what he saw with his eyes were more shocking as he continued to look at her.

Tears were building in her eyes.

Ricky froze, seeing how her lips trembled a bit; her tears were urging to come out.

HyeMi, who was facing directly towards the glass wall, quickly covered it up by wiping the tears away with her towel, acting as if she was wiping the sweats on her face.

She didn’t realize that Ricky noticed it clearly.

HyeMi couldn’t stop thinking about her mom in her dream.

She missed her too much and her heart couldn’t take it anymore.

It was painful.

Before Ricky could approach, someone called for her.

“HyeMi. Come here for a while.” Jessica called.

“You will have your dance evaluation tomorrow right? You can go home now. Prepare yourself for tomorrow. The evaluation will start at 5. Make sure you were at the auditorium before that. We’ll start sharp at 5. Okay?” The principal said.

“D-De. Thank you for today’s lesson.” HyeMi bowed to her and also a warm hug from the principal.

As HyeMi took all of her belongings and saying goodbyes to her new ballerinas’ friends, Minhyun suddenly voiced.

“Where are you going? The training isn’t over yet.”

He stood directly in front of her, blocking her way out, scaring her at the same time.

“She had a much bigger solo performance tomorrow. Come on, go now.” Jessica quickly interrupted, pulling the girl towards the back room.

 

 
“HyeMi, my P.A, Sooyoung said that you haven’t used the credit card yet. Why?” Jessica asked, curious.

It was the biggest privileges that she had given to a student, a golden credit card. Any girl would already spent on anything but not for this girl with blue-eyes.

“I-I don’t know how to…u-use it… I’m sorry… I’ve never use a credit card before.” HyeMi stuttered as the two of them were inside the back room.

“Okay… So, tell me. What do you have in mind that you want to buy?” Jessica smiled, looking at the puzzled face of her blue-eyed student.

HyeMi silenced herself, but with the demanding principal in front of her, she left with no choice. She really can just say that she didn’t need anything but Jessica might demand her to choose a thing.

“M-My phone was broken because of t-that incident... I-I’m sorry, Miss Jessica, but I really need one now… I-I don’t have any money left because I didn’t teach ballets for kids a-anymore. I’m r-really sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing? Come, let’s go to the phone shop and choose a new one for you. Ah! You will need a computer for your home and an IPad-“

“N-No… Just a phone… Please?” HyeMi bowed to the principal.

“Okay. Gee… I got too carried away. I’m so excited to go for a shopping. Come on. I’ll give you a ride.”

HyeMi followed the principal towards a white Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.

“Hop on. This is my personal car.”

 

 
“Is it here?” Miss Jessica closed the door of her car.

HyeMi nodded silently as she pointed towards the shop that she got the dream catcher yesterday.

“Okay then. Let’s go pick a cute phone.”

HyeMi smiled as she entered the store with Jessica.

“Welc- Ah! You’re the beautiful girl yesterday! Come on in! Welcome!” The salesgirl greeted warmly.

“Your mom?” The salesgirl asked HyeMi.                                                                                  

“U-Uh…N-No… S-She’s-“

“Yes. I’m her adopted mother.” Jessica cut her words and smiled sweetly.

“Oh. Okay then…” The salesgirl replied, confused.

“My daughter said that this store had the latest phone and a cute salesgirl promoting to her yesterday. Can I look at the new releases phone?” Jessica smiled as HyeMi looked at her in a daze after her statement that she is her adopted daughter.

“Oh! Here it is! This is the new Galaxy Note! For our special promotion if you take this one, we give you a free selection of beautiful rhinestone cases from our collection, tempered glass and a three-year warranty! Here is the pamphlet.”

Jessica took the pamphlet and handed out to HyeMi.

“I-I don’t k-know about this…I’m sorry.” HyeMi confessed.

“Well then, I will trust you. Take that purple one.” Jessica pointed towards the newest phone inside the show glass.

“H-Huh? O-Okay then.” The salesgirl was surprised with Jessica’s fast decision.

“You can take a look on our special rhinestone catalog while I set up your new phone.”

Jessica smiled at the girl before handed out the catalog of beautiful protective case embedded with rhinestone.

“M-Miss Jessica, a-are you sure about this? I-I don’t th-“

“It’s okay dear. Now let’s choose one from this.” The beautiful president flipped the catalog.

Jessica watched how she chose one of the beautiful protective cases and her blue eyes glimmered in anticipation.

At one thought, Jessica remembered how HyeMi painfully held her tightly when she was sleeping, and how much tears has come out through all these years that she’s been alone.

“T-This one?” HyeMi smiled at her, waking her up.

“Wow. That’s beautiful. Let’s take this one then. After this, let’s go and get some pizza to eat. I’m starving. Can you accompany me, dear?” Jessica HyeMi’s cheeks.

“D-De!” She replied happily.

“Here is it, your new phone and this is the user guide manual, charger, earphones, all in this box. This one is your new phone number. Have you choose one?”

“D-De! This one.” HyeMi pointed.

“It’s beautiful. Let me get it and set it up for you and then you’re set to go.” The salesgirl took the new phone again and entered a room beside her.

“M-Miss Jessica, thank you.” HyeMi bowed to her.

“You don’t have to thank me. It is your credit card anyway.” Jessica pulled her body up.

“B-But y-you’re the one that’s paying for it. I-If mom was h-here, I will be happy to introduce her to you!” HyeMi smiled happily after saying about her mother.

Jessica smiled in pain.

How can this girl still smiling although her mother clearly left her? A question lingered in her mind. She didn’t say anything seeing HyeMi was very happy every time she talked about her mother.

“Here it is. You’re phone is ready! Enjoy your new phone!”

 

 

 
“Remember to study okay? Tomorrow evening you will have the dance evaluation.” Jessica hugged her.

“A-Are you sure you don’t want to enter first?” HyeMi asked the principal.

“It’s okay. I need to settle something up for your tomorrow’s dance evaluation. Ah! I’ve saved my number in your phone. If anything happens, just call, okay?”

“D-De! Kamsahamnida.” HyeMi bowed.

 

 

HyeMi was still drying her hair after her shower. Her gaze lies on the new phone.

“I don’t even know how to use it. It doesn’t even had a keypad.” HyeMi muttered as she lies on the bed, touching it.

“Press here… and then- Ah! It worked!”

“Let’s call MinRii for tomorrow’s performance!” She thought.

 

<*BEEP*  *BEEP*>

 

“Yoboseyo? Who’s this?” MinRii voiced.

“It’s HyeMi, princess!”

“HYEMI-AH!!!! OMO!!! You’ve got a new phone?! Is this your new number? How’s your training go? Do you still in exam? Have you-“

“Calm down, MinRii-ah! I’m not going anywhere… Besides we got to meet tomorrow!”

“KYAAHHHH!!! I can’t wait to see you again! Wait, at what time is the performance?”

“You have to calm down first!”

“Okay…okay….I am calming myself now…. I can ‘t wait to make you WEAR OUR DANCE COSTUME!!! KYAAAAHHH!!!”

“MinRii….”

“I’m sorry… Please continue Miss HyeMi.”

“Tomorrow make sure you come here at 3.30 for our last training because the evaluation start at 5 p.m. I’ll wait for you at the gate. Make sure to bring the costume!”

“Okay! I can’t believe that I can get my feet inside the sacred Kiria High School! I’m going to bring markers and notebook to get as many as possible the idols autograph!!!”

“Yeah. You should. I can introduce you to some of them…” HyeMi laughed.

“JACKPOT!!! I love you!” She screamed.

“MinRii! COME BACK FROM YOUR DREAMLAND AND STUDY!” A loud voice was heard behind MinRii phone call that make HyeMi laughed hardly.

“That’s not funny! Well, that my cue though. Mom kept blabbering too much for these examination. Gosh, I better get back to study before she shoves me into her stove.”

“Well you can’t blame her. She’s your mom. Anyway, I’ll talk to you later, then.”

“Okay! Annyeong!”

“Annyeong!”

 

<*PHONE CALL ENDED*>

 

“I need to go and study now! It’s getting late!”

Getting out of bed, the blue-eyed girl walking up towards her study table and started concentrating herself in study.

 

 

“Finally! The test is over! It’s party time!!” Gin shouted as she hugged her blue-eyed friend.

“You need to calm down, girl!” HyeMi chuckled as she hugged her friend back.

“Hey, didn’t you got that Dance Evaluation today?” Gin pulled off from the hug.

“Y-Yeah… B-But it is at 5 pm… Could you come and eat with me?” HyeMi smiled as she fixed Gin’s bangs.

“Sure! Come on! Let’s eat at my secret base then!” They started to pack up.

It was 12.45pm and the two girls were choosing the meal for their small date.

“I want that set, with extra cheese and a bottle of Sprite. Oh! Take away, please. How about you princess?”

The waiter was constantly gazing upon HyeMi’s beauty as her mind was somewhere else, didn’t realize about her friends question.

“Hello? Princess? Please come back to life!” Gin shook her up, waking her from her daydream.

“O-Oh! I-I’m sorry… W-What did you just say?” She asked.

“What do you want?” Gin implied.

“Want what?”

“Gosh, princess. Get a grip of yourself! And please, stop looking at her like you want to eat her alive. I’ll swear that I’ll punch your face.” Gin snapped at the waiter.

He squirmed to the back of the kitchen, surely taken aback by Gin.

“Gin… You shouldn’t talk like that...” HyeMi fixed her swept bangs from covering her face.

“Whoa… Princess, what’s gotten into you today?”

“O-Oh… Nothing…” HyeMi stuttered.

“Well, don’t tense for your dance today! Are you sure you don't want to eat?” Gin took the meals that had been packed up nicely.

"I'm o-okay." She smiled as her hand was being pulled by the tomboy girl.

 

 

“Come on! This way! Make sure you keep quiet!” Gin pulled out a key from her shorts and unlocked a wooden door in front of her.

They stepped inside the room just to see a store of all the musical instruments in there, perfectly lined up and neat according to its type.

“This room is the storeroom for all broken instruments.” Gin said, as she smiled to her.

“Broken? But they seemed new!” HyeMi said, surprised.

“You see… all these musical instruments have their lifespan that's in the school contract. Whether it’s broken or not, used or not, after two years, these things needs to be replaced with  new ones.” A hint of sadness was heard in Gin’s tone.

“Some of them were sold and the money was used for the charity but still, these guys create the best melodies and also the best memories for me.” She added.

HyeMi walked towards and old white grand piano and sat on the bench, positioning herself to play.

“U-Um… I don’t play piano for a long time now… Can you help me play this song?” HyeMi looked at Gin and smile before she started to create the melodies.

 

<*CANON IN D  PLAYS*>

 

Gin smiled as she heard HyeMi played the piano, as she sat beside her and start adding her impromptu composition of Canon in D.

HyeMi smiled at her as they played the song beautifully, resonating in the room.

“That was freaking awesome! You’re good in playing the piano!” Gin stated as she released the last key of the classical piece.

HyeMi didn’t say anything, but her blue eyes stared into Gin.

“Hey, princess… W-What’s wro-“

Before Gin could finish her sentence, HyeMi hugged her earnestly, comforting her.

“It’s okay to cry. You cannot always stay strong. It’ll hurt you.” HyeMi whispered to Gin.

Gin didn’t say anything nor do anything, as HyeMi hugged her.

“I know your past. Your story. About your family. About you.” HyeMi implied once again before Gin literally pushed HyeMi away from her.

Gin looked at her, bewildered.

“I know about your list of friends.” HyeMi smiled.

The tomboy girl looked at her – scared.

“Do you know, I could never play that song beautifully before. Thanks to you, I can.”

“Same as us, we need someone or something to move on in this life. To complete a broken piece in music. To perfect a dance choreography. You are not born as a curse, no one is born with a curse. We all special.”

“Those friends who left you completely alone, are not your true friends. They started blaming you for their own destiny just because you had these bad things happened in life.”

“These kind of people, don’t even deserve to be in this world because they can’t even accept the God’s written destiny.”

“Everything that happened to your friends, it is not because of you, it was God.”

“Forgive yourself. And…cry if you want. I’ll always be beside you.” HyeMi her cheeks.

It was the first time, the very first time, Gin cried so much inside HyeMi’s embrace, spilling everything out of her thoughts, and HyeMi listened to her with so much attention and affection.

Although inside her heart, she was craving for that love too.

 

 

After parting with Gin, HyeMi rushed towards the main gates to wait for her dance crew.

Her stomach was grumbling, and she didn’t eat anything yet after the ‘confession-session’ with the tomboy girl.

She opened a pack of energy bar that she took from home while walking towards the gate.

“Yummy!” She said.

Suddenly, two girls accidentally bumped to her making the energy bar fall flatly on the grass.

She gaze upon her one and only lunch, before looking back to the girls that not even apologizing to her and they completely ignoring their fault.

HyeMi squatted down towards her energy bar. She held her stomach, scrunching it.

“I-I’m really…really hungry…” She implied, with a sad view on her lunch.

She pulled out her backpack, hoping to find other things that she could eat.

“I want to eat… I have dance evaluation right after this… I don’t have time to go back to the cafeteria…” She mumbled at herself as she sat on the grass, completely ignoring everything around her.

“Why does everyone here is very rude? They clearly pushed me just now…and my bar dropped…a-and no sorry? That was really rude!” She let out her anger by mumbling to herself.

The blue-eyed girl rummaged her hair, frustrated enough.

“Hey.” A voice startled her from behind.

 

-----------DAEHYUN  '  S   (BAP) POV-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw that girl. What’s she’s been doing here all alone?

Wait. What she’s been staring on the grass?

I approached her slowly, but she seemed that she didn’t notice me.

Suddenly she squatted down, and then I saw a very familiar chocolate-thing on the ground.

“I-I’m really…really hungry…”  I heard her mumbled.

Wow… Energy bar on the grass covered with dirt? Now that’s really rude to food.

From squatting down, she clearly sat on that dirty grass and mumbled something that made me understand the reason why.

She rummaged her long hair, and let out a long sigh.

Wait. Is she’s angry right now? It seems cute rather than scary. This is funny.

“Hey.”

A scared expression plastered on her face. The same expression that I saw her for the first time.

She abruptly got up and took the dirty energy bar from the ground while keeping a distance from me.

“Are you gonna eat that?” It is such a waste but you can’t eat that.

She pointed to a waste basket. Wait, she seems to run away from me.

Silence crept between us two before I neared her, but she stepped back.

“Uh… I kind of heard that you’re really hungry.”

Her pale white complexion reddened. She blushed…Beautiful…

“Hey… Take this.”

I opened my bag and took out two Kinder Bueno.

“I only got this. Would you mind taking this?”

She stopped for a while before shook her head, saying no.

I never get the chance to help her again. I mean…Why my heart is beating so fast?

She turned her body from me.

Say something to make her stop!

“Please! Uh… I know you didn’t know me and it’s not good to take things from someone you don’t know, but… I know you’re hungry… It’s not nice if you’re not helping people in need.”

She looked back at me.

“Here, take it. I’m sincere to give this to you.”

I walked to her gave a space.

“I-I c-cant…” She speaks! She spoke to me!

“Uh… Let’s considered as I’m treating you…and if we meet again, I’ll let you treat me. Deal?” God… I shouldn’t say that.

She nodded.

I stuck out my hands, and she took one Kinder bar from me.

“Only one?”

She nodded...again.

“K-Kamsahamnida…” She bowed to me.

As she raised her face, she let out her smile.

She was…smiling. She was really beautiful.

“Uh… Do your best on your dance evaluation.” I said to her.

She bowed again before waved to me and rushed towards the gates. Cute… I-I mean…Wow… I finally talked to her…

She smiled at me.

She spoke to me.

She waved to me.

She made me hoping…

And I hoped for her.

 

-----------NARRATOR ' S  POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for the costume... But why you pick the one that shows too much skin?” HyeMi tried out her dance costume that perfectly shows off her cleavage and her y body.

 

 

“Hey! It’s not y at all! Min Sun chose it first but because we remembered you, an angel from paradise, we got that one for you! See, we only wear tanktops, thanks to this girl here!” MinRii pinched Min Sun.

“Ouch! Hey! My style is awesome! We need to show off our iness too!” She pouted.

“Yeah… You could be a great fashion designer! I love it.” HyeMi hugged her friend.

“See, MinRii! Why you can’t support me?” She whined.

“Come on, girls! Let’s practice! I’m getting nervous by now!” Hae Yi that was standing in front of the mirror whined.

“Let’s pray first before we started practicing.” The dancers followed her orders as they held each others’ hands and started praying for their big day.

 

 

“W-Why we need to makeup?” HyeMi whined as Hyoyeon were busy applying eyeshadow on her eyelid.

“Because you wanted to look much more pretty on the stage. People will look at you, darling.” Hyoyeon implied, as the others also busy applying their makeup with the help of several other makeup artists.

“Omo! There’s audiences! You said there would be no audience! I chose a y outfit like this!” Min Sun said in surprise, as she was the first one to finish dressing up.

“R-Really? I thought-“ HyeMi looked at her teacher.

“It’s just a group of selected students. You need to overcome your fears. You have that special talent inside you. Shine it through. Believe in yourself that you can do it.” Hyoyeon cut her words while applying a y and seductive red lipstick on her lips.

“Yeah. We’ve been on countless of stage before at our school, so why can’t we pull this one off?” MinRii patted Min Sun’s shoulders.

“Okay... Wait. I want to look at HyeMi’s makeup. Why she took so much time?” Min Sun curiously implied.

“Because she’s the main dancer… Okay! She’s done! Look at yourself, darling. y and seductive.” Hyoyeon gave her a mirror.

Hae Yi was the first person to go towards her, as the others followed.

They were speechless.

“Oh my…” The blue-eyed girl managed to say.

Silence engulfed the whole backstage as they look at the main spotlight for today.

“I’m falling in love.”

“My hormones are raging!”

Before the girl wanted to start screaming, Miss Jessica entered the room.

“HyeMi?” The beautiful principal looked at the blue eyed girl.

As soon she looked at her, she smiled proudly.

“You looked amazing.”

“K-Kamsahamnida. Miss Jessica, they are my dance crew.” She abruptly got up from the makeup chair and bowed to Jessica.

“Oh! They’re beautiful too!”

After a short introduction of all of them, Jessica gave single one of them a warm hug. But before she could hug HyeMi, she stopped for a while.

“Do your best. I know you can pull this through because you’re born to be special.”

Jessica gave her a kiss on her forehead before hugged her earnestly.

“Time’s up. You’re on.” One of the staff said.

“Okay. I’ll be at the judge’s table. Do your best.”

HyeMi nodded, before taking a long deep breath as they lined up to be on stage.

Their crew was professional thanks to the blue-eyed girl teachings. Although they haven’t do any massive shows like this one, they know how to keep calm an concentrate on the show.

“Let’s show them.” HyeMi smiled to their group.

The others nodded before going out on the pitch-black stage and took their position.

---------END  OF CHAPTER 23

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also for my subscribers below! Thank you sooo much and hope you guys will be blessed always!

 

  • Lilliane
  • ReadTheGems
  • MissTomboy
  • dadada
  • Ravenette147
  • rosebaby
  • mary1998
  • EjLovesYou
  • irahmuhajir
  • exower1
  • normalgirl
  • Listen2musiceveryday
  • marianne
  • LuRain
  • warped-all-over
  • nanalay12
  • readingreader
  • milo156
  • nana00
  • fanqin
  • Vixx_Baplovers
  • Eyesmilefan
  • PotatoAkiyama
  • nikkihatz
  • Jeesung
  • Theangelvampire
  • JulliaKim
  • salmgirl01
  • Demilee_16
  • ismiainun
  • XOXOblossom8520
  • Yongmi5
  • phoenix9
  • alexoe13
  • avisdawn
  • sharr18
  • nicoles4
  • afragilegirlxxx
  • Sarahlina
  • karilovee
  • sweetlove17
  • salmastyles
  • minhye253
  • Minmint1112
  • tlx2002
  • CSkies
  • japankoreachina
  • Sooyoung2863
  • chenxoxo
  • nanahyuniee
  • bkhynkzz
  • EnigmaSbe
  • Cupcake_Love
  • RingMaBell
  • MissuHiruko
  • sushi_sykes
  • Huiyoung2824
  • yongjanice
  • music4ever-_-kun
  • arenith
  • Mellyp
  • JenniferHyun
  • wputriw
  • mjxxna
  • wonton124
  • suhorrible_
  • sweetpau15
  • jujuwe
  • RedLux9
  • Lenkaa
  • Soul56
  • kheart43
  • LilRosiie
  • Maddynevergivesup
  • acsxangie
  • kwluhan
  • chanyoghurt
  • vicerynn
  • Mimi_tea
  • bean320
  • aphrodite123
  • PikaSjOwls
  • Maiyuzi
  • Sena13
  • anstella
  • poohpooh2001
  • caviar
  • TIFFANY28
  • taemanthestripper
  • kaiwenlovechanyeol
  • inspirit4ever
  • samsamphorn
  • Skydifferent
  • sehundianne
  • hunndeer140
  • Flower4
  • Sky_Stars
  • surfergirl101
  • lia172
  • Rin-Ji
  • HidayahXiumin
  • Starlight1502
  • Lingvx
  • tinado58
  • cat1989
  • Mywaitinglistofstory
  • katelynking2000
  • MissKpop1018
  • annabelleshlee
  • 33MissUnderground33
  • DREEEE
  • yongsun1235
  • Byul96
  • Exoticz3unnY
  • Youaremyboi
  • roxxanne
  • Sebbieshadow
  • HyoaHan
  • SungGyuWifes
  • schaeyeong
  • xoxola
  • BuingBaby
  • PinkSoshifiedMe
  • knuffelmuff
  • Cutegigi
  • christalla431
  • kayepop
  • vicky1999
  • Angie143
  • Sparta12
  • kaiilynvuu
  • LoVeShAwOl23
  • Skulls
  • alijae555
  • bigbangxnuest
  • kpoplover146
  • tamakikaname
  • imdumb
  • Rexychia
  • wardarabi
  • Perfect_Sherry
  • Carlise
  • JeonHyejeong
  • stessy_your_bestie
  • Wolfie-Rue
  • KissMeImnida
  • kpopluver3
  • Himchansylvania
  • tafa_marie
  • ailisu
  • 365Exotic365
  • AlwaysAnElf
  • Kpopmylife101
  • NuEstJjang

*peeks behind the wall*

A-Annyeong...*waves hesitantly*

I'm deeply sorry because of inactive for more than a year. Last year was a major turmoil for me and I got massive challages that I had to overcome in life. And because of that, I don't have time or ideas to update the story. I deeply regretted for all my subscribers that had been waiting for this chapter to update.

It's been a rough year for me.

But, I'm back again and I haven't stop writing after New Year. I found out that writing had made a big impact for me and when I read all of your comments I feel really determined to start writing again. Well, the good news is I got into university! And now I'm in my first year of Degree of Software Engineering. It's really different from my artisitc side of me but I'm really glad that I got into my favorite course.

Well, I will try to accumulate 1 hour per day to write this story so I maybe I can update this faster.

I am really sorry for my hiatus.

Please continue subscribe me and I will love you till the end of my life!!!

Ah! Please vote for my story and comments!!! Kekeke~ Love readin' it!

Please continue subscribing and help me to improve my English-writing skills!

Hope you guys will always be healthy and happy! Love ya'll!

 

Till next time!

With lots and lots and lots of love